Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

anyone know what's wrong?

CYPHER
September 14th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Hi, i'm new to this site but was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what's wrong with my cat? He's a two year old pedigree silver spotted tabby and has suddenly gone off his food to the point where he won't even touch his favourite tuna. He is normally bold but today is very jumpy and he just looks listless and unhappy. I've checked his teeth and they're fine and he is up to date on his flea treatment. This has happened literally overnight. Any ideas?

Writing4Fun
September 14th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Any number of physical ailments could cause the changes you're describing. Have you taken him to the vet yet? I suggest you do so, and bring a stool sample with you. Hope everything turns out OK! :)

iRONKNiGHT
September 14th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Hair ball? something he ate and trying to get out of his system or something that's blocked in his system?

CYPHER
September 14th, 2004, 10:51 AM
I'm waiting for my partner to get home at the moment so we can take him to the vet. Am in England and it's nearly 5pm here, we have an appointment at 6. It's just really worrying when something like this happens - you take care of them as best you can so when they get sick I feel completely useless. It could well be a furball, he suffered from feline stress recently when we moved house which resulted in him overgrooming. Although this appears to have been remedied it's possible that there is some fur still in his system. Thanks for helping to reassure me!