Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need foster home for 2 yr. old Siberian Husky

jung huh
September 13th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Hi,

We have a beautiful 2 year old siberian husky. It's been a love and hate relationship for the last two years. Frankly, I have thought about giving her up for adoption many a times whenever her longing to run free in the wild took an unexpected turn. But time and again our emotional attachment to her stopped us from making inquiries. We even thought about getting another Husky to keep her company. Finally we decided it would be best if we could find a home for her where she can play with her friend.

If you are not sure, we can arrange a trial period so you can get to know her.
Very smart yet stubborn. House trained. Spayed and vaccinated with regular visits to vets.

**Adoption fee applies**

Writing4Fun
September 13th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Hi there. Where did you get your Husky? If she's from a breeder, you should contact them first. You're probably contractually obligated to return her to them. Another option might be taking her to obedience school and sticking with it through a few courses, not just beginner training. She's not too old to change her ways. Good luck.

Lucky Rescue
September 13th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Very smart yet stubborn.

But that's what huskies are like. They are runners too.

You need to tell us where you are, give us some contact information (Phone# and/or email addy) and please add that you are charging an adoption fee.

But first try Writing4Fun's advice about the breeder.

jung huh
September 14th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Thank you for your advice. The breeder is no longer in business and I am not sure how 'pure' Nara is. She has all the right trait such as the look, height, fur colors. Though she didn't receive any formal 'obedience' training, we did our best. I live in scarborough, Ontario. If anyone is interested, please send me a reply to jung.huh@emergis.com.

moontamara
September 14th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Jung huh, are you a gyopo? Your dog is named Nara, which means country in Korean, and your name (if it is a name and not just a screenname) seems pretty Korean too... just curious.

jung huh
September 14th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Yes I am 'Gyopo'. She was named after a popular singer. I am still trying to upload a picture of her....

Lucky Rescue
September 14th, 2004, 11:50 AM
I will be glad to list her on my Petfinder site. A husky, possibly mixed, with no training may not be the easiest dog to adopt out, but I will try!

I agree she would be better off in a home where someone understands this breed and will give her the training she needs.

I need a picture of her to list. Can you either post it here, or send it to me?
laurent376@hotmail.com

Luba
September 14th, 2004, 01:56 PM
So do I understand that you're not looking for a foster home as much as you are looking to REHOME your dog?
Please private mesg me I will assist you.

jung huh
September 14th, 2004, 05:26 PM
ttttttttttttttttttttttt

Luba
September 14th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Edited out

moontamara
September 14th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Ahhh, Jang Nara? I'm guessing the problem you're having with your dog is probably partly related to the fact that your parents didn't have a chance to grow up with pet dogs -- especially not such a large breed. I have some friends here in Korea who LOVE their dogs but don't have the experience to deal with the more difficult issues, as pet owning was relatively uncommon until recently. Anyway, good luck finding a new home for your pet. I'm sure it will be heart-breaking, but you're probably making the best choice for all, right?

Sneaky2006
September 15th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Did I miss something here?
I was reading over this thread and got lost real fast! :)

BamaRama
September 15th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Sneaky, I'm with you on that one! :confused:

Luba
September 15th, 2004, 09:46 AM
The owners are seeking to REHOME this dog they just worded it a little differently.