Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What Is A Pixel?

debanneball
September 15th, 2004, 05:08 AM
:eek: I know this is a very stupid question, but can someone explain what 50 X 50 pixels is.... I have tried and tried to get an 'avator' and even though my choice may be 20 or 30 kb (whatever those letter are... :confused: ) the message says that it's too large. So, what exactly is a pixel? :eek:

Sneaky2006
September 15th, 2004, 06:51 AM
It is not a stupid question!
Kb is a unit of measurement as far as how much room it takes up on your computer.
A pixel is a unit of measurement like an inch or CM, so a pic being as little as 20kb mostly likely won't be smaller than 50 x 50 pixels.
My avatar pic is around 4kb, if you want to use that to go by, as long as it's the same resolution.

BamaRama
September 15th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Debanneball, I have a picture editor that can shrink pictures to a certain amount of pixels, if you like, you can email me the picture that you want to use as an avatar, and i can email it back to you with the correct sizing, it would take me about 2 seconds to do:)

dmb_fan_81@rogers.com

debanneball
September 15th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Bam, as soon as I am home...the picture will be in your email. Thanks so much. :D :D :D :D :D

BamaRama
September 15th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Not a problem! :D

debanneball
September 15th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Hey Bam, I have just sent the picture. By the way, do you frequent Rama...if so I was just there for 3 days last week, and one afternoon at Georgian Downs. Be good, and thank you so much. :D