Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Maks, you're so lucky I adore you.

ancientgirl
October 13th, 2010, 12:58 PM
It's no secret Maks often misses when he's using the litter box. I've taken to putting liners on the walls where I keep the boxes as well as under.

This morning, I go into the bathroom after I fed them, turned on the lights and the shower. As I was walking out of the bathroom, I felt I stepped on something and looked down, only to find a puddle of pee.

I signed and thought about what happened earlier. When I got up, I went to use the bathroom myself. As I was sitting, I saw Vlad turn quickly, move and get into stealth mode. I laughed and though he was just nuts, or maybe saw a bug. Then I saw Maks coming out of the litter box.

I realized, Maks had climbed into the box, without bothering to actually take a few steps to get fully inside. He peed and of course, it went over the rim. What I saw Vlad do was get out of the line of fire!:rolleyes:Oy! Now I'm going to have to bring out the liner even more to actually in front of the door, like a mat. I stopped using the covered boxes because I wanted to give them a little more space. But he drives me nuts when he does that!

At least I can be thankful it was on the tile so easily cleaned up.:frustrated:

Love4himies
October 13th, 2010, 01:07 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: sorry to laugh but it is so funny to picture :laughing:.

Isn't that such a guy thing :frustrated: :yuck:

ancientgirl
October 13th, 2010, 01:15 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: sorry to laugh but it is so funny to picture :laughing:.

Isn't that such a guy thing :frustrated: :yuck:

I laughed about it after. I kept remembering Vlad trying to get out of the way and me thinking he was just a nutty boy.:laughing:

It is frustrating. I don't know what else to do. A covered box is the only way to keep from getting it outside, but honestly, they don't make them big enough. Vlad is huge and even the largest covered box isn't roomy enough for him, so I got them all regular uncovered boxes. That big cabinet I used to have Maks peed all over the inside so I had to throw that away. I could put a cardboard box around them but I can't afford to buy cardboard boxes every time he pees on one.

I may need to just Mickey Mouse something to suit my needs.

14+kitties
October 13th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I understand your frustration totally. :grouphug:
Sounds to me like the box isn't big enough for Maks' liking. Why not get a large storage box and cut a hole in the side. That way you have a cheap, workable covered box? Just a thought.

ancientgirl
October 13th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I understand your frustration totally. :grouphug:
Sounds to me like the box isn't big enough for Maks' liking. Why not get a large storage box and cut a hole in the side. That way you have a cheap, workable covered box? Just a thought.

I don't think it's high enough for his liking. :laughing:

I think that's what I'm going to have to do. I'll have to go out this weekend and see if I can find something. My dad can help me cut a hole in the side, he's got big boy tools. My only problem is finding a box that will fit where I currently have the upstairs one. I keep it under the vanity, which is perfect because it's out of the way. But, I may just have to deal with something that is sticking out from underneath. At this point, I don't care. I just need to contain that pee!

14+kitties
October 13th, 2010, 01:50 PM
This one would be perfect. Or one similar in size. I bet WM has a ton of them. I got my biggest ones at Canadian Tire. They hold two and a half big bags of bird seed or five bags of Kirkland Cat food. One like that it would be easy to cut a hole in the side at the height you need it. You could do it easily with a strong pair of scissors or a good exacto knife.

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?Prod_ID=RP091418

ancientgirl
October 13th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks! Yep, that would work. They have them at Target. I used to get them but not so high, and use as litter boxes. But this one should fit in the space and the height looks like it's what I need. I have to change their litter this week so I may just get one of these on Friday and see how they like it.

pattymac
October 14th, 2010, 01:44 AM
I got the boys this HUGE litterbox, it's about the size of a baby tub! Holds a 30 pound bag of litter! Of course, Nino still prefers the smaller box for pooping in, so he usually poops over the edge :( His butt's too big to fit in a normal large box. I got this box from Petsmart, although a baby tub would likely work as well.

ancientgirl
October 14th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I got the boys this HUGE litterbox, it's about the size of a baby tub! Holds a 30 pound bag of litter! Of course, Nino still prefers the smaller box for pooping in, so he usually poops over the edge :( His butt's too big to fit in a normal large box. I got this box from Petsmart, although a baby tub would likely work as well.

Oh man, I have to say I'd prefer it to be poop that Maks did over the side. :laughing: A baby tub is another good idea. I never thought of that. I'd have to get 3 of whatever I get though, because they all share boxes. That's one thing I can be thankful of.

Rio'sMadison
October 18th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I use one of those great big under-the-bed sweater-type storage bins :) I keep a covered one upstairs too or Gypsy the stray just goes where she pleases. That's been a battle that lately I have been winning, though.

:pawprint: