Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help found a puppy

pbpatti
October 28th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Hi, well Sasha and me found a little lost doggie and he is a cutie pie. He still has his baby teeth so not too old. He knows sit and no and has no collar...how/where do I post that I found him so he can go back home again? patti

Love4himies
October 28th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Ummmm, you don't post it, you just keep the puppy :D :laughing:

Just kidding. There is a lost and found toward the bottom of the listing of all the forums:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7
:eek: Tell us more details. What would a tiny puppy be doing out by itself?

pbpatti
October 28th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Ummmm, you don't post it, you just keep the puppy :D :laughing:

Just kidding. There is a lost and found toward the bottom of the listing of all the forums:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7
:eek: Tell us more details. What would a tiny puppy be doing out by itself?
He is such a little sweetie I almost could keep him:cloud9:. I think his home is really close by me but I have no clue as to whom he belongs to. He was not that tired so gave me the idea he has not travelled far. He still has his puppy teeth, don't see any testicles so they either have not dropped or have been clipped off:o. He also has a bit of an attitude... patti

the gang
October 28th, 2010, 09:11 PM
take a picture and make some posters ask your neighbours, also call local vets in the area and maby the pound too, good luck brenda and the pins

hazelrunpack
October 28th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Did you find his home, patti? :fingerscr If not, where are those pics :p

Dog Dancer
October 28th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Thanks for rescuing him for now anyhow. If you list him as found or put out posters please make sure you withhold something that will identify him so that you know for sure it's his owners.

pbpatti
October 29th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Hi, little guy is still with me. Yes I did keep some info back on his markings. Sorry no pics yet maybe tomorrow. Sooo, do I let the little devil sleep with me and Sasha or try to lock him in a small open area and listen to him cry? patti

Dog Dancer
October 29th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Well DUH! Of course you let him sleep with you. I guess you don't have a used crate or anything you could put in your room. Is he too big to jump out of a laundry basket? Have a good night sleep... And bless you.

Love4himies
October 29th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Did you let the puppy sleep with you :pray:? Wee babies need to have cuddles :cloud9:

Mirela
October 29th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Could you take him to your vet to scan for a microchip?

pbpatti
October 29th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Good morning all, well little guy did very well sleeping in the back entrance all by himself. He cried and fussed for maybe 3 or 5 minutes then went to sleep and slept all night.....yay. now for a couple of pictures of this sweety.

I called the city and they are going to pick him up awww. I walked around the neighborhood and talked to a couple of people no one knew him. I think that I will ask for them to contact me back if his owners are not found.

Marty11
October 29th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Can't u keep him till owners are found. He would be more comfortable in your surroundings. He is adorable.:cloud9:

pbpatti
October 29th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I would have liked to however, the city said they have to take him (now that I called) and said that they will have a better chance of finding his family. Maybe when they come I can say he ran away!!!:lightbulb: patti

Chris21711
October 29th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I would have liked to however, the city said they have to take him (now that I called) and said that they will have a better chance of finding his family. Maybe when they come I can say he ran away!!!:lightbulb: patti

He's a real cutie Patti :cloud9:

When Jack showed up at our place last year, I called AC and they sent an officer over and looked at him, but I kept him here and checked with them daily to see if anyone was looking for him.......Luckily for us nobody was :cloud9:

Love4himies
October 29th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Awwww, what a cuite pie :cloud9:.

Melinda
October 29th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I did the same thing with Whisper also, called the society, they brought me a crate in case she used it, a scanner and flea treatment, but left her with me. they also offered food if I needed it. Maybe they will leave the pup with you if you ask? He is such a cutie, I'd be tempted to keep him *S*

Love4himies
October 29th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Maybe when they come I can say he ran away!!!:lightbulb: patti

Now that's thinking :thumbs up :laughing:

pbpatti
October 29th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Please do not think poorly of me but the little guy is now in the hands of the Edm Humane Society:). A young fellow just picked him up and will take him accross town. We have a brand new home for these lost and found souls so his temporary home will be nice:dog:. If his family is not found I will have first opportunity to adopt him. patti

Love4himies
October 29th, 2010, 02:33 PM
You have to make an effort to find his home, somebody maybe looking for him and the first place they check is the HS. :grouphug:

Were you sad to see the little tyke go? :grouphug:

Sylvie
October 29th, 2010, 02:37 PM
OMG he is a cutie :lovestruck:

Hopefully his owners connect with him. If not what better home than with you two. :thumbs up

aslan
October 29th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Patti he is just too cute,,,i can see why you'd want to be first to get him..Hopefully someone is looking for him(unless you really want him)...

Melinda
October 29th, 2010, 02:44 PM
oh I don't feel bad towards you at all, you did a wonderful thing taking him in like you did, quite a few would have looked the other way!!

mastifflover
October 29th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Why would anyone possibly think badly of you? Duh you are an angel for making sure he had somewhere safe to go with the hopes of his family finding him if not he was meant to be with you. If I had to look at that cute face I would get too attached to make a real effort to find his family...

pbpatti
October 29th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Thank you for making feel better, I am missing the little guy already:cloud9: he is really really smart. whoever his family is they spent lots of time training him so hopefully they get reunited again. Sasha went looking for him wondering what happened. I hope he gets home again if not he would be most welcome here with us two. :goodvibes::fingerscr for little guy finding hiw mom and dad :lovestruck: patti

2sheltiesmom
October 29th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I wish I had seen this yesterday because I know someone who is missing their stolen 9 year old Boston Terrier in Nelson, B.C.
I'm going to see if she is interested in this little sweetie, if you're not going to go get him.

Sylvie
October 29th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Why should you feel bad, he is a puppy, they are the first to go at a Society. So either way he will end up with a good home.

Thank you for looking after him. :thumbs up

pbpatti
October 29th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I feel bad because this little guy is being transported from my place across town in a little cage in a truck :(then he will be in a cage all by himself and he will be so lonely :( this makes me sad. What makes it a good thing though is that he will be united with his family, hopefully. If they do not come for him I will be contacted arpound the 10 - 15th of November. I will call HS on Monday to see if he got home again.

Love4himies
October 29th, 2010, 06:25 PM
I know it is very sad, but he is safe, he's not running the streets, freezing and starving dodging the traffic :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
October 29th, 2010, 09:37 PM
There's nothing like a good backup plan! The little guy doesn't know how lucky he is--if he can't find his people, there's an excellent new mom and sister waiting in the wings for him! :D I hope it all turns out the best way possible :goodvibes:

TeriM
October 29th, 2010, 10:17 PM
What a cutie :lovestruck:. It was very good of you to make sure he was looked after :thumbs up.

Dog Dancer
October 30th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I'd be staying in touch with them also to make sure they know how serious you are about wanting to have him. It would be nice if he found home again, but it would be nicer if you got to keep him :D

Chris21711
October 30th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I'd be staying in touch with them also to make sure they know how serious you are about wanting to have him. It would be nice if he found home again, but it would be nicer if you got to keep him :D

I'm with DD on this Patti if you are serious about adopting him if his owners are not found, by keeping in touch with the shelter they will keep you in mind.

rainbow
October 31st, 2010, 12:10 AM

I'm with DD on this Patti if you are serious about adopting him if his owners are not found, by keeping in touch with the shelter they will keep you in mind.

I'm the third one to agree with that. :thumbs up

He sure is adorable. :lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
October 31st, 2010, 04:42 AM
Thank you for making feel better, I am missing the little guy already:cloud9: he is really really smart. whoever his family is they spent lots of time training him so hopefully they get reunited again. Sasha went looking for him wondering what happened. I hope he gets home again if not he would be most welcome here with us two. :goodvibes::fingerscr for little guy finding hiw mom and dad :lovestruck: patti

Yep, I agree, I would be keeping in contact wit the HS just in case the person who picedk him up didn't tell the folks at the office u were interested in him if they couldn't find the owners. They might not have the same office staff working every day too,,,so if you want to adopt him it's best to phone. If it was me I'd be calling every day...but that's me. :D

pbpatti
October 31st, 2010, 05:06 PM
I am going to the HS tomorrow to see if the little guy is still there. I sure hope not...but another side of me hopes that maybe he is just to see him again. So, if he is there I will take a couple of pictures for my memory box.

I don't think that I can bring him into my home at this time, I have to think of Sasha's comfort first and a puppy is not her favorite kinda friend. If an adult dog came into our lives it might be a different story.

:pray:that his family came for him.:angel2: patti

pbpatti
November 1st, 2010, 05:26 PM
I went to the HS this aafternoon and the little guy was gone:(, I am thankful that his Mom and Dad must have come for him. I spent a couple of hours there visiting with the the puppies and kitties and will post a couple of photos later. patti