Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Transport needed - Montreal to Niagara Falls......

14+kitties
November 2nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
So Heidi needs to come to her foster home. I know if cpietra can get her to L4's L4 will bring her to the next leg. Who's available? If needed I'm sure kr and I will be able to do a quick run to Chris' again on our next consecutive day off.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73269&page=2

Let's work some magic again folks!!!! :thumbs up

BenMax
November 2nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
I have a rescue coming in next weekend (not weekend coming up). They are from Niagra Falls area. Do you want me to ask? Remember however that they will have alot of dogs in this run.

Winston
November 2nd, 2010, 03:46 PM
Depending on where and what day I might be able to assist you 14+ but I am not far from you so Heidi would be almost home by them.

Where is L4H gonna drop off?

chico2
November 2nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
i would love to do the last leg again,but my stupid cast won't allow me to drive:(
however,if it's no too far,hubby might be talked in to driving,as long as it's going west.
l4h,as usual,you are great for helping out:grouphug:

cpietra16
November 2nd, 2010, 06:15 PM
WHEN will this go down guys :rolleyes::DI need to find sitters for my kids. Heidi is doing ok. I will try and post a video clip as soon as my friend lends me her camera.

Love4himies
November 2nd, 2010, 06:28 PM
I can only do it on the weekend, we are in the middle of quarterly reporting at work.

Love4himies
November 2nd, 2010, 06:34 PM
I assume that the kitty will be dropped off for a overnight stay :D :cloud9::lovestruck: :cloud9::lovestruck:

cpietra16
November 2nd, 2010, 07:09 PM
Let me know when it works for you L4H. I would guess that Sunday would be too late? I may have a few ringuette and hockey games that I need to take my kids too. I will know more when I talk to thier dad.

Love4himies
November 2nd, 2010, 07:15 PM
I can receive her during the week, I just can't take her to TO during the week. If a weekday works better for you if your kids are in school, then that is fine.

Is she easy to handle?

14+kitties
November 2nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
Hey ladies. I'm just trying to help out.:o If Heidi is doing well at your place cpietra and you are ok with her there she can stay. :D Just thought you couldn't keep her. kr said she would take her. I'm not sure when I can do anything as we would have to coordinate days. I work weird hours but will do whatever I can.
BM - Is the rescue going or coming from Niagara?

cpietra16
November 2nd, 2010, 08:00 PM
14+ I really can't keep her at this time, or I would have. When I agreed to help rehome Heidi, the lady knew I could not take her in. I am in school three days a week and work full time. I can not socialize her at this point.
Heidi's previous owner knew this, but did not like my plan of putting her in a supervised colony. Since I could not find other foster homes, the lady decided to have heidi put down because she deemed her unadoptable...and that is where Krdahmer came in.

Winston
November 2nd, 2010, 08:44 PM
L4H what part can you do? I know you said the weekend but how far are you going to drive to?

So far its Cpietra to you...you to ?

Love4himies
November 3rd, 2010, 07:48 AM
I would prefer to only go as far as Brock Rd, I think the collectors start just after that. If DH comes with me, we could go a little further into TO.

Love4himies
November 3rd, 2010, 07:49 AM
I think DH has Monday off, I may be able to swing Monday off too. So if Sunday works for you cpietra it may work out. Will have to confirm though.

Winston
November 3rd, 2010, 08:12 AM
So L4H thats the Etobicoke area right?

Love4himies
November 3rd, 2010, 08:26 AM
No, I think it is Pickering???? I don't know where exactly Etobicoke is. :shrug:

aslan
November 3rd, 2010, 08:59 AM
No, I think it is Pickering???? I don't know where exactly Etobicoke is. :shrug:

lol,,,etobicoke is where i live L4, Not sure of my work schedule or you know i'd offer to help.

Winston
November 3rd, 2010, 09:14 AM
Okay so is there anyone that can get Heidi closer to me other than Pickering?

Chris21711
November 3rd, 2010, 09:28 AM
Me, I can meet L4H same place as last time.

Winston
November 3rd, 2010, 09:36 AM
Chris so you would bring Heidi to your place? or somewhere else?

Chris21711
November 3rd, 2010, 09:42 AM
Chris so you would bring Heidi to your place? or somewhere else?

No, I can meet you west of the city. What do you think?

BenMax
November 3rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
Hey ladies. I'm just trying to help out.:o If Heidi is doing well at your place cpietra and you are ok with her there she can stay. :D Just thought you couldn't keep her. kr said she would take her. I'm not sure when I can do anything as we would have to coordinate days. I work weird hours but will do whatever I can.
BM - Is the rescue going or coming from Niagara?

Rescue is coming into Montreal and then returning to Niagra with some rescue dogs. I have asked her before to take a cat or two which she has done. Let me know if this can assist you.:). It never hurts to ask.

Winston
November 3rd, 2010, 09:54 AM
BM this may be better for everyone if they are already coming? It would save alot of travel for everyone? Is this on the week end?

Can you let us know if they will before we go ahead with trying to organize transport?

Cindy

Love4himies
November 3rd, 2010, 10:13 AM
My personal feeling is that Montreal to Niagara is really too long of a travel for a cat if you don't have. It is not like a dog that can have a break, especially if you run into trouble through GTA :shrug:. That's why I like to have the cat stay overnight for a break overnight.

Chris21711
November 3rd, 2010, 10:13 AM
BM this may be better for everyone if they are already coming? It would save alot of travel for everyone? Is this on the week end?

Can you let us know if they will before we go ahead with trying to organize transport?

Cindy

Winston, BenMax said that they are coming the weekend of the Nov 15th....

***I have a rescue coming in next weekend (not weekend coming up). They are from Niagra Falls area. Do you want me to ask? Remember however that they will have alot of dogs in this run.***

BenMax
November 3rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
My personal feeling is that Montreal to Niagara is really too long of a travel for a cat if you don't have. It is not like a dog that can have a break, especially if you run into trouble through GTA :shrug:. That's why I like to have the cat stay overnight for a break overnight.

I understand completely however it has been done. I will not lie, the cats are stressed due to the presense of the dogs and the noise. But on the other hand, if it means saving a life...then you take the less of both evils.

Totally up to you gals on what you want to do. If it does not work out...there is a back up.:thumbs up

cpietra16
November 3rd, 2010, 05:34 PM
Heidi may not do very well for the long ride Montreal- Niagra. When She came to my house ( 5 minutes ride)...her stress level was haigh and she peed all over the crate...trying to hide.
I can make it on Sunday or if I can get my ex to look after the kids I can make it on saturday...SUnday would probably be a little less stressful
I can;t remember how far I need to go and where....:shrug:memory loss...sorry guys. I'm a :loser:when it comes to my memory

Love4himies
November 3rd, 2010, 05:58 PM
Sunday is good, if I can transport Monday.

Love4himies
November 3rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
Heidi may not do very well for the long ride Montreal- Niagra. When She came to my house ( 5 minutes ride)...her stress level was haigh and she peed all over the crate...trying to hide.
I can make it on Sunday or if I can get my ex to look after the kids I can make it on saturday...SUnday would probably be a little less stressful
I can;t remember how far I need to go and where....:shrug:memory loss...sorry guys. I'm a :loser:when it comes to my memory

Let me know if you want me to email you or PM you my address and phone #

Another thing is the crate issue. The cat can't be taken from crate to crate during the transfer so I will need my crate back, unless I can talk Global into giving me one at a discount. :D

Winston
November 4th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Monday isnt looking like a good day for me to do this?? It would be a really long drive going up to Chris's and then all the way to Niagara and then back to Hamilton??

I was thinking about what others have said and am wondering if Benmax's option would make it easier. Seeing as no matter how we do it the drive and distance is far and heidi doesnt obviously do well in a vehicle yet it wont matter when we do it. There is also the cage issue and this way if she is transported she is transported in one cage/carrier and no risk of her escaping.

I think BM mentioned the 15th of Nov what do others think?

Cindy

Winston
November 4th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Anyone have any others suggestions or ideas?

krdahmer
November 4th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I think asking to see if we could get her on the transport already coming this way makes more sense... if she's in a carrier and it can be covered with a towel or blanket that would significantly cut down on the stress I would think. When 14+ brought blue back to his owner after she tried to shave him he peed, but on the trip from her place to niagara falls when I covered the carrier with a towel he had no problems at all....:shrug:

14+kitties
November 4th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I think asking to see if we could get her on the transport already coming this way makes more sense... if she's in a carrier and it can be covered with a towel or blanket that would significantly cut down on the stress I would think. When 14+ brought blue back to his owner after she tried to shave him he peed, but on the trip from her place to niagara falls when I covered the carrier with a towel he had no problems at all....:shrug:

In my defense that was a retaliatory pee. :frustrated: He was ticked at me for shaving him. :laughing: And now he is an absolute angel with his new owner. :cloud9:

I guess ultimately it should be between kr and cpietra. I guess I jumped the gun starting this thread. :o

Winston
November 4th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I agree I know it would be great to get her here sooner but it just isnt looking like it will be a smooth run...

I am sure that Benmax can ask them to keep Heidi maybe in the front seat with the rescuers so that there may be less noise for her.

Lets hope Benmax checks in and this an be arranged...:thumbs up

Love4himies
November 4th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Yes, it is between kr and cpietra. Cpietra, you know I will be there for you anytime you need me.

When we transported Naddy, she went to the bathroom almost immediately after starting on the trip, with a cat there is really no safe way to take them out, clean them up and put them back in a carrier. Snowball used to be the same way. It too over 7 hours to get from my place to 14+'s place which I believe is close to kr's place, add three hours onto that and it is a long time to be in a carrier full of urine and/or diarrhea (even the 7 hours is).

I can take the kitty to Aslan's if need be (if she permits it). Can KR not meet you in Hamilton? or between Hamilton and Niagara? How long between Aslan's and your place Winston?

If it was the only way, then that's the way it got to be, otherwise, I think we should make it as easy on Heidi as we can.

Just my :2cents:

Winston
November 4th, 2010, 02:22 PM
L4H I am guessing but I think it would take about an hour from my place to Aslan's...

Its a long drive from my place to Pickering and then back to Niagara Falls.

No one else at this end offered to go so I am assuming they cant meet me??

The other thing is as mentioned she shouldnt be transferred between carriers once the transport starts and thats gonna make it a long ride for her no matter who takes her??? whether its us or someone else??

14+kitties
November 4th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Of course if it is decided that cpietra, L4, Chris, Winston, and whoever else can do the drive and it can be done on a day I am off it goes without saying I will be glad to do a leg. Winston, we could meet at that shopping mall we met at last year for that matter. It isn't too far away from your place right? Then I could bring Heidi either here or to krs. It will be figured out I'm sure. I will find out when I go to work in half an hour when I work next week. :thumbs up
Only thing I am not sure of is how to get a crate change done with a kitty that is very skittish without some injury occuring to the transferrees.

Love4himies
November 4th, 2010, 02:29 PM
L4H I am guessing but I think it would take about an hour from my place to Aslan's...

Its a long drive from my place to Pickering and then back to Niagara Falls.

No one else at this end offered to go so I am assuming they cant meet me??

The other thing is as mentioned she shouldnt be transferred between carriers once the transport starts and thats gonna make it a long ride for her no matter who takes her??? whether its us or someone else??

I think Chris volunteered to meet me in Pickering, but I don't know where she was going?? To Aslan's??? :shrug:

Yes, the difference is the three hours from Montreal to my place, plus with such short drives, there isn't the necessity for eating/gas stops. That would add to the trip. Niagara to Montreal is a long haul as you can imagine.

krdahmer
November 4th, 2010, 02:31 PM
depending on what day it ends up being, I am happy to drive to hamilton to get her....but i do work and would have to wait till I am off, or working a short day (which is usually not on a weekend) (just saw more posts...) Ya if she gets to the hamilton area, between me and 14 she'll get here...or there....;)

Winston
November 4th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I guess ultimately it should be between kr and cpietra. I guess I jumped the gun starting this thread.

:shrug: okay well then if you need me let me know and I will see what I can do?? I dont want to step on anyone's toes so to speak...

BenMax
November 4th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Rescue is out. They just filled their run as of this afternoon.

chico2
November 4th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Hubs and I can certainly drive from Oakville to Grimsby,the problem is I cannot drive with my cast and hubs is not keen on going any further than Oakville-Grimsby..:(

aslan
November 4th, 2010, 05:04 PM
you ladies are more than welcome to use my place as a drop off pick up place.Unfortunately with the shift G is on and her having to do physio i can't commit to driving since i don't know when she'll need the car. We can always put Heidi in the spareroom to await pick up.

Love4himies
November 4th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Sweet Pea is going for surgery on Monday :(. I won't be able to start out until after 8 PM and I have to be back before 4:30. I was hoping to get on the road before 7 :frustrated:

cpietra16
November 4th, 2010, 07:20 PM
wow...I missed a few legs of the trip.:D Will I be going to L4H this sunday? Heidi is skittish, but when I took her out of her crate she just became dead weight...however, since she has already been saved from death once, I don't want to try my luck again. I will donate a crate so that she is not moved during transporation.

Love4himies
November 4th, 2010, 07:36 PM
OK, I will pm you my phone number, cell number and address. It is the Exit that goes to the Interstate 81 you take off the 401, then left (West) on the 1000 island parkway

cpietra16
November 4th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Ok I got it...thanks. I hope not to get lost again....:)

Love4himies
November 4th, 2010, 08:00 PM
OK, I will pm you my phone number, cell number and address. It is the Exit that goes to the Interstate 81 you take off the 401, then left (West) on the 1000 island parkway

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, RIGHT on the 1000 island parkway, not left :o:o Sorry.

The exit is also called hwy 137.

cpietra16
November 4th, 2010, 08:04 PM
lol....right....got it....:D; don't worry I've got your number incase I get lost going left...lol

Winston
November 4th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Guys you still need to worry about getting Heidi from Chris to KR? I dont think I can do Monday...thats why I hoped the other rescue would have worked?

krdahmer
November 4th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Ok I am now thoroughly confused! :o So are we getting her all the way to Chico....then Chico & hubby to Gerri's? Cause I'm sure she can make a pit stop there (not to mention I'd love to dash out to Gerri's and see you and hubby again Anita!) I'd actually like it if Gerri could assess her a little bit before I brought her here (she is after all the kitty whisperer ;)).... I'm unclear as to whether we are missing any areas or not....

So far my understanding is cpeitra-----> L4H -----> ? -----> Chico-----> 14+ -----> me....right? :confused:

I'm on call monday so will know if I work by mid morning.

Winston
November 5th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Kr I have just confirmed that I cant do this on Monday. I left it too late and am unable to arrange it now??

So you are right I think there will be a missing link. You will still need someone to get Heidi from either Chris or L4H ?? and then I think if I am reading this right Chico will do Oakville to Grimsby.

Man I hope we can figure out someone at the other end??

Love4himies
November 5th, 2010, 02:59 PM
So we still need the me to chico then? You all know that if I ever meet chico, I am kidnapping her and not letting her go. Of course somebody can deliver Vinnie and Chico.

chico2
November 5th, 2010, 04:54 PM
awwww L4H,you might not think so,if you meet me:laughing:
That's an awfully long drive for you:shrug:
I was hoping some one in Toronto would offer to drive:fingerscr

Oh by the way,you can kidnap me,then when I leave I'll stick Jasper in my bag:laughing:

cpietra16
November 5th, 2010, 05:12 PM
If this weekend won;t work for anyone, I don;t mind keeping her for another week... I am working with her at night. Now I have her sleeping with me in my bed and she purred for the first time last night while she was next to me.
Of course the minute I move she's under the bed....oh well...with time.
She really can be adoptable. she is very sweet, and I wish I had a camera...:yell::yell:

Love4himies
November 5th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I think Chris was going to meet me, but I don't know where she is going to :shrug:.

cpietra16
November 5th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I think Chris was going to meet me, but I don't know where she is going to :shrug:.

me either...so are we going to cancel this weekend and try again later?

Chris21711
November 5th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Since this is still not really organized imo next week would be better, that way peeps have more time to make arrangements......

Me personally, I sorta depend on my g/f to do the driving across the city...I don't do the 401 at all.... I know she isn't going to be able to do Monday or Tuesday, something came up and she is driving a friend to her chemo treatment.

If Winston can arrange something now that she has more time to do so, maybe she could meet me west of the city and carry on to the next stopover.....

....or even better since Heidi doesn't travel well at all, maybe Cpietra will be able to find alternative accomdations for her in the Montreal area or through the rescue she works with.......just throwing that out there.

Love4himies
November 6th, 2010, 07:41 AM
I can't do it next weekend and I am not taking another vacation day as it is the busiest time of year for us. Surely there is somebody in TO that can meet me in TO to take her to the other side of TO.

This is not fair to cpietra. She took in Heidi thinking there was a home for her to go to. Poor cpietra is a single mother trying to juggle work, kids, her animals and I think school.

I did volunteer to take her to aslan's but Sweet Pea will be in surgery and I have to pick her up by 4PM. It is almost 3 hours for me to get to Pickering, so that is 6 hours return for me. I have to drop Sweet Pea off at 8. So if anybody can spare a couple of hours on Monday morning to meet me we can get this to work.

cpietra16
November 6th, 2010, 09:28 AM
L4H...I understand how last minute this was, and I will never throw her out now that I have Heidi in my home. I can probably have her for a few more weeks. Its just that I have no time to soicalize her and I don;t want to have her to become too anti-human.
I want this to be able to work for everyone. If there is a leg of this trip that is not manageble...I will wait until everyone can come on board...

14+kitties
November 6th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Hey Kel - if you don't get called to work Monday you want to do a drive? :shrug:

If it doesn't work out and cpietra is ok with keeping her for a while longer then yes, it is better if we have time to work it out. This way kr also has a chance to work on the person she is hoping will adopt Heidi. Either way the cat will be coming to me first so I can see how "tamable" she is. I would imagine from what cpietra is saying that she will be fine with work.

chico2
November 6th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I am just checking in to see what's been decided:cat:

14+kitties
November 6th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I'm still trying to get something working on this end. I have to go to work in a couple of hours though so am hoping to get things figured out quickly. :fingerscr I have not given up yet.

14+kitties
November 6th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Ok guys, we can still do this for Monday. All we need is SOMEONE in the area to meet L4H in Pickering and drive Heidi to aslans'. She is willing to keep her till kr and/or I can get there to get her. Anyone at all. Please. :pray:

chico2
November 6th, 2010, 03:26 PM
14+,it's really bothering me,but there is no way hubs will drive to Pickering:(

14+kitties
November 6th, 2010, 03:37 PM
14+,it's really bothering me,but there is no way hubs will drive to Pickering:(

I know chico. It's ok. Hopefully something will work out. I am leaving for work now. I'll be back after 10:30. Maybe someone will come on. Maybe kr will do the drive if I am with her for company. :fingerscr

Love4himies
November 6th, 2010, 03:40 PM
How far will he drive you, chico?

Aslan are you close to the 407?

Love4himies
November 6th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I can go farther than Pickering as long as there are no traffic jams on the 401.

shirley1011
November 6th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I wish I could help! My mother has an appointment with the Dr...and we have waited 3 weeks for the apt. which is at 10:45 !!!!
Dang....I feel so bad.

Aslan is not near the 407 at all...she is south west side of Toronto near the Gardner Expressway at 427.....where the traffic is crazy crazy!

chico2
November 6th, 2010, 03:52 PM
L4H,he is not home at the moment,I'll have to ask him,how he feels about driving to Aslan..
I think I still have a map in the car how to get to Aslan,I know I took the QEW.
He should be home soon.
The problem is the traffic on the OEW at rush-hour:yell:
I'll come back later...ok

shirley1011
November 6th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Chico...that area is just nuts at rush hour.....any hour is nuts...

chico2
November 6th, 2010, 04:05 PM
It's too bad we cannot do what we did last time,it will be too difficult for L4H to drive all the way to Aslan.
I am further west,but it's easy to find,my street has an exit on the QEW.
L4H,if it's easier,you can take 427 off 401 to QEW.straight to Oakville and my street,it's even further,but more straightforward.
Then I(Hubs) can drive straight to 14+in Grimsby
A little much to ask of L4H though..

Love4himies
November 6th, 2010, 04:32 PM
That's why I was thinking the 407 :shrug:. I can ask my parents to drop off Sweet Pea and see if DH will leave at 6:30 am. What time does rush hour start in the east end of TO and what time is it over? I'd like to time it for the end if possible :shrug:.

aslan
November 6th, 2010, 04:56 PM
ladies i really wish i could drive to meet love4 but as i explained to 14+ i will be working and Grace will have the car for doctors appointments. As it is if she is being brought to me whom ever will have to call my cellphone so i can run home from work to meet them at my house. At that point it would be no huge rush for 14+ or Kr or Chico to get to my place as we can just let her gather herself in our spare room.

chico2
November 6th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Aslan,I really think it would be easier for L4H,to go straight to Oakville,QEW is not bad going west.
Then going back home,she can go straight to 401 via Trafalgar road,much less traffic,less complicated.

Love4himies
November 6th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Aslan,I really think it would be easier for L4H,to go straight to Oakville,QEW is not bad going west.
Then going back home,she can go straight to 401 via Trafalgar road,much less traffic,less complicated.

But then I don't get to meet Qman and Bailey :(

And you know I will take Vinnie :lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruc k::cloud9::D

aslan
November 6th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Chico2 from where L4 is coming from she would have to take the 401,,,only way to get to the QEW would be either the don valley which is bad no matter what time of day or the 427 which is right where I am,for her to come to you is going to add another half hour onto her time and she has to be home at a certain time to pick sweetpea up from the vet after surgery.. I just got off the phone with her and we're working on it..

Ladies if no one can do it west of me on Monday but Tuesday would be better Heidi can spend the night here and just relax and de-stress.

aslan
November 6th, 2010, 06:40 PM
But then I don't get to meet Qman and Bailey :(

And you know I will take Vinnie :lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruc k::cloud9::D

yeah and that too....:D she did mention something about kidnapping too..

Love4himies
November 6th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Heidi is coming tomorrow :D

14+kitties
November 6th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Darn, had my fingers crossed that things would be figured out by the time I got home and settled. I guess now we can only hope that kr comes on and can do a leg on Monday with me. :fingerscr
L4 - I have your number so if we can figure out something late I can give you a quick shout. Other than that...........
:grouphug: for taking Heidi tomorrow. You are a great great lady!! All this and worrying about SP and her tooth too. Sending lots of :pray::goodvibes: that it goes well on Monday for her.

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Heidi is here, what a beautiful sweet kitty. Jasper wants to go in to meet her, so later on, I'll let him in for a quick visit. :lovestruck:

14+kitties
November 7th, 2010, 02:12 PM
That is wonderful news!! Now what is happening? I would still love to be able to arrange something quickly but it seems like it may not happen. At least not this week. I don't know where kr is but maybe I'll give her a shout later on.
Ummm, could we get some pics of the elusive gal? :pray:

cpietra16
November 7th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Well I just got home from L4H, safe and sound. I have to say of all the cats I have had to place and find fosters for, Heidi is the one that was the hardest to part with. I think I just wasn't ready to meet such a social cat. I was expecting an "unadoptable cat" but got a cat who slept on my bed..purred like the dickens and turned over for a tummy rub. Of course she would only do this at night when I was in bed, lights out, and she called all the shots...she was a sweetheart and sad to know someone did not want her...:(

As for Antonio...Thanks to L4H, he's high on pure 100% catnip...:D

chico2
November 7th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Aslan,is it possible for you to come here tuesday?
It would of course be best,if we could miss rush-hour monday,it would drive hubby up the wall:yell:
That is of course if L4H does not decide to come here.
Or we can come to your house Tuesday around 11am,after the rush-hour,but I'll need instructions again.

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Aslan,is it possible for you to come here tuesday?
It would of course be best,if we could miss rush-hour monday,it would drive hubby up the wall:yell:
That is of course if L4H does not decide to come here.
Or we can come to your house Tuesday around 11am,after the rush-hour,but I'll need instructions again.

Can you meet me at aslans on Monday at 11?

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 05:17 PM
So TO people since time is of the essence for me as I have to be back by 4 to pick up Sweet Pea, is it faster to go 407 to 427 rather than 401 to 427?

aslan
November 7th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Ok,,yes the 407 will be faster for you L4,,,i just got off the phone with Chico2 and she will meet you here around 11 am,so you get to meet her and my boys...:D

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Chico, please bring Vinnie and chico, Jasper needs a boy playmate and I understand Vinnie needs one too. You don't have to worry about missing them cause I am kidnapping you too :D Hopefully hubby knows how to cook for himself :p

And if I cry when I see you aslan and chico, don't laugh :o, I may get emotional.

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Have to go for a bit to be with Heidi. I put some fresh catnip by her but she hasn't touched it yet :(

Chris21711
November 7th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I feel cruddy that I can't help out tomorrow....:o. I'm sorry.

I couldn't touch base before as I've been having computer mouse problems.

I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable journey.

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Heidi growled at Jasper :eek:, he didn't know what to do, no girl has growled at him :(, I think he was going to cry :(:(.

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I feel cruddy that I can't help out tomorrow....:o. I'm sorry.

I couldn't touch base before as I've been having computer mouse problems.

I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable journey.

Thank you chris :grouphug:

Chris21711
November 7th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Heidi growled at Jasper :eek:, he didn't know what to do, no girl has growled at him :(, I think he was going to cry :(:(.

That's how Rebel gets when another dog growls at him.....he walks away looking really dejected :(

aslan
November 7th, 2010, 06:14 PM
And if I cry when I see you aslan and chico, don't laugh :o, I may get emotional.

now why would you cry meeting up with me you've met me,,now meeting the lovely chico i can understand how you would get overwhelmed with emotion she is a sweetie no matter what she says.

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 06:17 PM
now why would you cry meeting up with me you've met me,,now meeting the lovely chico i can understand how you would get overwhelmed with emotion she is a sweetie no matter what she says.

Cause I am weak :yell::yell::yell:, then I cry :cry: :laughing:

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 06:19 PM
That's how Rebel gets when another dog growls at him.....he walks away looking really dejected :(

Isn't that sad, everybody loves Jasper :shrug:. She is just scared I think.

I stopped going into the room to give her a break :o. What a sweet girl this kitty is. She is going to be a love bug :cloud9:, no feral in her.

aslan
November 7th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Cause I am weak :yell::yell::yell:, then I cry :cry: :laughing:

ummm i will not be held responsible for how G reacts to you crying. but i can guess the words bawlie mouth may be heard.

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 06:21 PM
ummm i will not be held responsible for how G reacts to you crying. but i can guess the words bawlie mouth may be heard.

:laughing::laughing:, Hubby will be agreeing with her :o

Chris21711
November 7th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Isn't that sad, everybody loves Jasper :shrug:. She is just scared I think.

Reb thinks that everyone loves him too, his feeling get really hurt, he walks away and keeps looking over his shoulder cos he can't believe it.

I stopped going into the room to give her a break :o. What a sweet girl this kitty is. She is going to be a love bug :cloud9:, no feral in her.

Let's hope the person that Kr knows gives her a chance :pray:

aslan
November 7th, 2010, 06:25 PM
:laughing::laughing:, Hubby will be agreeing with her :o

aaaaw this explains why we get along so well we're married to the same personalities..ooooh i can give you one of those little carrot cakes i was telling you about lastnight...:thumbs up

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Let's hope the person that Kr knows gives her a chance :pray:

I think once this person meets her, she will. She is very pretty. I can't believe this bioatch was going to have her put down :frustrated: and said she wasn't adoptable. :frustrated::frustrated:. I think Heidi will have to come to the person on her terms though and the new owner may have to be patient.

Any idea if this person has other cats?

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 06:28 PM
aaaaw this explains why we get along so well we're married to the same personalities..ooooh i can give you one of those little carrot cakes i was telling you about lastnight...:thumbs up

:D:D:D Starting to drool :lovestruck:

cpietra16
November 7th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I'm sorry that Heidi growled..but she is probably wondering why she is in a strange place once again...she took a week to get use to me and my bed...only to be snatched up again...:(it hurt me to see her in the car. She was with me in the front seat and kept grabbing my arm trying to get me to pet her. She only got quiet if I felt my hand there...crap...I feel so guilty giving her up like her other owner....She was just starting to trust me too, sleeping in my bed curled up to my leg or arm...trust. :(and I let her down too:yell:
She really needs someone that wants her and will not give up on her like I did:(

cpietra16
November 7th, 2010, 07:10 PM
hey wait...L4H...I don't remember any tears when you saw me????:cool:just kidding.

As for Heidi, she will be more than a lap cat once she has trust. Her beautiful green eyes have more love in them than any other cats I've seen come through my home...and that is why I found it hard to let her go, but I had to:(I had to do what was best for Heidi...:shrug:

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Absolutely, cpietra, she will be a wonderful kitty. I put some Almo by her bed (tuna), so hopefully she will come out to eat.

Why won't you leave me alone, lady?

Maybe if I look away she will leave

Crap, she is still there :frustrated:

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Whoopsie, don't look at the dust bunnies under the bed :o

cpietra16
November 7th, 2010, 07:51 PM
She is actually prettier than that...she does look rather ticked, doesn't she?:rolleyes:

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 08:08 PM
That was just after Jasper was wanting to meet her and she growled. She didn't move away from him though :shrug:, maybe she read the hurt feelings on his face :laughing:

Yes the pics don't do her justice. I am going check on her again.

Love4himies
November 7th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Well she loves her almo. She has eaten and now I am not such an evil person anymore :cloud9:. Trick is to put tuna on your hand :p

cpietra16
November 8th, 2010, 07:01 AM
I hope all goes well today L4H...have a good trip

Love4himies
November 8th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Thanks we will be leaving shortly.

Love4himies
November 8th, 2010, 07:13 AM
NO PROBLEM getting her into the carrier. Feral, my a$$ :wall: :loser:

She ate all her canned and some of her kibble. Used the litter box last night. DH thinks she is a very pretty kitty :lovestruck:

Awwww, all she wants is love, what a sweet kitty. She is meowing in the carrier :(

Well we are off.

Love4himies
November 8th, 2010, 07:18 AM
And she loves her NOW, grainfree treats. I will have some with me.

cpietra16
November 8th, 2010, 07:25 AM
back into the carrier:(....I fell so much for this cat...well give her all the love she deserves L4H...I will be thinking of you all.

chico2
November 8th, 2010, 07:53 AM
She is sweet,even if she looks miffed:lovestruck:
She will have a very stressful day,poor girl,but the end result will be good:pray:

14+I am not sure when we will be at your house,it will probably take an hour from Aslans house,maybe a little less,since hubby has a led-foot:laughing:

aslan
November 8th, 2010, 08:05 AM
14+I am not sure when we will be at your house,it will probably take an hour from Aslans house,maybe a little less,since hubby has a led-foot:laughing:

you say that like it's a bad thing...:D

14+kitties
November 8th, 2010, 08:07 AM

Thank you for calling me chico and letting me in on what's happening. :shrug: I will do the best I can to be home for around 1 or so.

aslan
November 8th, 2010, 08:21 AM
lol,,i was going to call you yesterday but hmmmm can't find your phone number anywhere..:shrug:

14+kitties
November 8th, 2010, 08:24 AM
lol,,i was going to call you yesterday but hmmmm can't find your phone number anywhere..:shrug:

You'd think her final destination, at least for a while, may be important huh? :p :p

aslan
November 8th, 2010, 11:53 AM
You'd think her final destination, at least for a while, may be important huh? :p :p

yeah yeah,,,ok Chico2 is on her way now to your place 14+,,mind you she almost left without the cat...She is a lovely kitty...back to work i go...

14+kitties
November 8th, 2010, 12:16 PM
:thumbs up Thanks. I am back home from picking up my other two new semi ferals so now can concentrate on Heidi's.

cpietra16
November 8th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Ok...nice to know she is still ok...let me know when she gets there...she really knows how to pull at your heart strings...well they all do, but Heidi was so misrepresented that my heart seems to have a soft spot for her...:lovestruck:

14+kitties
November 8th, 2010, 01:54 PM
She's here and exploring her new area. What a sweetheart!!! Should be no problem for kr to find a home for her. She's tiny!! I thought she was a lot bigger than she is. She's probably had some food because as soon as she saw it she was sniffing. 'Course after trying it she may decide she wants to go back to L4's for the gourmet cuisine. :D
Thanks for all the food :eek: and the carrier. It will be passed on to whoever adopts Heidi. :thumbs up
And L4 - thank you very much for all the cat food for Benni. I will try her with some tonight.
Great job everyone. :grouphug::grouphug::thumbs up

aslan
November 8th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I have to say i totally agree she isn't feral at all,,i went into the room with her and sat down and she immediately started rubbing her face on my fingers and she was quite calm with L4 and Chico2 in the room and she was well aware there were two puppers in the house..lol,,G wouldn't look at her until right as she was leaving..

14+kitties
November 8th, 2010, 02:52 PM
She's settling nicely. Doesn't seem too freaked out by other kitties either. It's amazing the life she led, being outside so much, that she is so healthy feeling. No mats, nice and soft, no sign of fighting/scars, perfect. :cloud9: And loves to snuggle.

14+kitties
November 8th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Yep, she's feral. :rolleyes:

cpietra16
November 8th, 2010, 03:12 PM
great to see she's finally arrived. I'm glad you all think the same thing I do...she is far from the cat that was decribed to me. She is friendly and sweet and very pretty.
When you have time. please post pics....pleeeassseeee:pray:

Love4himies
November 8th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I am home.

What a feral, eh 14+ :rolleyes:. Bet it's going to years to handle this one :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Chico, did she ask for your fingers while you were driving :cloud9:. I had to keep my hands in the cage, she rolled over so I could scratch her chin :cloud9:, she is a sweetie.

14+kitties
November 8th, 2010, 04:01 PM
I would think if she wanted to be she could give attitude. She looks like a dilute tortie by her colours. But she hasn't shown much today for sure. What a trooper with all the moving from one place to another.

Oh yeah L4 - thanks for the hammock. :laughing: :thumbs up

Love4himies
November 8th, 2010, 04:46 PM
She did growl at Jasper :eek:, but I think when she settles in she will be a lap cat. She is starving for human attention.

chico2
November 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I would say,if she is feral,my cats are more so:frustrated:
She was such a good girl in the car,I gave her some treats and my fingers,soon her eyes started closing and she fell asleep.:cloud9:
Both hubby and I fell in love with her,I hope Dahmers friend will take her,if she will make a good kitty-mom,she will get a wonderful little cat:cat:

Love4himies
November 8th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I don't think she will have an issue with other cats as long as they left her be. Even though she did growl at Jasper, it wasn't serious and she just didn't move. Jasper knew to back off (and cry )

chico2
November 8th, 2010, 04:57 PM
OH and L4H, it was great meeting you and hubs,you were just what I expected,a wonderful person:grouphug:
Hopefully Sweet-Pea got her tooth fixed:pray:

cpietra16
November 8th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I concur...L4H and her hubby are very hospitable...very nice people. By the way L4H..your parents were wonderful as well.

Chico...did you say your hubby and you fell in love with her....Heidi that is; because she would make a great companion....you know:rolleyes:

Love4himies
November 8th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Thank you.

I tried to convince Mr Pool Boy to take Heidi :(, he didn't go for it :frustrated:

He is quite the hottie :lovestruck:, chico, hope you don't let him out alone :pray:

chico2
November 8th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah,I know,but we have 2 great companions:laughing:one who does not like any other cats,only his mom and dad.
We almost broke down,but it would have been an impulse decision,one we might regret,we are to old for impulses:laughing:
I am not worried about Heidi,either way,she'll be fine.

Love4himies
November 8th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Chico didn't bring Vinnie and chico, so I didn't have the heart to kidnap her :(. She would have missed her boys too much :(

chico2
November 8th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Mr Pool-Boy,was almost convinced,but only almost...and he is quiet the homebody and doesn't really go anywhere without his wifey of 45+yrs:laughing:

breeze
November 8th, 2010, 05:49 PM
,we are to old for impulses:laughing:

never!!!!

cpietra16
November 8th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Chico, I've never met you or your hottie pool boy, but I remember what you look like so I can just imagine your poolboy must be just as gorgeous...

Heidi will do well. I actually called the lady within a few days of getting her and told her that her cat was sleeping on my bed...she reacted like she was surprised and pretty much told me that Heidi was never seen during the day and she was very antisocial.
In the 3 years she had her she could pretty much cound on one hand how many times she handled her...very sad actually, because she would have been such a sucky cat; and may still be with love and attention.
thanks for the pic 14+

aslan
November 8th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Thank you.

I tried to convince Mr Pool Boy to take Heidi :(, he didn't go for it :frustrated:

He is quite the hottie :lovestruck:, chico, hope you don't let him out alone :pray:

I will vouche for L4 working on pool boy..lol told you he was a cutie...notice he was kinda shy until he realized super newf was sitting in the chair...

Ok L4 i have to tell them,,,rotfl,,I was showing L4 around and Grace was in the kitchen blah blah at me,,,L4 leans over and says " she's got a newfie accent",,i whispered back,,," that's cause she's a newfie"...L4 you should feel special she not only spoke to you but she stayed in the same room the entire time,,she's usually pretty shy around new people.

14+kitties
November 8th, 2010, 06:05 PM
So Heidi is three years old then? Good to know. When I went out to feed them and check on all of them before it got dark she was cuddled up in between a blanket and a catmat sound asleep. She didn't move. :cloud9: The catmat is supposed to retain heat for the cat.
I think she is going to settle just fine. I picked her up about 10 times today with no problem. Well, she growled once but that's because Tinker got too close to her enclosure. :D I will get more pics tomorrow hopefully.
Do you happen to know what shots she's had CP? And when she got fixed. All of this will help to get her adopted.

Now to work on the other two. The orange kitty let me pet him a bit but Venus won't let me near her!

cpietra16
November 8th, 2010, 06:36 PM
14+ I will get all that info to you asap. She was adopted three years ago at which time she was spayed. As far as the shots I will call the previous owners to make sure I get it right. I will PM you.

cpietra16
November 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Amazing, I called the lady and before I picked up her cat, the minute I said it was me, she got all happy. I just called her now to get some info and she said...who? who are you?....are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!:eek:
I said I was the lady who saved Heidi from meeting her maker...duh.
Anyway, she said that Heidi had all her boosters 1 1/2 ago. At Steri Animal we give the most common ones. I will PM you again with the list.
Heidi was born probably in approx. June 2007. She got her in october 2007 and was spayed when she was 6 months old.

14+kitties
November 8th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks CP! Even that much info helps. :thumbs up We'll go with that and see what happens. :fingerscr

chico2
November 9th, 2010, 08:50 AM
14+,I am glad Heidi is ok,I was thinking of her all night..
With only her basic shots as a baby,she'll probably need some more,right.

It's a wonder she looks as good as she does,with that moronic owner,maybe someone else was looking after her,thinking she was a stray:shrug:

Winston
November 9th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Awe you guys are awesome! So glad to hear that the trip went off with success. Heidi certainly is a pretty girl.

:thumbs up gang...you all rock....another life saved!!:thumbs up

BenMax
November 9th, 2010, 11:02 AM
:thumbs up Excellent news. You gals are amazing.:)

14+kitties
November 9th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Heidi really is a Hidey. :laughing: When I went to feed the kitties today she was in her little house - hiding. But as soon as I lifted the lid she came right out and over for scratches. She is soooo far from being a feral it's laughable. :frustrated: She ate all of her canned food last night and was ready for more this morning. Does not seem to like dry much which is fine by me. She used the litter box a few times. It's all good.
Now we just need kr........

Love4himies
November 9th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Heidi really is a Hidey. :laughing: When I went to feed the kitties today she was in her little house - hiding. But as soon as I lifted the lid she came right out and over for scratches. She is soooo far from being a feral it's laughable. :frustrated: She ate all of her canned food last night and was ready for more this morning. Does not seem to like dry much which is fine by me. She used the litter box a few times. It's all good.
Now we just need kr........

She did prefer the canned to her dry too when she was with me.

krdahmer
November 9th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Ok so I ended up workin open to close all weekend and got called in for a long shift again yesturday and I'm about to leave for work again today! (we need the money....so I won't complain) I got home late last night and just passed out on the couch, so this is the first I've been near the computer in 3 days... so Heidi is at your place then Gerri? awesome....I've got my appt in hamilton on thursday mornin so if you'll be around in the afternoon I can stop by. The girl I thought might take her is now not someone I would let take her, (she's too wishy washy about the whole thing) so I'm gonna see if maybe my friend who took Blue might want a companion for him (or one of the ladies she works with at her other job)....and put some feelers out at work....if you can send me a good shot of her (or post one on facebook) I'll get it on my profile so everyone sees her and her story.

again....as always....you are all kitty :angel2: I'm going to do my very best to find her a great home! :goodvibes::pray:

rainbow
November 9th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Another amazing story of how all of you worked together again. :thumbs up :angel: :grouphug:

Heidi is so pretty :lovestruck: ......hope she finds her forever home soon. :goodvibes:

chico2
November 9th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Heidi is actually much prettier in person,a tiny little girl,she might be just like me, not photogenic:cat:
I watcht her heartshaped little face,when she fell asleep in the car,so sweet after hours in cars.
My guys would have been howling until they had no voice left:laughing:

14+kitties
November 9th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I've got my appt in hamilton on thursday mornin so if you'll be around in the afternoon I can stop by. The girl I thought might take her is now not someone I would let take her, (she's too wishy washy about the whole thing) so I'm gonna see if maybe my friend who took Blue might want a companion for him (or one of the ladies she works with at her other job)....and put some feelers out at work....if you can send me a good shot of her (or post one on facebook) I'll get it on my profile so everyone sees her and her story.

I work till 2 on Thurs. Will be home around 2:15 and will be heading over to feed the gang at that time. I have to go in early in the morning so they will be hungry by the time I'm home. You are welcome to join me in the feeding frenzy. :D

I had actually thought about your friend and how Blue would get along with a tiny girl. She is pretty shy. If M would have the patience to work with her though she would be a marvelous house kitty. I'm just not wanting Heidi to go to a place and then have to be returned. She's had enough disappointments in her life. She is such an angel. I have been holding her today and she doesn't fight to get away. I have a few pics I'm resizing and will post shortly.

14+kitties
November 9th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Miss Heidi - hiding. Love that "look" she's shooting me in the last pic. Not impressed with me disturbing her. :laughing:
I have to fix my camera settings. The least little movement and I get double exposures or the pics just don't come out. :frustrated:

14+kitties
November 9th, 2010, 05:14 PM
These ones show off her gorgeous face much better. :cloud9:

14+kitties
November 11th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Just a quick update from my observances the last couple of days. I haven't had a lot of time to spend with Heidi what with work and having to take other kitties to the vet with URIs. But when I do get to spend a few minutes with her she is marvelous. :cloud9:
This is what I have written on kr's FB as well. Hopefully she will find a new home soon where she can live out her life in peace. I'm praying she can be an indoor only kitty. She deserves to live her life with no more stress.
She will need a new person who is very patient with her. She is extremely shy but loves to be petted and loved. She does not like more than one or two people at a time around her. She does live up to her name and hide a lot but comes out as soon as you call her. I'm sure with patience and love she will be an amazing cat.
When kr and her mom were here today I took Heidi out of her enclosure so kr could see her better and hold her. Heidi panicked a little and tried to get away from kr. It wasn't kr. It was Heidi not liking to be away from an area she has become familiar with. As soon as she got back into her little house she settled right down. :thumbs up She is a pretty special little girl. CP - I am so happy you convinced her old owner to let her live. :grouphug:

chico2
November 12th, 2010, 09:57 AM
All I can say is,awwwww,sweet Heidi and :fingerscrthat someone known to KR(to be sure she gets a good home)will fall in love with her,the same way we did:cat:

krdahmer
November 12th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Oh she is a darling little kitty....she'll be an easy sell (I hope!):lovestruck::cloud9:

rainbow
November 12th, 2010, 02:43 PM
What a pretty girl Heidi is :lovestruck: ....such soft colouring. :cloud9:

Someone is going to be very lucky to have such a sweet girl ......hope she finds her forever home soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

cpietra16
November 12th, 2010, 09:33 PM
It is so nice to see her happy and comfy in her "temp. Home"...She really does deserve a home she can call her own and she really shoudl be an indoor kitty:cloud9:
Thanks 14+ for the update:thumbs up