Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

AAAUUGGHHH! Another Stupid Human Thread

Etown_Chick
October 24th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Visiting with a friend last nite, who told me he was walking his neighbors dogs for a few days, as she worked long hours. He got around to mentioning that the female was in heat.
OMG this fella is NOT a dog owner, nor that knowledgable about dogs. I told him that it was illegal to take a bitch off her property and that an intact male would do anything to get to her, even crash through a window!
He said ya, that makes sense, he was having trouble keeping the male off her.
OMG
Two un-fixed dogs, one of each gender, the female in heat....living in the same house....walked together...And they're not pups, they're about 3 years old.
Good news - they're both getting fixed this week.
There really is no cure for humans, is there?

cpietra16
October 24th, 2010, 12:08 PM
There really is no cure for humans, is there?

nope...its in our DNA...stupid, selfish, idiots, etc...yup, we come by it naturally:rolleyes:

erykah1310
October 24th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Its illlegal to take a bitch in heat off property??? really?

Etown_Chick
October 24th, 2010, 06:52 PM
erykah in edmonton yes, it's against the bylaws. I suspect it's to prevent fights and unwanted litters.
Amazing how many end up at the dog park, with the owners freaking at the rest of us to keep our males off them....as if we could.

ancientgirl
October 24th, 2010, 06:56 PM
You can't fix stupid.

mastifflover
October 24th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Always amazed at the stupidity of some people. I was walking Clark the other night and this guy is yelling that I need to keep my dog away from his because she is in heat. I said I am a responsible owner my dog is neutered besides he is on a leash. I yelled back get your dog spayed and you wont have that problem any more.

14+kitties
October 24th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Well, it is good they are getting fixed next week. :thumbs up Something must have gotten through their thick skulls. Or someone hit them upside the head with a common sense stick and it stuck for a minute. IE: long enough for them to make the appts. :rolleyes:

erykah1310
October 25th, 2010, 08:47 PM
erykah in edmonton yes, it's against the bylaws. I suspect it's to prevent fights and unwanted litters.
Amazing how many end up at the dog park, with the owners freaking at the rest of us to keep our males off them....as if we could.

Of all the laws pertaining to pets this has to be the best one i have heard... seriously. Good job Edmonton:thumbs up

Etown_Chick
October 25th, 2010, 09:43 PM
14+
If they don't keep the appointments, maybe I'll be smacking them upside the head with the good sense stick! lol

14+kitties
October 25th, 2010, 11:32 PM
14+
If they don't keep the appointments, maybe I'll be smacking them upside the head with the good sense stick! lol

:thumbs up Good idea!