Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Butter Head

luckypenny
October 29th, 2010, 11:39 PM
After dinner, Penny sits at the table as usual as I clean up. This evening, I notice her eyeballing the butter dish and tell her to "leave it" as I left the room thinking it would only be momentarily. I got distracted and didn't come back until about 15 minutes later....and Penny was still sitting there staring at the butter :D. Not even a lick in :thumbs up, but a placemat full of drool :laughing:.

I don't know if that makes her a butter head from a dog's perspective for not taking the opportunity or just a good girl for listening to mom :cloud9:.

pbpatti
October 29th, 2010, 11:46 PM
What a good girl for not touching the butter. Sasha would have soaked the placemat with drool also. Did Penny get a good treat for being so perfect? patti

TeriM
October 29th, 2010, 11:48 PM
What a good girl :lovestruck:.

and did I mention a very pretty girl too :cloud9:.

luckypenny
October 29th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Did Penny get a good treat for being so perfect?

She did...some leftover pasta....with a dab of butter of course :D.

Penny thanks you for the compliment Teri....but she'd rather a cookie or something :D.

TeriM
October 30th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Penny thanks you for the compliment Teri....but she'd rather a cookie or something :D.

Okay then, tell her to check the mail in about a week :D.

oh wait ..... with procrastination maybe sometime in the next year :o.

luckypenny
October 30th, 2010, 12:09 AM
I can empathize :laughing:.

Goldfields
October 30th, 2010, 03:32 AM
I am amazed. A big dog like that could have done it easily, so bravo, Penny. Good dog! :) Ian left Shady(sheltie) in the room with a pound of butter on the table and when I came in she was on the floor, all innocence, but the butter had lots of long teeth marks. ROTFL. I felt I couldn't criticise her when my mother often mentioned me doing a butter raid myself when I was a young child.

Kodie's Mom
October 30th, 2010, 11:05 PM
How cute Penny sitting in the chair like and so good to listen to Mom, she really has as a sweet face, she is so so black.

14+kitties
October 30th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Penny :cloud9:

Tundra_Queen
October 31st, 2010, 04:47 AM
awwww Penny,,,what a good girl u are!! :grouphug:

LP..I didn't know Penny sits on the chair every day! :laughing: That is so cute.

cpietra16
October 31st, 2010, 08:52 AM
Good Girl Penny...:angel:

diandpat
October 31st, 2010, 09:20 AM
I can honestly say that there is not one of them in this house that would have left the butter alone...GOOD GIRL PENNY!!!!! :thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up

ancientgirl
October 31st, 2010, 02:37 PM
What a good girl! Maybe she can come down here and teach Vlad how to stay away from the butter. :laughing:

chico2
October 31st, 2010, 05:09 PM
aww penny what a beautiful good girl you are,my vinnie who also always sits at the table with us,would have had a party:laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 31st, 2010, 10:22 PM
She's such an exceptional girl, LP! Good job, Penny!!! :thumbs up

rainbow
November 1st, 2010, 03:00 AM
I don't know if that makes her a butter head from a dog's perspective for not taking the opportunity or just a good girl for listening to mom :cloud9:.

I vote for the good girl :angel: .....there's not too many dogs that would sit there for 15 minutes without touching it. :thumbs up