Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The last of the nip for this year

14+kitties
October 13th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I brought in the last cat nip for the year. We had a good frost last night :( and that just about did it for most of the plants. Funny I didn't have any get seed this year. Sorry Jim. :o
Anyway, a few pics of silly kitties enjoying the nip.........
Mittens, Timmy, Meowzer and Dart in the middle of things.
A fuzzy Dart moving too fast to get a clear pic.
TT had his nose right in the midst of everything too.

14+kitties
October 13th, 2010, 11:46 AM
A very zoned out boy!
Dalye trying to figure out what the big deal is. Although she got hers later when the boys moved away. :laughing:

Love4himies
October 13th, 2010, 11:47 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: I picked a large piece off for the cats last night and brought it into the house.

I didn't get any seeds this year either :shrug:.

Love4himies
October 13th, 2010, 11:48 AM
That TT knows how to do it right :thumbs up :cloud9:

rainbow
October 13th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Awww, such cute pics .....love the last pic of Dart. :D

My cats have never liked the dried catnip .....is the real plant more enticing to them?

14+kitties
October 13th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Awww, such cute pics .....love the last pic of Dart. :D

My cats have never liked the dried catnip .....is the real plant more enticing to them?

The real one kitties love to eat. I have some though that just turn their heads away from the nip. Some kitties just don't care for it. Sort of like people and booze I guess. I could care less if I ever tasted alcohol again. :shrug:
Usually nurseries have catnip for sale or you can buy a pack of seeds and grow some. It's cheap. See if your kitties like it that way. :thumbs up

rainbow
October 13th, 2010, 02:03 PM
The real one kitties love to eat. I have some though that just turn their heads away from the nip. Some kitties just don't care for it. Sort of like people and booze I guess. I could care less if I ever tasted alcohol again. :shrug:
Usually nurseries have catnip for sale or you can buy a pack of seeds and grow some. It's cheap. See if your kitties like it that way. :thumbs up

I think I've seen it for sale here or maybe it was catmint. :shrug: I'll double check next year and give it a try. :thumbs up

chico2
October 13th, 2010, 04:27 PM
adorable pic 14+,my cats will eat it too,it's their salad:laughing:
i usually bring it inside before the frost and hang it to dry,they like it dried too.

rainbow,i bought some catmint one year,my cats did not bother with it,most nurseries sell nip in little pots in the spring.
they are perennials and will come back and spread every year.

Tundra_Queen
October 14th, 2010, 01:30 AM
14+ i grew it in pots this year and I only got around to cutting it twice. I was thinking of growing it in the house, but they saw the picture in my head of the pot always getting turned over. :laughing: So I changed my mind.

ownedbycats
October 14th, 2010, 12:55 PM
We got some catnip this year, and left it potted. It's grown like a weed! I find my cats enjoy it more if they get it every so often instead of every day. They look so funny with it. Misty licks hers until it is limp and full of holes.

rainbow
October 14th, 2010, 01:47 PM
rainbow,i bought some catmint one year,my cats did not bother with it,most nurseries sell nip in little pots in the spring.
they are perennials and will come back and spread every year.

Thanks for letting me know ....will definitely make sure I get catnip. :thumbs up

Does it need sun or shade? And, do you cut it back every year or just leave it?

Rgeurts
October 14th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Those pics are just too cute :lovestruck::cloud9:
I SO love that little Dart :flirt:
They're all precious, but he just steals my heart!!

TeriM
October 16th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Looks like a very good pawty at your house :laughing: :cloud9:.