Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nose scab on cat

loonatic
October 17th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Hi,

My female cat Pixel :cat:(1 year old) have these weird bumps and what looks like small scabs on the bridge of her nose.

It's been there for a about a week now, just started developing these when i had to move from one apartment to the other. I'm wondering if she could have done this in the transport cage at the moving time and also should i be worried and bring her to the veterinarian.

I attached picture of her nose, thanks you for your time.

FYI: Pixel doesn't seem to mind it, she does not scratch or mind if we touch it. For the moment we just applied a very small amount of polysporin.

Oliver

kathryn
October 17th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Hi there. Cats often get stressed and will rub or bump their noses against the front of the cat carriers and get bumps like this. My recommendation would be to continue apply a pet safe neosporin for a couple days, but if this does not clear up a vet trip would be in order. I see these types of scabs quite often :) I hope that helps. If you start to notice excessive bleeding, oozing or a funny smell I would say you should get to the vet ASAP to avoid an infection.

catlover2
October 17th, 2010, 05:45 PM
I would have a vet look at her nose. It doesn't look like an ordinary scab to me. It would have healed up in a week if it were.

loonatic
October 18th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Hi,

I just had a quick look at her nose this morning and both scabs have fallen off :D
She now have her pretty nose again yeahhh

Thanks for the quick response, have a great day :highfive:

catlover2
October 18th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Whew! glad to hear it was just that. Should be OK now.

14+kitties
October 20th, 2010, 10:47 AM
IMO I would still take kitty in for a check up. I am basing this by looking at the third eyelid showing. It wouldn't hurt to have a checkup. Copy the picture out and take it with you to the vet. It may be good "evidence". :shrug: