Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Unusual Saturday Night dinner guests!

krdahmer
October 12th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Well I was up at the in-laws in Kincardine this weekend....and it is never dull let me tell you! Last visit it was racoons going from the bedroom to the kitchen and this saturday we had dinner guests of a different kind! :eek

They are just adorable! They were the little guys that were left orphaned in the spring when their mom was hit on the road... looks like they're making out just fine and still stop in for Holiday dinners!!! :laughing:

Love4himies
October 12th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Ummmm, that's a skunk in their house, not a kitty right? Are they aware that skunks stink when they spray :eek: :laughing::laughing:

So did they raise them?

krdahmer
October 12th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Oh and that orange guy in the first pic isn't Fagan, he stayed home....it's his doppleganger Joe, a kitty from two doors down who's just decided he likes living at my in-laws better so he never leaves! 69750

And it was so nice that the weather cooperated!

krdahmer
October 12th, 2010, 02:48 PM
no no, just sort of looked out for them, left food out back for them, they kind of hang around the stray posse and the racoons that frequent the yard.... they live out in the country so instead of trying to keep all nature out they just share their food, and welcome them all in! The little guys smelled a little but never once even threatened to spray! (they prob come in late at night as the in-laws leave the sliding door open until late for their kitties to come back in)

chico2
October 12th, 2010, 04:24 PM
i like your in-laws:laughing:
we had a couple of skunks here and they are such fun to watch,unfortunately one was hit by a car:(

Dee-O-Gee
October 12th, 2010, 08:27 PM
The little guys smelled a little but never once even threatened to spray!

I wish the skunks around my neighborhood were well behaved as your in-laws. :frustrated:

They are cute little creatures anyway. :)

kasey&roxie
October 18th, 2010, 03:49 PM
We had a mom skunk make her nest under our shed about 5 years ago. It was a battle between her and my husband, but she won out and stayed until her brood were old enough to leave.

I saw them the night they all left and those little baby skunks were the most adorable looking little critters. Too bad mom skunk had to spray around our house almost every night. Both of our neighbours had dogs at the time, we do not. I'm sure those dogs went through lots of baths !! :D

We just have bunnies in our back yard now and the cats love to watch them out the windows. We leave oats out for them in the winter and they love hanging out under the shrub protectors we put on our plants.

joeysmama
October 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM
The skunks are too adorable. Your in laws seem like very nice people. Too bad for me that in our family the in-laws are the stinkers, not the skunks. :laughing: