Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog just needs his distemper and bordetella

kathryn
October 18th, 2010, 08:27 PM
he'll be nice after he gets the distemperment shot, right? right?!?!?!

:crazy:

i think i'm loosing it

Masha
October 18th, 2010, 09:57 PM
maybe these people need a distemperment shot... :laughing:

never knew dogs required portabella... :D

Luvmypitgirls
October 19th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Portabella....he needs mushrooms??:D

mastifflover
October 19th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Portabella....he needs mushrooms??:D

I usually get Bordedella but Portabella sounds way better Clark would rather eat than get a needle

marko
October 19th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I usually don't do this but I've edited the threadtitle due to some cute errors. Thanks! Marko

Longblades
October 19th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Personnally, a nice meal of portabella mushrooms is all I need to make me nice so I think it's one or the other. :laughing: Kidding.

ETA: Marko was editing while I was typing. :)

14+kitties
October 19th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I usually don't do this but I've edited the threadtitle due to some cute errors. Thanks! Marko

Marko - I think it was "meant" to be cute. :shrug:

kathryn
October 19th, 2010, 09:28 AM
LOL yes, people routinely ask for "distemperment" and "portabella" shots.

We sort of just go along with it now :crazy:

And "he can't have heartworms we just had his stool sample checked for worms!!!"

or "can you check my dog for earthworms? he eats dirt out in the yard alot"

or when someone comes in to have their dog neutered and he has a retained testicle "but i thought dogs only had one testicle!!"
sometimes we have to say
"well how many do you have?!?!" :p

or I cannot tell you how many people think their cat is a girl because "it has nipples".

i'm sure you know what we like to say to the guys who say this :loser:

I just cannot comprehend how :crazy: people are!

Dog Dancer
October 19th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Can I bring hubby in for a distemperment shot??? Please! :D

Masha
October 19th, 2010, 01:13 PM
or I cannot tell you how many people think their cat is a girl because "it has nipples".

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

i like this reasoning... in that case everyone is a girl... too funny....

kathryn
October 19th, 2010, 03:37 PM
the portabella shot will protect your dog against fungal infections :laughing: :laughing:

i sooo want to say that to the next person who asks what a portabella vaccine is at work :p

kathryn
October 19th, 2010, 03:41 PM

Omgosh, you won't even believe how often people mess up on the genders of their animals. I remember one lady recently who brought in her 2-3 year old male kitten to be "neutered" and she's had him since he was a kitten. When we brought him in the back to put him in a cage and sign him in for surgery.. well HE was a SHE!! And my boss brought her back to out show the lady and she INSISTED we were playing a trick on her!! This lady thought we swapped her cat out and we even showed her the kitties privates and she kept arguing with us!! she was even more upset when we told her that she now had to pay a few dollars more because her cat was getting spayed instead of neutered :laughing::laughing:

i wish you guys could come spend the day at the shelter with me :p

luckypenny
October 19th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I'm just glad these folks bring their pets to the vet for neuters/vaccines/deworming ;) .

mastifflover
October 20th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I'm just glad these folks bring their pets to the vet for neuters/vaccines/deworming ;) .
:thumbs up:thumbs up

marko
October 20th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Sorry - I didn't realize this was a joke :o

But i'll have that Portobello burger now :D

marko
October 20th, 2010, 08:23 AM
This is an old one too...but when I was really young (like 7,8) I thought dogs (boys) mated with cats (girls).

kathryn
October 20th, 2010, 07:49 PM
This is an old one too...but when I was really young (like 7,8) I thought dogs (boys) mated with cats (girls).

Nice one Marko :laughing:

Okay, so I have one for you guys from today.

So we are checking in this lady with her 90lb male rottie. All the paperwork is done and my co-worker is going over her post-op instructions. She mentions the incision etc etc.. and the lady yells
YOU'RE GOING TO CUT HIS BALLS OFf?!?!?!?

and we are all like... :confused: and she was like I DIDN'T KNOW YOU CUT THEM OFF I THOUGHT YOU JUST WENT IN AND SNIPPED SOMETHING AND NOW HE'S GOING TO LOOK LIKE A GIRL :yell: :frustrated: :wall:

So we again, are like all totally confused. Apparently this lady had noooo freaking clue what it meant for her dog to be neutered. She thought we were just taking the dog in the back and like snipping a cord or something?? So she is FREEAKKINGGG out. We finally convince her to come back and she is all good with it now and leaves him to be fixed.

So what makes it even more ridiculous-

1. She lives in an extremely poverty ridden area in my community
2. She has NO money, but purchased this dog from a "breeder"
3. Because we have a grant to fix animals from the particular area she lives in, she was paying just over TWENTY FIVE FREAKING DOLLARS to have her 90lb rottie neutered.
4. The town she lives in has mandatory s/n ANYWAYS so we told her she'd have to get it done at some point or another, at which point she goes off on a rant about how the man shouldn't be telling her how to take care of her pets etc etc.
5. She specifically bought a male dog because she didn't want a female "bleeding all over the place" (apparently she has never heard of spaying females either??) but it's okay that her male dog is going to start marking everywhere.

All in all, the dog did not "look like a girl" and people were not asking where his "stuff" was when he left :laughing:

Goldfields
October 21st, 2010, 09:09 AM

Out of the mouth of babes ...... I was given a lesson on telling the sex of dogs whilst babysitting the vet's little daughter while dad worked on a friend's horse. The farm dog walked by and she told me it was a boy dog. I asked how did she know and she replied that it had a long tail. :D Girl dogs, like their Rottie, have short tails. :laughing: I'm glad I've got that straight now. :lightbulb: