Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing .......

14+kitties
November 8th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Venus (formerly known as Blackie :yuck:)
And Goldy - for now but will find a new name for him. Any suggestions? And please no Pumpkins.

I got a phone call the other day from the woman who manages my vets' cat quarters. She asked if I possibly had any room at all for two cats who needed to find a new home quickly. They had been looked after by an older couple in their 80s, both now in declining health. They wanted to find the right place for the kitties before they left this earth and the cats were on their own. They are semi ferals so would not be able to go to a "normal" home. I guess I am the right place.
They are brother and sister around a year and a half old. Goldy is a tripod. His back right leg ends at the knee. He was born this way. From what I've been told it doesn't slow him down much. I am looking very much forward to getting to know and love these two. Right now they have a lot of settling to do.

BenMax
November 8th, 2010, 03:21 PM
:grouphug: to you dear friend.

How about 'Chedder' for Goldy?

14+kitties
November 8th, 2010, 03:32 PM
:grouphug: to you dear friend.

How about 'Chedder' for Goldy?

That's a possibility. He looks a little cheesy. :D

Dog Dancer
November 8th, 2010, 10:55 PM
My friend your heart has no bounds. Bless you again for taking on yet two more needy souls. :angel2: Gotta say Goldie doesn't look very happy! That will change when he realizes he's hit pay dirt! We had a big red fellow like that called Whiskers, but mostly he got Big Red. Not too original either, but it fit. :grouphug:

14+kitties
November 8th, 2010, 11:29 PM
So Chedder and Big Red. Mmmm, might have to go do a search. I want to see if there is something that reaches out and grabs me.
He let me pet him for a couple of seconds tonight when I went to check on them. I'm hoping once Venus has settled she will too. :fingerscr

cpietra16
November 9th, 2010, 07:36 AM
how about Copper...a strong, durable just like goldy, but a better ring to it:shrug:

Love4himies
November 9th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Awwwww 14+ :angel::angel::grouphug: What a busy day you must have had yesterday :grouphug:

I do like Copper :thumbs up

14+kitties
November 9th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I've found some names for Goldy I'd like to try on. Remember I named the female Venus. Sort of goes with the whole Jupiter, Orbit, Juno (Testy) I already have with my black kitties. :D I need a vote now. The most popular one is what Goldy will be named. That means I need people reading but not replying to reply please. ;)

Boden
Daylan
Devin
Astro
Tikki

Those are the choices. Hopefully one will be more popular than the others. :fingerscr

diandpat
November 9th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Awwwww, such lucky kitties to end up in your lap of luxury 14+ How sweet of that couple to care for them and then be so concerned with their future despite their own health concerns. :thumbs up

They are both gorgeous and if put to a vote, I would have to go with Astro...for no particular reason. I just like that name and it goes well with Venus... :shrug:

Bless you for always having room for one (or two) more. I don't know how you do it but judging by the pics in the other thread you sure do it with style!!! :highfive:

Shaykeija
November 9th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I had a ginger cat that we called Salsa..

CarolynInPEI
November 9th, 2010, 10:14 AM
My friend your heart has no bounds. Bless you again for taking on yet two more needy souls. :angel2: Gotta say Goldie doesn't look very happy! That will change when he realizes he's hit pay dirt! We had a big red fellow like that called Whiskers, but mostly he got Big Red. Not too original either, but it fit. :grouphug:

My grandmother has a cat that looks almost identical to Goldy and her name is Whisker.

14+kitties
November 9th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Kitties had a good night. Venus finally came out of hiding. I watched them playing and climbing the shelves in their enclosure before I went to feed them. That bum leg of Goldy's sure doesn't hold him back. He was right up to the very top shelf no problem. I guess being born that way makes it easier to get used to.
Venus is going to take some settling before I am allowed close enough to her to pet. Goldy, or whatever name we settle on, has allowed me to pet him and scratch him under the chin although he still shows some fear.
The lady phoned me this morning to tell me there is still one more stray that is coming in for feedings. She would like me to keep an ear out to see if we can find a place. Not likely. :( There are so many unwanted cats around. :cry:
I wish, hope and pray for the day that cats will be treated with the same respect as dogs are. I hope I'm around to see it but I doubt it.

aws1
November 9th, 2010, 11:48 AM
You are the mother Teressa of kitties and bless you for your dedication.We had a orange tabby he was one of the feral cats that we feed and we called him Rusty. Again thank you for helping the :cat:

Magicwildwolf69
November 9th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I've found some names for Goldy I'd like to try on. Remember I named the female Venus. Sort of goes with the whole Jupiter, Orbit, Juno (Testy) I already have with my black kitties. :D I need a vote now. The most popular one is what Goldy will be named. That means I need people reading but not replying to reply please. ;)

Boden
Daylan
Devin
Astro
Tikki

Those are the choices. Hopefully one will be more popular than the others. :fingerscr

i like Astro!

14+ you are a wonderful person! They are going to be such spoiled kitties! Wish i was closer to help out!

14+kitties
November 9th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Aww thank you folks. :grouphug:
I am thinking Astro fits more with the other names too. Will have to try it out on him. See what he thinks.
I did have a Whiskey/Whisker kitty. He's one that was adopted by a customer/friend from my greenhouse days along with one I called Chip. They are now Nip and Tuck. She is the same lady that brought me Dart.

krdahmer
November 9th, 2010, 01:07 PM
First off a three legged orange guy....!!:lovestruck:!!!....don't tell hubby I just considered that!!!! :laughing: And Venus how cute is she?!?:cloud9: I also vote Astro for orangey man...suits him I think. Can't wait to meet them!

rainbow
November 9th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Once again your heart opened up to help kitties in need. :angel: :grouphug: I think you need to pm Marko to change your name from 14+kitties to 44+kitties. :o

Another vote for Astro as it fits best with Venus .....although you could call him Saturn to go with the rings on his tail. :D

Dog Dancer
November 9th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I'd have to go Astro also. Astro and Venus.

izzykan
November 9th, 2010, 04:33 PM
:thumbs up: I like Astro too. How wonderful of you to take in these two beauties. They are so lucky to go to such a loving home. All the best! :grouphug:

chico2
November 9th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Venus is beautiful and having met"Astro",although he was hissing at the time,he too is a beauty and at 1yr and a half,they are still just babies.:lovestruck:
I am sure they'll come around very quickly with our kitty-whisperer:grouphug:and just like beautiful big Jupiter,they'll be feral no more.

Tundra_Queen
November 9th, 2010, 05:20 PM
awwwwww 14+ your such an angel.

Kitties had a good night. Venus finally came out of hiding. I watched them playing and climbing the shelves in their enclosure before I went to feed them. That bum leg of Goldy's sure doesn't hold him back. He was right up to the very top shelf no problem. I guess being born that way makes it easier to get used to.
Venus is going to take some settling before I am allowed close enough to her to pet. Goldy, or whatever name we settle on, has allowed me to pet him and scratch him under the chin although he still shows some fear.
The lady phoned me this morning to tell me there is still one more stray that is coming in for feedings. She would like me to keep an ear out to see if we can find a place. Not likely. :( There are so many unwanted cats around. :cry:
I wish, hope and pray for the day that cats will be treated with the same respect as dogs are. I hope I'm around to see it but I doubt it.

How bout coppercliff seeing as he likes to climb LOL

Actual I like Boyden,,,sort of mysterious.