Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

RIP Harley Chopper <3 I miss you so much

MamaLovesYou
October 21st, 2010, 10:00 AM
I'm new to this site, and here for this very reason. I stumbled onto your story of the Rainbow Bridge after I searched for pet memorials. My sweet baby boy Harley Chopper "Bubba" Schuler went home to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday morning. I got up around 6:30 to bring my hubby to work. Harley always sleeps in our room in the closet on a pallet we make for him, or in our bed. He woke up with us, gave me all kinds of kisses and even played with me for a minute. We then left, so we put him outside in the fence with the other 3 dogs (one is mine, the other two are my in laws). Harley has never liked the fence. He has always found a way to get out, be it by digging, jumping, something, he finds a way. This particular fence has a low gate, so he jumped the gate pretty much every time we put him in the fence. I dropped my husband off, came home and there he was, running up to me as I opened the door. I usually would have just let him in the house so he could go back to bed with me, but I thought I was doing the right thing by putting him back in the fence, trying to teach him that it was where he was supposed to be. I came inside the house, about 20 minutes later I hear the dogs barking. I didn't think anything of it because it didn't last long, but something didn't sound right, after thinking back. I finally fell back asleep, and woke up later. I stayed in the house until about 12:15, leaving for work, and I walk out to see my poor little baby boy laying on the sidewalk, already long past the stage of reviving him.

He was already stiff, I panicked, called my husband immediately, told him I couldn't touch him, there were flies all over my baby boy. From what it looked like, he got hit by a car. He made it all the way from the road, almost to the front door. He just wanted to come inside with is mama :( I should have let him in. Now my baby is gone. I'm so heartbroken, I can't stop crying. I should have just let him in.

He was the sweetest boy. He had the biggest ears I have ever seen on a dog, that stuck straight up. His tail wagged every time we spoke to him, and he was a stubborn boy. He always wanted to sleep on the bed, but took up almost the whole thing just because he stretched all the way out. He wouldn't be happy just on the bed, he had to be cuddled up with one of us. He also had a broken bark, and sounded like he was hiccuping when he barked. I will always remember coming home yesterday and him running up to my car, and being so hyper and jumpy. That's why I didn't let him into the house, because I knew he wouldn't let me sleep. :(

Harley, Mama misses you so much. I'm so sorry I didn't protect you. You were Daddy & My first baby together, and we will never ever forget you. Daddy is heartbroken, and so is mama. I love you so much, and I hope you're in no pain at the Rainbow Bridge.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/rockoutlindzy/bubbers-1.jpg

This is a pic of him when he was about 6 months old. <3

I love you Bubba.

marko
October 21st, 2010, 03:10 PM
I so sorry for your loss MLY :rip: Harley :candle:
Now's probably not the best time but for the sake of the other dogs and avoiding future tragedies please secure the fence as soon as you can.
Again my deep condolences.

Sincerely

Marko

chico2
October 21st, 2010, 05:02 PM
what a beautiful boy:lovestruck:,i am so sorry his life ended so tragically :(
:rip:gorgeous little pittie-boy harley:angel2:

Love4himies
October 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM
I am so sorry :grouphug:

pbpatti
October 21st, 2010, 06:48 PM
I am so sorry that you had to find our site this way. Harley is running free and happy:angel2::rip: over the bridge with all of those who have gone before him. Please do not be too hard on yourself, sadly these things happen. patti

mikischo
October 21st, 2010, 07:53 PM
My condolences to you and your husband on the loss of your sweet Harley.:grouphug::grouphug:

:candle: Run free, sweet :angel2: Harley :dog: :candle:

Winston
October 21st, 2010, 08:33 PM
What a tragedy. My condolences to you and your family.

RIP sweet Harley...Run free to the bridge!

:rip::dog:

MamaLovesYou
October 22nd, 2010, 12:13 AM
We tried securing the fence. We put electric around it and tried making it taller, it didn't work. He'd always find a way out. And no... not exactly the best time for that.

rjolly1967
October 22nd, 2010, 01:03 AM
:sorry:RIP Harley Chopper :candle:know how you feel losing a best friend we lost our GSD Oct 2 2010 ,my heart still aches

rainbow
October 22nd, 2010, 01:17 AM
What a tragic way to lose your sweet boy. :grouphug:

:rip: Harley :candle:

Sylvie
October 22nd, 2010, 05:41 AM
I understand your pain. :grouphug:

:rip:Sweet Harley

BenMax
October 22nd, 2010, 08:33 AM
My deepest condolences.

I think everyone of us has made a mistake somewhere along the line. The important thing to remember is that this was a mistake and you should not keep beating yourself up for this. We all learn, and at times in the most horrible way. Let it go and learn from it. I know I have.

RIP little one.:rip:

MamaLovesYou
October 22nd, 2010, 08:51 PM
I'm having such a hard time going on without my baby boy. He was such a constant and large part of my life. Probably more spoiled than any dog should be but I don't even care now. I feel like I lost a kid. I miss his waggly tail (aka "The whip") and his big golden eyes, and his huge ears. I miss my baby.

growler~GateKeeper
October 23rd, 2010, 02:09 AM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Harley Chopper :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug: