Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Viggo

erykah1310
October 11th, 2010, 08:12 PM
I wasnt looking for another horse thats for sure but the second I saw the picture of this boy I had to go meet him... shouldnt have gone :wall: but did:cloud9:
He's a yearling, has never been touched by people until 2 days ago when my super horse trainer went down south to pick him and a Canadian up.
He's such a looker, I made an offer:loser: and he's mine :D
He's staying with my trainer for a month or so because he has no idea how to be around people and is terrified of us, but all in all is a really sweet boy.
So here he is.
Vitto the Clydesdale Paint cross who will one day be matched up with Miss Fe as a really nice little driving team.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Horses/viggo2.jpg

He does have one blue eye like Fe and its on the side that the pics are on, its not a full blue though
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Horses/viggo.jpg

marko
October 11th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Wow what a beauty Vitto is! Congrats Erykah

BenMax
October 12th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Absolutely stunning!!! Years ago I got my horse from a slaughter house. She was not halter trained nor had much human contact. I trained her myself at the tender age of 8 months and she lived until 28 years. They turn around pretty fast as I am certain you already know.

So glad for you!

Melinda
October 12th, 2010, 08:57 AM
beautiful!! same coloring as my first horse many moons ago!

Dog Dancer
October 12th, 2010, 10:35 AM
What a beautiful fellow he is. I sure hope he settles down and becomes the horse of your dreams. I'm sure with calm handling he will do fine.

Jim Hall
October 12th, 2010, 11:06 AM
lol well i would say read to her hwen she is hiding under the oh oh wait a sec that's for cats

man what a set of driving legs she has!!!

ancientgirl
October 12th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Definitely a handsome boy!

chico2
October 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM
erykah,he is stunning,looks really strong and at the same time cuddly(if a horse can be cuddly:laughing:i'm sure they can be),congrats:thumbs up

Love4himies
October 12th, 2010, 12:42 PM
What a beautiful horse :cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9: You are so lucky to have an opportunity to have horses.

JennieV
October 12th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Viggo or Vitto? LOL
umm, whichever, he is a LOOKER! he will be quite a pair to Miss Fe! :thumbs up

erykah1310
October 12th, 2010, 05:35 PM
erykah,he is stunning,looks really strong and at the same time cuddly(if a horse can be cuddly:laughing:i'm sure they can be),congrats:thumbs up
Some of them are actually very cuddly, Fe will walk up to you and rest her chin on your shoulder for no real reason other than to be with you and Calvin will walk up to you in the pasture and press his face against your body ( not the same way they do when they have an itch and plan to take your skin off with their faces) but very gently, and he will rub his face up and down slowly while you walk around together.
Horse cuddles are a bit different from kitty or puppy cuddles thats for sure, mostly because even though they are so serene while doing it, you always have to be on edge incase something spooks them and they bolt:laughing:

JennyV, it is Viggo, named after Viggo Mortensen, my super horse trainer's girlfriend picked out the name as she was planning on keeping him... until i showed up :o

JennieV
October 12th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Awwww, i thought it was for Viggo Mortensen, I hope that his name will bring you luck with this horse, Viggo is supposed to be quite the horseman...
Very cool!!

Dee-O-Gee
October 12th, 2010, 09:19 PM
He sure is a beauty erykah1310. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
October 12th, 2010, 09:39 PM
What a handsome boy, Erykah! He'll warm up to you quickly, I'm sure!! When will he finally get to meet the rest of his new herd? :D

erykah1310
October 13th, 2010, 04:43 PM
He will get to meet the rest of his family in about a month or so.
Fe is still yet to officially meet Calvin lol, they know each other over the fence but thats all, she cant be in a herd of just geldings because she takes over as boss mare and then is a real treat to work with. Shes in a different group to keep her knocked down in the herd.
Got an update on Viggos progress, today my trainer had him actually come up to his girlfriend which is a BIG step for him.
They led him over a bridge with no problems and took him in the barn for some much needed grooming and hoof cleaning/handling.
He did very well today and is gaining his confidence around people, Cant wait to go see him on Saturday

rainbow
October 13th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Gorgeous boy. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
October 13th, 2010, 10:11 PM
That's a great update, Erykah!!