Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Max Went AWOL

Kitzivandamme
October 4th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I have been looking for my all black cat for almost two weeks. He bolted out the door on Thursday Sept. 23. I have been out looking for him, calling his name, shaking the treat bag. I have to be careful as I have a neighbour who frequently complains about me and I have been reported to Animal Services in Oshawa and to the Durham Humane Society. He walks his dog in my area so posters are not a good thing.

I live near Rossland and Harmony on Gentry Crescent.

Do you think it's too late to try a pet detective?

Max is about 3 yrs. old and has a long body, long tail, long legs and green eyes. He is very friendly.

shirley1011
October 4th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Put up posters anywhere you can! Don't worry about this guy.....print up some business card size handouts and give to everyone you see walking a dog and every neighbor so they have your information with them so they can call if they do see your kitty.
Don't give up....keep looking!

Koteburo
October 5th, 2010, 12:58 AM
I agree, don't give up :pray:
Another idea is to make those ads and put them in mailboxes. Someone in my area lost their cat since august and at the beginning they used posters but rain does not help at all so they put them in mailboxes. I had the same idea when I found Luna.
Also check on the website of your local city shelters for lost/impounded cats and keep checking every day in case someone took Max there (I assume his name is Max).
Business card ads size idea Shirley gave you is good. Or put ads in mailboxes, make photocopies and stick a hundred around your neighborhood or more.

Keep trying :D!

Best luck!

Kitzivandamme
November 1st, 2010, 01:33 PM
I put flyers in mail boxes about Max and only got one call, but that was referring to a different cat in my neighourhood. My husband thinks someone grabbed him and I am just hoping he's living in a different house in the area. Either way, I miss him terribly.