Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need a new vet!

ozball
October 12th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Any advice for an Edmonton vet. I rescued a stray male cat, took him to my vet and to the Spay clinic to be neutered. He has diarrhea but other than that is great, his name is Cosby he eats well plays with one of my other two cats. I go to the Glenora but they are very expensive, and am off work on stress leave. A very kind member offered to help and drive me to Spruce Grove but there's no way I could impose. I posted this question in the wrong place originally and am very sorry, but would really appreciate any advice. thank you so much.:fingerscr

Rgeurts
October 12th, 2010, 12:27 PM
ozball, it would be no imposition at all! please, make the appt. and I would be happy to take you there :) (if it can wait until Friday or Saturday, I'm free both days!)

Love4himies
October 12th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Dr Boisvert, if he still practising, in St Albert is an EXCELLENT cat vet. He saved Puddles' life, what a great vet.

ozball
October 12th, 2010, 12:31 PM
It's an hour drive!!!

Rgeurts
October 12th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I don't mind at all :)

pbpatti
October 12th, 2010, 01:39 PM
ozball, if Rguert is not able to help out I most happily will. pets.ca is a place where we can look out for each other. patti

Winston
October 12th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Pets.ca working their wonders once again!!!! You guys rock! :thumbs up

chico2
October 12th, 2010, 04:20 PM
ozball,you came to the right place,thank you for rescuing little cosby:grouphug:
we certainly have some wonderful members here:thumbs up

ozball
October 12th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Everyone has been wonderful! I am still smiling that people were willing to reach out to me and my kitties! Cosby pooped!!! We have an appt. tomorrow afternoon but at least I'm not so freaked out. He is a wonderful cat I'm the lucky one, now only if I could convince Tia my almost 4 year old calico! I am blessed to have such an amazing new support group, thanks guys! I didn't do the introduction was so concerned with Ozball, but hi and wish you all purrs, sloppy kisses, and that special look our beloved animal friends give us!

mastifflover
October 13th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Well I kind of feel like this is a second home. We have a great group of animal lovers here and when nobody else gets it when we have problems with our pets these people do. Welcome to our home away from home

ozball
October 13th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Good news & bad...

Cosby isn't out of the woods and still very underweight. I have two different meds for him, both oral. One am not worried about is tasty and similar to hairball remedy which he likes. The other I have to give twice a day from a syringe. Have never used syringes before and he's really stubborn with pills so this might be a fun week!
I was very nervous going in but had a list and a purpose, explained my situation (social anxiety) and must apologize to the staff of the Glenora. It isn't the cheapest clinic but they were extremely kind and answered all my questions. My faith has returned if only I could settle my nerves!~! Robyn & Patti thanks again for your concern and instant kinship! I love pets.ca!:thumbs up

Rgeurts
October 13th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Good news & bad...

Cosby isn't out of the woods and still very underweight. I have two different meds for him, both oral. One am not worried about is tasty and similar to hairball remedy which he likes. The other I have to give twice a day from a syringe. Have never used syringes before and he's really stubborn with pills so this might be a fun week!
I was very nervous going in but had a list and a purpose, explained my situation (social anxiety) and must apologize to the staff of the Glenora. It isn't the cheapest clinic but they were extremely kind and answered all my questions. My faith has returned if only I could settle my nerves!~! Robyn & Patti thanks again for your concern and instant kinship! I love pets.ca!:thumbs up

You are more than welcome ozball. And the offer is always open :)

I'm glad to hear it's nothing too bad! :goodvibes: for the little guy