Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Alberta!

Rio'sMadison
October 14th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Hey there :) Just moved over from another pet forum I've been a part of for a few years now and I'm glad to be here! My name's Madison.

I have a rescue dog, a female husky/border collie mix named Rio. She comes from an abusive past and has been with me a little over a year and a half. Her favourite thing is new foster kittens, and her frisbee.

Deia and Rya are my two sister cats. Deia is a med-haired calico and Rya is a short-haired Torbi. They're about a year and a half and "rescued" from farm life.

Zephyr is my little boy, he's a black long-haired kitty about 7 months old. He came from a little old lady who had a stray give birth under her steps...took the kittens in, booted them out at about 5 weeks - her intentions were good at least!

Then there's my current foster kitten, Gypsy. She's about 4ish months and a female long-haired calico. I found her all alone all covered in car grease! So now she's looking for a home :)

Sol is my bearded dragon boy, about three years old now. He was given to me along with his tank-mate by a well-meaning lady who really had no idea. His tank-mate has since been rehomed and Sol is doing quite well with me now. He's a finicky eater and needs help to poop most of the time. A little bit of a special needs boy.

Other than that, I have a lovely 10 gallon fishtank with my betta boy Poseidon and a little school of zebra danios, and a black mystery snail.

Oh, and the boyfriend, Jason!

See you guys around :crazy:

pbpatti
October 14th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Hi and welcome to you and your menagerie, I am also an Alberta gal and let me be the first to aske for pictures of all of your babies. patti

Rio'sMadison
October 14th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Hey Patti, thanks :) I figured if this forum was anything like the last forum I was one, the photo demands would be starting soon enough! :rolleyes:

Nice to meet a fellow Albertan! :thumbs up

Rio'sMadison
October 14th, 2010, 07:04 PM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=959064#post959064

clicky clicky for pictures! :party:

hazelrunpack
October 14th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Welcome to the board, Rio'sMadison! :D Off to check out the pics. :thumbs up

Rio'sMadison
October 14th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Thank you, and hope you enjoy :)

Where are the pictures of everyone else's lovies? :rolleyes:

sugarcatmom
October 14th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Howdy ho, neighbouroni! A warm welcome to you and your assorted furry (and not-so-furry) family. Loved checking out your pics. They're a very photogenic bunch :cloud9:.

Where are the pictures of everyone else's lovies? :rolleyes:

I've got some pics and vids in this thread, if you wanna see a hint of what keeps me occupied most days: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=72081

hazelrunpack
October 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I have some in profile albums. :o Lots of threads, too, but I'm too tired to search them out... My forehead is sore from the number of times I've dozed off and banged it on the keyboard tonight :laughing: :o

marko
October 15th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Welcome RM! - Just took a look at yr pics, wow what a cute bunch!!!
Thanks for satisfying our pic addiction so quickly. :D:D

Rio'sMadison
October 17th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Seems like a busy place around here - any time I try to do anything, it says the server is too busy :rolleyes:

marko
October 18th, 2010, 09:08 AM
We're workin on that Rio and made some tweaks this weekend which seem to be helping thus far.

Thx - marko

ozball
October 18th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Hi, I'm newish myself so feel weird saying welcome, Madison. As a newbie let me at least say this is a wonderful forum everyone has been friendly and kind! Sounds like you have a big crew and a bigger heart for rescuing and fostering your brood!:highfive: The pictures are great, hope you enjoy finding your way around... Oz and the harem :cat:

Rio'sMadison
October 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM
We're workin on that Rio and made some tweaks this weekend which seem to be helping thus far.

Thx - marko

Oh, no worries, I wasn't complaining or anything, and all seems better now :)

Hi, I'm newish myself so feel weird saying welcome, Madison. As a newbie let me at least say this is a wonderful forum everyone has been friendly and kind! Sounds like you have a big crew and a bigger heart for rescuing and fostering your brood!:highfive: The pictures are great, hope you enjoy finding your way around... Oz and the harem :cat:

Lol, I feel the same way, I want to say hi to people but I barely just got here :rolleyes:

Welcome to you too, then :cool: