Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi there!

Bisqueet
October 31st, 2010, 09:03 AM
I've been browsing this site for a while now and finally decided to join in!

I have one husband, a 12 1/2yr old daughter, an 8yr old son and a 5 1/2mth old pup named Biscuit. She is half golden retriever, half mini poodle - a Mini Goldendoodle as they have a name for every dog now. :) We also recently lost our cat Meow-Meow that adopted us almost ten years ago. She had a cancerous tumor in her mouth :( and we miss her very much. After our last goodbye to Meow I didn't know what to do so my daughter and I went to the Humane Society and made a donation in her name. They were kind enough to let us visit with a cat there and I told my girl that's where we'll go when Biscuit's a little older and we're ready for a new kitty.

Biscuit has a couple of minor personality issues; mainly separation anxiety and possessiveness. We're hoping with time and patience she'll get over these. We attended an eight week reward based puppy training course and it has helped. In general she is a happy go lucky pup with a lot of energy and she loves every human and canine she meets. She also loves to dig which is a bit of a problem, but we're going to make her a digging area next spring. Another favourite is fighting and defeating the hose demon - she knows she's won once again as soon as the water is turned off.

She does have dietary issues and after trying a number of foods she is now on a raw diet. A few mouthfuls of kibble is enough to give Biscuit the runs as we found out last week when she had a playdate with another puppy. Most vets do not agree with raw diets, but we've managed to find a good one with a nice personality who is more accepting, if not totally in agreement.

True story: At Biscuit's first wellness check the vet we saw (a French man with a heavy accent) examined her and then announced "The testicles have not descended". My husband then pointed out the fact that Biscuit is female. The vet was flustered and said "Ah Bisqueet, Bisqueet, I thought that was a boy name". He went on to try and sell us on a six month deworming program and went into detail on how worms are passed through the mother and blah, blah, blah. I told him that we did indeed bring in a stool sample to be checked for said worms and we would consider deworming if they were present (they weren't). Needless to say we found another vet.

I look forward to posting and getting to know you all!

luckypenny
October 31st, 2010, 11:05 AM
Welcome to the forum, Bisqueet :).

Can't wait to see pics of your furbabies :goodvibes:.

marko
October 31st, 2010, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the forum Bisqueet, hope you enjoy your stay :)

hazelrunpack
October 31st, 2010, 09:14 PM
Welcome to the board, Bisqueet!! I think I would have moved on to a new vet, too! :o The testicles haven't descended, eh? :laughing: Good call! :D

Looking forward to seeing pics of your crew!

Acton
November 3rd, 2010, 03:58 AM
Hi GUys ......Welcome to all members.Glad to meet you .
Have a Good Day !

aws1
November 3rd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Welcome to the forum enjoy Good call on the vet change.:thumbs up