Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Instead of 2 maybe 3

sassylemon
November 8th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Possibly the newest member of my fur-family went to meet her today. Sweetest little girl. Just need to get paid :cloud9:

http://spca.cambridgeweb.net/adoption_profile.php?10082103P

She is definately deserving of a home that she can run around in and my cat right now doesn't seem to mind cats, met a cat through the screen and she purred the other one hissed. I just need the money and I want to see if they would get along before my friends cat shows up at Christmas

14+kitties
November 8th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Oh wow!! What a special girl she is! You would be lucky to have her. As she would be you. Just make sure to follow the intro steps that you will be using for the other girl next month. You are going to have your hands full. :thumbs up

sassylemon
November 8th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I went back to the store, on my to a friends house and this cat curled up on my lap tried to go to sleep. She was purring, I think I am going to do it.

:lovestruck::cloud9:

Shaykeija
November 8th, 2010, 09:12 PM
What a cutie...:cloud9: You should name her Purrtunia..lol

sassylemon
November 8th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I like the name

, apparently the vets come in and take the cats have been there for awhile out and put new guys in, she is at petsmart and apparently has been there for 3 weeks, I don't know what happens to the cats they take out , but I am going for her on Friday. I have e-mailed the humane society to tell them I am very interested in her and to please keep her there.

:pray:

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2010, 10:48 PM
She's a doll, sassylemon! I hope it all works out for both of you! :goodvibes:

sassylemon
November 12th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I did it, I got her and the girls at the humane society were happy that she found her furever home. Apparently she has been at the humane socitey and petsmart for almost 7 months altogether. :( She seems happy so far and she has touched noses with Skitter who hissed at her. Skitter seems to be happy still so I hope they will be friends at some point. :pray:

Both cats like to be cuddled. But that is okay, I got more then enough cuddles to share with both :lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
November 12th, 2010, 11:15 PM
That is great news! Just remember to introduce them very slowly...cause if u don't u could have big trouble. It should take a week or two for introductions.

There is a sticky note I think that gives instructions on how to do a proper introduction between cats.

Tundra_Queen
November 12th, 2010, 11:20 PM
here are some links to info about how to introduce new cats to old cats that 14+ posted.

http://www.squidoo.com/multi-cat-management

and this one

http://www.myhealthycat.com/multi-cat.html

sassylemon
November 13th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks, :) I knew to seperate them at first, the noses were by chance when I was going to see Doola. Doola has the basement and Skitter has the rest of the house.

First night went okay, I took Skitter to my room like I do everynight when I go to bed and I let Doola out of the basement to have the run of the house. Right now they are sitting on the opposites sides of the basement door.