Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Whats wrong with my cat

StevesLX
October 19th, 2010, 09:00 PM
About a month ago my cat vomited a few times and then appeared to be fine. I figured it was just a hairball or something. Well for the past few weeks she has been licking herself non stop as well as scrathng herself. She now has scabs and stuff evrywhere you pet her to include underneath her as well. her whole hind section is bald. She also appears to be losing weight. She is 2 1/2 years old and is suppose to be an indoor cat. We had her fixed a year ago and all she wants to do here lately is be outside. She will tear at our blinds and meow like crazy until you let her out. She still seems to have an appetite and still purrs alot. Just not sure what her problem is here. Any help would be appreciated. Also nothing has changed in the house so I dont think she is streesed out. We have not changed her food either. We feed her Ever Pet gourmet blend.

sugarcatmom
October 19th, 2010, 10:30 PM
She now has scabs and stuff evrywhere you pet her to include underneath her as well. her whole hind section is bald. She also appears to be losing weight.

It would be a really good idea to take your cat to the vet for a complete exam and possibly blood work. Weight loss in a young cat is not normal, nor is itching to the point of baldness, obviously. Have you checked for fleas?

We have not changed her food either. We feed her Ever Pet gourmet blend.

Never heard of this food, do you have a link to a website or a list of ingredients you can post? I'm assuming it's kibble. Just so you know, allergies can develop over a period of time after repeat exposure to the same ingredients, so the fact that you haven't changed her food doesn't mean that isn't the source of the problem. I'd suggest, along with a vet visit, switching to a quality, grain-free wet food (like Wellness, Nature's Variety, Innova Evo 95% meat, By Nature Organics, etc). Here is some info for you on why cats should not eat dry food: www.catinfo.org

Love4himies
October 20th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Please stop feeding your pet Ever Pet:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/everpet-basics-with-tuna-cat-food-c281394.html