October 8th, 2010, 02:56 PM
So today I have just about had it. I put my poor dog after trying everything..........on steriods. Only to find her this morning with bleeding sores under her armpits. I would like to wean her off steroids and start all over again. Do not want her to continue if it's not going to work. Yes we've been seeing a vet regularly, no concluded allergies. I have called her as well to ask this. Then I'm going to put her on frozen raw, chicken only or another protein better? She is exploding from this treatment. :wall: So my question is how to wean her off, she's on one a day.
October 8th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Best to wait for the vet to call back and tell you the safest rate to wean your dog off. Depending on the circumstances, the dose and your dog's weight, it will vary.
Sorry she's having so many troubles! :grouphug: I hope you find some answers soon! :goodvibes:
October 8th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks Hazelrunpack. I talked to the vet tech, she will get the vet to call. Her own experience is "fall" is a bad season for allergies, even though it's been said that she has no "allergies". I'll talk to the vet for sure first, she's a great vet, and I'll try and wean her after the heavy frost sets in.