Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

MyKat

MyKat
October 26th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Hi, my cat Gyzmo has a very weak back leg (the one that was mauled by a dog five years ago) ...
Tick desease could be ruled out because she has a huge appetite ... however, she poos very often and sometimes where she sleeps ... which could be related to the hind leg weakness.
I have read up on Methyl-b12/Methylcobalamin because indications are that Gyzmo has some form of deficiency.
Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

luckypenny
October 26th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Welcome to pets.ca MyKat :). Have you taken Gyzmo to your vet with this problem? If so, what did he/she say? If not, it's really something that should be diagnosed professionally in case she needs treatment asap.

MyKat
October 27th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Hi, yes the vets say that Gyzmo is getting old ... 15 years and as a result of the past injury, she probably has a bit of arthritis. I did notice her "slinking" around for about a month prior to noticing a definite weakness in her leg. So perhaps the vet is right!?

hazelrunpack
October 27th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Could well be just the arthritis kicking in. What indications did you have that there might be a deficiency involved?

Tick disease here (which I know is different than in Australia) can manifest differently in different individuals. Is appetite a reliable enough indicator that your cat doesn't have one?

Sure hope you can find something that helps Gyzmo, MyKat. :goodvibes: