Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on Mr Miyagi

Loki Love
October 30th, 2010, 08:50 AM
It's been a week today since we had to take our ginger monster to the vet due his extreme constipation and I'm happy to report that he seems to be doing well right now.

I'm still quite paranoid that he may not be having normal bowel movements, even though litter boxes look fine and we know he is definitely contributing! We go back to see the vet the beginning of December and it will probably only be then that I'll have real peace of mind.

In the meantime, he's back to his usual 4am antics and being a general pain in the ass, but we wouldn't have it any other way :lovestruck:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/tiglair/39374b30.jpg

Love4himies
October 30th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Thank you for the update and glad to hear all is well. I was thinking of him this morning and wondering how he was doing. :goodvibes:

Winston
October 30th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Good news! thanks for the update!

Look at the size of those paws!! How much does he weigh? :D

Koteburo
October 30th, 2010, 10:36 AM
What a happy update Mr Miyagi can keep fighting against the Cobra Kai Dojo! Go go neko chan :thumbs up Keep doing just as good.

Loki Love
October 30th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Look at the size of those paws!! How much does he weigh? :D

The camera angle is deceiving! He's only about 12 lbs :)

pbpatti
October 30th, 2010, 11:31 AM
It is so good to have a positive update on Mr Myagi. glad to hear he is up to his nocturnal antics again. patti

luckypenny
October 30th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Wonderful update, Loki Love! Hope Mr. Miyagi continues to do well :goodvibes:. What a cutie-pie :lovestruck:.

Chris21711
October 30th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the update Loki Love....I was wondering :o

Myka
October 30th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Great news about Mr Miyagi! What diet did you decide on? Do you think it is helping? I guess it is a bit early to determine, but I'm still interested to hear what you think.

Are you just worried about him not having normal bowel movements because you're paranoid, or because he is showing some sign(s)?

Loki Love
October 30th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Great news about Mr Miyagi! What diet did you decide on? Do you think it is helping? I guess it is a bit early to determine, but I'm still interested to hear what you think.

Are you just worried about him not having normal bowel movements because you're paranoid, or because he is showing some sign(s)?

We are sticking with Duck and Green Pea formula from Natural Balance, canned only. I don't think it's IBD, but no harm in going with a novel protein anyway.

In general, I'm just a paranoid person. All signs point to him having normal bowel movements, but at the same time - it got so bad last time and we didn't really pick up on any signs until it was *really* bad. I'm worried it will get that way again. Because we have two cats, it's a bit trickier trying to keep track of who is doing what and if all looks normal.

Myka
October 30th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Ah, excellent. I was worried you had seen some signs of constipation or something!

rainbow
October 30th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Great update for handsome Mr Miyagi :highfive:

Hope it was just a one time episode for him. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Chris21711
October 31st, 2010, 01:12 PM
We are sticking with Duck and Green Pea formula from Natural Balance, canned only. I don't think it's IBD, but no harm in going with a novel protein anyway.

In general, I'm just a paranoid person. All signs point to him having normal bowel movements, but at the same time - it got so bad last time and we didn't really pick up on any signs until it was *really* bad. I'm worried it will get that way again. Because we have two cats, it's a bit trickier trying to keep track of who is doing what and if all looks normal.

Loki Love....when Herbie is feeling uncomfortable, he doesn't go up the stairs with as much bounce, he seems to walk slower than normal...maybe you could see signs in Mr. Miyagi :shrug:

chico2
October 31st, 2010, 05:17 PM
this is the first time i read about mr miyagi,i am so happy he's ok, he is a real beauty:lovestruck:

Loki Love
October 31st, 2010, 05:29 PM
Loki Love....when Herbie is feeling uncomfortable, he doesn't go up the stairs with as much bounce, he seems to walk slower than normal...maybe you could see signs in Mr. Miyagi :shrug:

I'll definitely watch for those signs -thanks for the tip!

hazelrunpack
October 31st, 2010, 10:30 PM
Glad to hear he's feeling better and you've found a food that seems to agree with him! :goodvibes: He sure is a handsome dude! :flirt:

growler~GateKeeper
November 2nd, 2010, 04:34 AM
Good to hear he's doing better :fingerscr it was just a one off.