Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fairly new to the pet world and definitivly new to the board.

ShyWarrior
October 13th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Hello, I'm new at this so I apologize for my behavior if you should think it is unrelated to the category, I would like to introduce myself and my (fairly) new cat. I shall be known as Mo and my kitty cat is named DJ Von Lynx or more simply DJ or Lynx.
Recently my Lynx was diagnosed with FLUTD and since then it as been a struggle to keep my Lynx on an affordable but healthy diet. I love my cat very much but I cannot afford 6$ a day on my cat's food, this is about as much I spend on my own food. I haven't finished paying the $325 bill for the last vet appointment but I will NEVER let go of my cat. He means the world to me... Does anyone know of an affordable low PH level food I can feed him? This cat has been my best friend for the past 2 years I really want to keep him alive and well.
Mo!

sugarcatmom
October 13th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Welcome to you and Lynx. Sorry that it isn't under better circumstances.

Does anyone know of an affordable low PH level food I can feed him?

What are you feeding him now? What was he on before that?

Most any decent meat-based wet food should be adequate, no need to feed prescription foods. Here is a really excellent link that is a must read for anyone with a cat suffering from urinary tract issues: http://www.catinfo.org/?link=urinarytracthealth

Good luck!

Love4himies
October 14th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Hi Shywarrior, welcome.

Wellness food manufactures large cans of very high quality canned that cost about $3 and should be good for two days of food, depending on how much your cat eats. Even if you mix with a lower quality canned, your kitty should still be OK.

http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/recipes.aspx?pet=cat&ft=2

Of course, the other option is to make your own homemade raw which is about as cheap as low quality canned. I pay about 50 cents for 5.5oz depending on what meat is on sale. I use the recipe that is in the link that Sugarcatmom provided in her post.

aslan
October 14th, 2010, 07:32 AM
welcome shywarrior and lynx,,,Sugarcatmom is one of our best kitty food experts,,we have several here,,give them the information and they will help you out the best they can..:goodvibes: for lynx,,since the others didn't ask,ummm can we get a picture or say maybe a dozen of your handsome young friend..

BenMax
October 14th, 2010, 08:03 AM
welcome shywarrior and lynx,,,Sugarcatmom is one of our best kitty food experts,,we have several here,,give them the information and they will help you out the best they can..:goodvibes: for lynx,,since the others didn't ask,ummm can we get a picture or say maybe a dozen of your handsome young friend..

Welcome and Aslan is right - you are in good hands with Sugarcatmom, L4H (and 14+K when she gets here). They have all helped me with my cats.

marko
October 15th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Welcome shywarrior and lynx, glad you found us!