Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Winter Woofstock - Toronto, Ontario - Nov 27th and 28th, 2010

Chris21711
October 27th, 2010, 09:26 AM
This might be a fun thing to do before Winter sets in.

http://www.winterwoofstock.com/whatiswoofstock.htm

Sylvie
October 27th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Maybe we could have a meet up at Woofstock. Love to see you again Chris.

Chris21711
October 27th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Maybe we could have a meet up at Woofstock. Love to see you again Chris.

That's a great idea Sylvie....see you've got your thinking cap on this morning :laughing:...I'd love to see you guys too :D.

I'm sure Ethel will be game :thumbs up

Sylvie
October 27th, 2010, 10:33 AM
O.K. where is my manners (I'm blaming Aslan):laughing::laughing:

It would be great to see everyone again. And also meet some new members.

shirley1011
October 27th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Winter Woofstock sounds like a great outing...and even can get there by go train...my kinda gettn to downtown Toronto!
even I can't get lost getting there! Wish the member here that does the collars and leashes would be there...I love her stuff!

aslan
October 27th, 2010, 10:56 AM
O.K. where is my manners (I'm blaming Aslan):laughing::laughing:

It would be great to see everyone again. And also meet some new members.

i'm being blamed why?...oh sure they could do it any other weekend but noooooo they have to do it the day i leave for Calgary..:(

shirley1011
October 27th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Oh no Aslan...I forgot about that! That sucks! and just when I thought I could show you I could get to the big city!

aslan
October 27th, 2010, 11:00 AM
i have faith in you Shirley,,,jeez you made it all the way to my house...and G even asked me about woofstock lastnight...

mastifflover
October 27th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Well Clark will not be coming if Grace is not there. But it sounds like fun

aslan
October 27th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Grace might still go Mastifflover just not me..i was thinkng that earlier when you said no one could break in your house,,,G could...:D

mastifflover
October 27th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Probably the only one who could but Clark will not be coming he does not play well with most dogs. But if I am not working I will go for sure. You will be missed

Sylvie
October 27th, 2010, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=aslan;962394]i'm being blamed why?...

Aslan you are being blamed because you showed that picture of the Yorkshire Pudding and everything else left my head. :laughing:

Chris21711
October 28th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I run it by Ethel and she said "sure".....I think we will take Rebel with us...he will be more confused than ever, bless him :cloud9:

Sylvie
October 28th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Woo Hoo Rebel, can't wait

Corrie
October 30th, 2010, 01:33 PM
If you come to Winter Woofstock, please stop by our rescue booth and say hi!

We are having a booth in the Rescue Village and we are Westies in Need.

The shopping looks like it is gonna be amazing! See you all there!

Winston
October 30th, 2010, 02:32 PM
:thumbs up Corrie we will be sure to stop by!

Chris21711
October 30th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Will do Corrie.....I love Westies :cloud9:

rainbow
October 30th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Well obviously I can't go :( but sure hope that some of you will take lots of pics :thumbs up .....dawg knows that Chris won't. :rolleyes:

Sylvie
October 31st, 2010, 07:21 AM
You can always count on Winston. She's great :thumbs up

Winston
October 31st, 2010, 07:40 AM
Dont ya know Rainbow thats the only reason they take me along....:laughing:

Chris21711
October 31st, 2010, 11:22 AM
Well obviously I can't go :( but sure hope that some of you will take lots of pics :thumbs up .....dawg knows that Chris won't. :rolleyes:

One of these days Ol' Girl I'm gonna show up at your house and scare the daylights outta ya' :evil:

Dont ya know Rainbow thats the only reason they take me along....:laughing:

There, there Winston.....:laughing:

Winston
October 31st, 2010, 12:30 PM
So are we planning a meet & greet? What day ya going Chris Sat or Sun?

Chris21711
October 31st, 2010, 05:46 PM
So are we planning a meet & greet? What day ya going Chris Sat or Sun?

I'll go with the flow :o

Sylvie
November 1st, 2010, 06:25 PM
Chris if you show up on Rainbows doorstep I want to come :D

Chris21711
November 2nd, 2010, 08:39 AM
Chris if you show up on Rainbows doorstep I want to come :D

Done deal Sylvie :thumbs up

I told Ethel last night that I wanna take Reb......she looked like :eek: and then said "Noooooooooooooooo Mum, it'll be too confusing for him".

Any decision on what day?

Winston
November 2nd, 2010, 09:01 AM
We will go either day but I am thinking Saturday for Sylvie and myself? how about you Chris?

Chris21711
November 2nd, 2010, 09:08 AM
We will go either day but I am thinking Saturday for Sylvie and myself? how about you Chris?

I'll go with the flow Winston, Saturday it is :thumbs up....we can tie up the itty bitty details closer to the date, what do you think, ok with youze?

Winston
November 2nd, 2010, 09:10 AM
perfect....:thumbs up

Since I am the camera guy and the limo driver I will let Sylvie know..:D

Chris21711
November 2nd, 2010, 09:12 AM
perfect....:thumbs up

Since I am the camera guy and the limo driver I will let Sylvie know..:D

:laughing:....I'll let Ethel know too.

Sylvie
November 2nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
We're going in a limo :laughing:

rainbow
November 2nd, 2010, 02:25 PM
We're going with a limey :laughing:

:laughing:

Winston
November 2nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
Chris your hilarious! i just posted in the wrong thread........:laughing::laughing:

I'm going to jump off a bridge now are ya comin??? :D

Sylvie
November 2nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
Too funny Rainbow. :laughing:

Ally&Jakub
November 16th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I'm so there! Jakub took Indica a year or so ago and she loved it! Hope to see you guys there!

Winston
November 22nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
Shirley1011 are you coming to Woofstock? Chris what time do ya all want to meet up?

shirley1011
November 22nd, 2010, 03:39 PM
Winston...would love to go but I doubt I can make it happen....
but I will watch for details and if for some unknown reason I get a pass I, you will hear me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winston
November 22nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
:thumbs up:thumbs up

Chris21711
November 22nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
Shirley1011 are you coming to Woofstock? Chris what time do ya all want to meet up?

Ethel said we should leave here around 10am...be there around 11am I guess....Meet up around 12 or so............what do you think :shrug:

Winston
November 22nd, 2010, 05:47 PM
Noon it is then...unless we see you before! say by the main entrance?

Chris21711
November 22nd, 2010, 06:06 PM
Noon it is then...unless we see you before! say by the main entrance?

Errrrrrrrrrrrr...what would be considered the main entrance :confused:

mona_b
November 22nd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Errrrrrrrrrrrr...what would be considered the main entrance :confused:

The front door.......:laughing::laughing::laughing:

mona_b
November 22nd, 2010, 07:31 PM
Sorry chris, couldn't resist. LMAO

I'm actually thinking of heading up. I brought this up with my daughter and future SIL. Lastweek. Tron won't be coming as there is just to much walking for him. But will probably bring the little Bugger, aka Milo. LOL.

Winston
November 23rd, 2010, 08:32 AM
Chris I think there may only be one entrance....there is a floor plan on the Woofstock link you provided...pretty sure the entrance is called the Heritage Building and the show is in Hall F.

Ethel will find it no worries!!!

Yeah Mona B looking forward to meeting you!!

Chris21711
November 23rd, 2010, 04:33 PM
The front door.......:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:frustrated:................:laughing:

K Winston, I'll find it.....I saw the plan and couldn't make head nor tail of it :confused:...I'm very good at asking though so I will get there....I'm not bringing Reb... purely selfish of me....it will make my life easier :cool:

Winston
November 23rd, 2010, 07:56 PM
Actually Sylvie and I are playing it single too! we want to enjoy ourselves!! :evil::evil:

Looking forward to it...:thumbs up

Oh and soo glad that the Santa Clause parade was last weekend!! :thumbs up

mona_b
November 26th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Well not sure what time we will be heading over there. I was hoping between 1-2. I like it that dad is only about 15 mins from there. And I never take the car. I just bus it.:D

I'm debating now in bringing Milo. He gets REALLY excited when he sees dogs and people as he loves both. But he does settle. We will see.

Winston
November 27th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Just waiting for Sylvie and then we are off! Looking forward to see you guys!

I am bringing the camera so hopefully I'll get some good pics...I am hoping Chris brings Reb!! :cloud9:
\
We are going dogless this time....

Love4himies
November 27th, 2010, 08:18 AM
HAVE FUN TODAY, LADIES :lovestruck: Can't wait to see the pics. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
November 27th, 2010, 09:19 PM
So...um...where's them pics? :D

:eek: Or are you gonna make us wait till tomorrow? :yell: :cry:

Chris21711
November 27th, 2010, 09:35 PM
So...um...where's them pics? :D

:eek: Or are you gonna make us wait till tomorrow? :yell: :cry:

Winston has 'em.....I can't believe we didn't take a camera....shame on us :o

Winston
November 27th, 2010, 09:39 PM
No I am trying to resize them now!!! :thumbs up I didnt take alot of them...I had too many bags of samples to carry...:D

It was so awesome to see you again Chris!! and meet Ethel! she is just like her Mom..:laughing:

All in all it was a great day....there were lots of doggies and it looked like they were all enjoying themselves. I have to admit it was nice to be doggieless for a change...

We also got to meet Corrie...from Westies in Need....kudos to you mf...you sweet lily Lily was soo cute...

Mona B sorry we didnt meet up..

Anyway here are some randoms..nothing too special...

Winston
November 27th, 2010, 09:40 PM
some more

Winston
November 27th, 2010, 09:42 PM
a few more

Winston
November 27th, 2010, 09:43 PM
and a few more

Winston
November 27th, 2010, 09:44 PM
and a couple more

hazelrunpack
November 27th, 2010, 09:44 PM
WoooHoooooo! Lotsa doggies!!! :highfive: Love the little fella or gal in the Santa suit!!! :laughing:

:thankyou: for sharing, Winston! (tsk, tsk, Chris! I can't believe you didn't bring a camera, either! :frustrated: What were you thinking? :p And as punishment, Winston will have to post a pic of you for all to see. :o :p)

Winston
November 27th, 2010, 09:45 PM
last batch...

Chris21711
November 27th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Winston as the day progressed it got really busy. In the main hall there were so many people and dogs it was unreal, I felt for the little muppets all they could see were legs, but it didn't seem to phase them at all......We left around 3:30....I bought my kilo of "Recovery".

The dogs were so well behaved, I saw a couple of snarls as dogs were passing each other, one coming from the only Pyrenee I saw and the other from a Wolfhound....Ethel said there was a Rottie who was a bit snarly. There were only 2 or 3 dogs that were muzzled with the exception of a couple of Pitties.

OK I'll shut up now, I could go on and on...:o

Winston
November 27th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Now you should know better than that Hazel...No Human Pics allowed...:D:laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 27th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Now you should know better than that Hazel...No Human Pics allowed...:D:laughing:
But but but it's her punishment!! And a very just punishment, at that, because she could easily have taken Ethel's work camera!!! But no!!! She had to forget them all :frustrated: :laughing:

Glad you brought yours, anyway, Winston! :thumbs up Do we know any of these doggies or were they all strangers? :D

Chris21711
November 27th, 2010, 09:51 PM
WoooHoooooo! Lotsa doggies!!! :highfive: Love the little fella or gal in the Santa suit!!! :laughing:

There were some great outfits Hazel.

(tsk, tsk, Chris! I can't believe you didn't bring a camera, either! :frustrated: What were you thinking? :p

As usual I wasn't :yell:

And as punishment, Winston will have to post a pic of you for all to see. :o :p)

:laughing: Not this time.

Winston
November 27th, 2010, 09:55 PM
No there are no doggies in any of the pics that we know...just randoms...

I only knew one person with a Boston Terrior and she was trying a pair of jeans on her?????? OMG they were so cute...embroidered down the leg and everything...

Yeah alot of Christmas outfits. I was glad we went early...it meant a closer parking spot and less congestion.

Chris did you get a good deal on the recovery? I am going to look into it.

Chris21711
November 27th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Chris did you get a good deal on the recovery? I am going to look into it.

I paid $85 including tax....at the store it is $86.99 + 13%, not a great deal but good enough.....If I buy the 350ml it is $45.99 + tax, when I figured it out I saved over $68 by buying the 1000ml.....not chump change :D

Winston
November 27th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Good Job! :thumbs up

pbpatti
November 28th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I paid $85 including tax....at the store it is $86.99 + 13%, not a great deal but good enough.....If I buy the 350ml it is $45.99 + tax, when I figured it out I saved over $68 by buying the 1000ml.....not chump change :D

I too pay 45.99 but with only GST 5% added. Do you know where I can order some Recovery in the larger size and the better price? Now that I have two doggies I give it to it does not go as far and if I can save a few bucks...good for me. patti

Sylvie
November 28th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I don't know who else went to Woofstock, but we had a great time.

It was so nice meeting Chris again and also finally meeting Ethel. I wish you guys were closer.

It was also nice to meet Corrie and see her beautiful Westies. We have Angus next door and I would love to snatch him up. Bree and him are friends.

I met the largest dog in my life. His body was not the largest but the head was as big as an elephant. Winston says it was my glasses magnifying his head :laughing::laughing: It was a Dog De Bordeau sp???

There was one guy there with 3 goldens and a shephard. :eek:

All in all I got my doggy fix for a few months.

Sorry Hazel, maybe one day Chris will send you a picture.

Chris21711
November 28th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I too pay 45.99 but with only GST 5% added. Do you know where I can order some Recovery in the larger size and the better price? Now that I have two doggies I give it to it does not go as far and if I can save a few bucks...good for me. patti

I normally buy it in the farm store Patti.....the 1000ml there costs $86.99 +tx.
I would think the place where you buy it from can order the large size for you....it is worthwhile.

Of course you only pay gst.....you guyz are a "have Province" we are a "have not Province"..........:laughing:

quincymycat
November 28th, 2010, 05:27 PM
There is a certain "mistique" that comes with never being actually seen!!! The day Chris agrees to post a pic of herself...I will post one of me!!! :laughing:

Never has a safer wager been made!

Hazel...I notice that any of you usually are obscured by fuzzbutts.....hmmmm?

Lets all agree that we are all 21 years old with hourglass figures and no grey hair!!! :laughing: :laughing: Perfect 10's....or -1's!! :yell:

Looks like Woofstock was really packed. I think it is nicer when everyone can be outside...more personal space for the puppers.

mastifflover
November 28th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Well I went this afternoon and have you ever seen so many pugs and english bulldogs. Only saw one Mastiff one Dane one Newf and two gorgerous Dobies but mostly smaller dogs. Clark one have been one of those snarly kids so he stayed home. But boy did he score huge he got a new bed, collar, lots of treats and he is done for christmas. But it was a ton of fun.

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2010, 08:58 PM
I hope you had someone to help you carry it all in from the car, mastifflover! :laughing: I'll bet Clark was happy enough when you brought in your haul even if he didn't get to go along. :thumbs up
There is a certain "mistique" that comes with never being actually seen!!! The day Chris agrees to post a pic of herself...I will post one of me!!! :laughing:

Never has a safer wager been made!

Hear that, Chris? Now you have to post a pic so we can all get to see qmc. :D

Hazel...I notice that any of you usually are obscured by fuzzbutts.....hmmmm?

They might be scarce, but there's sure more hazel pics out there than Chris or qmc pics. :p :laughing:

Lets all agree that we are all 21 years old with hourglass figures and no grey hair!!! :laughing: :laughing: Perfect 10's....or -1's!! :yell:

I could be persuaded to sign onto this idea! :laughing:

pbpatti
November 29th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I normally buy it in the farm store Patti.....the 1000ml there costs $86.99 +tx.
I would think the place where you buy it from can order the large size for you....it is worthwhile.

Of course you only pay gst.....you guyz are a "have Province" we are a "have not Province"..........:laughing:

thank you Chris for the info, I will check out the price at the store I buy mine at. patti

mastifflover
November 29th, 2010, 06:55 PM
No car but thank goodness I do not live far so it was a quick cab ride home. Clark was a very happy camper. He loves his new bed.
Tomorrow is One of a Kind for me.

mona_b
November 29th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Well we had a GREAT time.:thumbs up

And Milo was such an :angel:. He LOVED seeing all the dogs. There was a Dane walking in front of him. He kept on sniffing the back of his leg. The Dane turned around and he jumped back. LOL. I was surprised with all the Danes there Robin. There was about 8 of them. One guy had 2 of them. And there were quite a few of the small dogs in strollers. We got a kick out of the small ones dressed up.

Milo got alot of attention. Everyone was coming up to him and saying how cute he was. There was a couple with their Scottish Deerhound who wanted him. Daughter said uhhh NOT. But we kept on bumping into them.

Poor Milo was getting tired with all the walking. We had to take turns carrying him.:rolleyes:. But I don't blame him, we were there for almost 3 hours.:eek:

He too got spoiled. Grandma got him licensed and got him tons of treats. And he got a new harness. It's one of those step in harnesses and the woman that was selling them made them herself. Tron got spoiled too. But mommy always spoils him.:D

All in all it was a great time. :)