Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

can someone recomend a good dog vet?

3265christine
November 2nd, 2010, 03:15 PM
Hi
Can someone recommend a good vet for my two dogs in the woodbridge area?
I have one but looking for someone you can trust to give the best advice.
i need to get one tested for hip displaysia. two puppys form my dogs litter has it. So I would liek to get him looked at
thanks

Winston
November 2nd, 2010, 04:10 PM
Why not google vets in woodbridge and see what you get? or ask friends and family?

You may want to have a quick peak at this link so you can get a feel for the board!

http://www.pets.ca/forum/announcement.php?f=9&a=12

Good Luck

Melinda
November 2nd, 2010, 04:16 PM
I really wish I knew the name of a vet for you, a real good vet will probably suggest you not breed the momma anymore, hip dysplaysia is at times a hereditary problem, my labX was tested for it by our animal hospital here, 5 other pups in her mixed litter also had it, the rescue had them all spayed before adoption. good luck finding a vet *S*

luckypenny
November 2nd, 2010, 04:20 PM
I think the op means one of her dogs came from a litter where two other pups have hip dysplasia ;).

Christine, maybe if you called your vet and asked what exactly they do to test for and confirm hip dysplasia. They can give you the details and price ahead of time and then you can call around and compare?

Melinda
November 2nd, 2010, 04:36 PM
my apologies then if I misread it.

Winston
November 2nd, 2010, 04:46 PM
I dont personally know of a vet in Woodbridge or I would have mentioned one ...I also didnt want the OP to get any unwanted repsonses.

I like Lp's idea? that would give you a ball park on price and whats involved?

I gather though your looking for some personal experiences of a good vet right?

BenMax
November 2nd, 2010, 04:57 PM
What breed is the pup. Based on your answer, I will see if there are rescues that have vet reference in this area.

Masha
November 2nd, 2010, 05:14 PM
I don't have any recommendatiosn for woodbridge but I can give you a recommendation for Yonge and Steeles area in Thornhill, which is not too far off from woodbridge. The clinic has 3 vets but I like 2 specific ones in there so if you are interested, let me know and I will PM you.

jack&junior
November 3rd, 2010, 05:32 AM
you can go to nearest hosp or consult any doctor if they can suggest you any good vet in your area .

3265christine
November 3rd, 2010, 01:23 PM
I have a 7mth Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog,
And yes just looking for some advice to where I can bring him to get proper care
Thanks so much

Masha
November 3rd, 2010, 02:17 PM
Check this site. it has user ratings and comments on many vets. I found all of mine here:

http://www.vetratingz.com/