Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

14+,i am overwhelmed,thank you mf...

chico2
October 22nd, 2010, 12:45 PM
the mail-man just delivered another precious gift from 14+,i of course burst in to tears by the sheer kindness and thought-fullness of you and the beautiful wood-plaque of rocky.
you are a wonderful artist and a beautiful human being,thank you,thank you:grouphug:

Love4himies
October 22nd, 2010, 12:50 PM
It's beautiful :lovestruck:. She is so talented :lovestruck:

Chris21711
October 22nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
Beautiful gift Chico, definately something to be treasured :cloud9:....what I would like to know is....where does that woman find the time :o

BenMax
October 22nd, 2010, 12:53 PM
How beautiful.:grouphug:

14+kitties
October 22nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
Wow! That got there fast! I only mailed it yesterday. I am so glad you like it. :grouphug: I am hoping it helps heal in some small way.
Working on these pieces is actually a little cathartic for me. I think about the loves that have passed and the love they gave, or give if they are still with us. This week it has been very helpful to me. So thank you chico. :grouphug: You have helped me more than you know.

Rgeurts
October 22nd, 2010, 01:48 PM
What a beautiful gift!! 14+, that is amazing! The best gifts always come from the heart :lovestruck:

My father commissioned an artist to do an oil painting of Thorin for us. It was a Christmas gift several yrs ago. It hangs over one of the fireplaces :)

Masha
October 22nd, 2010, 02:19 PM
This is so very beautiful. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift!! 14+ you are very talented and kind!!

Dog Dancer
October 22nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
14+ strikes to the heart again. What a wonderful and kind person you are. To say nothing of talented. So many hearts are healed with your kind gifts Gerri.

rainbow
October 22nd, 2010, 02:42 PM
WOW .....what a beautiful tribute to Rocky. :cloud9:

Look at all the detail there is with him sitting amongst the plant leaves .....absolutely amazing work, 14+ :thumbs up and you are truly a very special caring person. :angel:

hazelrunpack
October 22nd, 2010, 03:14 PM
Absolutely gorgeous work, 14+!! As usual! :cloud9:

Magicwildwolf69
October 22nd, 2010, 03:49 PM
wow that is beautiful:cloud9: you are such a wonderful person 14+. :grouphug:

chico2
October 22nd, 2010, 04:38 PM
14+,you are simply an amazing young lady and i am so glad i joined this forum years ago to get to know so many wonderful people,who feel just like i do.

together with the first piece of art i recieved,i will treasure my sweet rockys pic forever and always.
you managed to capture his special look and although i am still in the crying stages because of losing him,i feel you honored his memory for me:grouphug:

krdahmer
October 22nd, 2010, 10:08 PM
Oh it's beautiful....and just perfect....Rocky in his catnip...:lovestruck:

luckypenny
October 22nd, 2010, 10:25 PM
Gorgeous :cloud9:.

TeriM
October 23rd, 2010, 01:09 AM
That is just wonderful :cloud9:.

shannon1233A
October 23rd, 2010, 08:48 AM
OMG 14+, I've just spent a long time looking at all the beautiful pieces of art you've so generously sent your friends. You truly are a very gifted artist, have you ever thought of supplementing your income by taking orders or advertising? I'm sure you could make a fortune to help with your many kitties!

14+kitties
October 23rd, 2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks everyone. Rocky was a special boy. He deserves a special memorial.

OMG 14+, I've just spent a long time looking at all the beautiful pieces of art you've so generously sent your friends. You truly are a very gifted artist, have you ever thought of supplementing your income by taking orders or advertising? I'm sure you could make a fortune to help with your many kitties!

Thanks shannon. :o I have thought of that. In fact it 's been mentioned here often. I have told members all they have to do is pm me and we can talk. ;) The problems with me taking orders are my kitties and work. Well, the kitties aren't problems but you know what I mean. It does not leave me a lot of time to work on these pieces. Right now I do them at my leisure at night while watching TV. Some pieces can be done quite quickly. Some pieces take up to 50 hours to burn. If I was a tad more organized I could probably do one or two a week. Right now I'm lucky to do one every few weeks. :rolleyes:

diandpat
October 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
WOW!!! That is just gorgeous! How sweet of you to offer such a generous gift to Chico which will bring her so much happiness and comfort.

Great great piece of art! I always loved the pics of Rocky sprawled out in the catnip too :laughing:

chico2
October 23rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
actually he is not in his cat-nip,in the pic he is laying in his favorite spot,under the birdbath and the greenery is the vine that we planted there,but either way,it's beautiful..i'll cherish it forever:cat:

Sylvie
October 23rd, 2010, 04:46 PM
14+ that is so beautiful.

You are a good friend. :grouphug:

cpietra16
October 23rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
wow...you are indeed very talented 14+:thumbs up

14+kitties
October 23rd, 2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks ladies. :grouphug:
I didn't think it was his nip. I was trying to remember the exact spot where the picture was taken and thought I remembered the bird bath and Rocky's liking to lie under it. :cloud9:

Love4himies
October 23rd, 2010, 08:01 PM
.what I would like to know is....where does that woman find the time :o

I know, I am amazed too

you managed to capture his special look
She is an absolute genius, the one she did of my sweet Rose is a spitting image of her, especially the eyes. It hangs in my office where I can look at her all day and I am always amazed at how she captured the eyes.

14+kitties
October 23rd, 2010, 08:11 PM
I know, I am amazed too

She is an absolute genius, the one she did of my sweet Rose is a spitting image of her, especially the eyes. It hangs in my office where I can look at her all day and I am always amazed at how she captured the eyes.

Ha!! I have to get off Pets now and get to work or the next one won't be getting done for a long time!! :oThen I am taking some time to do a picture of owls for one of the gals at work for a belated wedding gift. She collects owls.

The eyes are the hardest part to do. I sometimes spend hours getting them just so. I keep hoping I did them right. It's nice to know I do occasionally. :thumbs up

marko
October 24th, 2010, 09:44 AM
way to go 14+, beautiful gesture and image :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
October 26th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Oh my 14+ that is absolutely beautiful!! It looks just like Rocky! What a beautiful lady u are 14+!

Chico, that must of touched your heart so deeply. :grouphug:

14+kitties
October 26th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks TQ and Marko. Every time I do one of these and it's posted here I see things I would love to be able to change to make it better. But it's too late. The pics are out of my hands. I hope I don't ever hurt anyone's feeling by doing a picture for them. :fingerscr

Chris21711
October 26th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I hope I don't ever hurt anyone's feeling by doing a picture for them. :fingerscr

HUH.........:confused:

14+kitties
October 26th, 2010, 11:53 AM
HUH.........:confused:

I just meant if the pain was too fresh when I do one of a pet who has passed. That's all mf. :D

Chris21711
October 26th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I just meant if the pain was too fresh when I do one of a pet who has passed. That's all mf. :D

I cherish the one you did of Cocoa....you know where it sits on my wall, next to a pic of my beloved Tina :lovestruck::lovestruck:

:sorry: to Hi-jack Chico :o

14+kitties
October 26th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I cherish the one you did of Cocoa....you know where it sits on my wall, next to a pic of my beloved Tina :lovestruck::lovestruck:

:sorry: to Hi-jack Chico :o

:grouphug: mgf

ancientgirl
October 26th, 2010, 01:26 PM
What a wonderful gift. 14+, I never tire of seeing the beauty you create with that wood burning tool.

Chico, that is such an amazing image of Rocky. I know you will cherish that for so many years to come.

chico2
October 26th, 2010, 05:18 PM
a-g,and tq,the moment i got that big brown envelope,i knew what it would be and yes,i burst in to tears,much because of the likeness to my boy,but also because of the amazing generosity and caring from our friend 14+.

it was the best gift and a wonderful memorial to my sweet rocky:cat:

Sylvie
October 27th, 2010, 09:20 AM
]The eyes are the hardest part to do. I sometimes spend hours getting them just so. I keep hoping I did them right. It's nice to know I do occasionally. :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

14+ do you think you could post a picture of the owls so that we could see how beautiful it turned out. :angel:

14+kitties
October 27th, 2010, 09:22 AM
14+ do you think you could post a picture of the owls so that we could see how beautiful it turned out. :angel:

Sure. But don't look for it for a while. I haven't even started it yet. Still working on another piece. :thumbs up

chico2
October 27th, 2010, 09:40 AM
14+,you captured rockys look exactly,i moved him in to the kitchen and it feels like he's watching us when we eat.
his favorite chair beside me is empty now,but i can somehow feel his precense from the picture:grouphug::cat: