Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog needs to be put to sleep!

Timber
November 1st, 2010, 10:56 AM
:(My Maggie has a mass in her chest ,they say its been growing along time and now its to late to do anything about it , she has been on meds to keep her comforatable but now its time to let her go but we would like to donate her body to vetrinary science, so we are trying to find more information on this can anyone help? maggie thanks you and her people pets! Timber

pbpatti
November 1st, 2010, 11:01 AM
I am sorry that you have to say goodbye to Maggie. Know that she will be looking over you from the bridge when she arrives there.:angel2::pray:

I do not have any info regarding donating her body, you will need to talk to her vet for that information. patti

BenMax
November 1st, 2010, 11:34 AM
So sorry that you are losing your loved one.:(. Strength to you in this difficult time.

Did the vets ask for the dog's body? If the body will benefit other dogs in the future and you are comfortable with that, then please discuss with the vet. If however it provides them with no medical value, then don't do it as the dog may be used simply as a training tool for students.

I would start off by talking to the vet to get his/her opinion. Ask them if this was their dog, would they do this. You will know what to do based on their answer.

rainbow
November 1st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Welcome to pets.ca, Timber, but sorry to hear about Maggie. :grouphug:

I agree with patti and benmax .....talking this over with your vet with be best. As BenMax said, if you just go ahead on your own and find a place then your girl could end up just as a training tool for vet students. :(

marko
November 1st, 2010, 03:34 PM
I too am so sorry to hear this :sorry: