Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Blessing of the animals -

Chris21711
October 4th, 2010, 01:01 PM
There will be a tribute service in honour of the 102 animals killed by the OSPCA on May 11th 2010 to curb a ringworm outbreak......Followed by a blessing of the animals for anyone that would like to take their pets to be blessed:

Saturday, October 23, 2010
1:00 p.m.

St. Pauls Anglican Church
Church Street
Newmarket, ON

http://www.tributememorial.net/

Post approved by Admins

Petpainter
October 5th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Thank you for posting this information. If you haven't seen animals blessed it is really a hoot. Can't wait to see this one. Good thing you don't have to be religious LOL

Chris21711
October 19th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I'm just bumping this up for anyone who may have missed it and would like to attend.

BenMax
October 19th, 2010, 01:04 PM
This is so heartbreaking. :(

Petpainter
October 19th, 2010, 11:04 PM
I would like to thank you Chris for posting this message. I tried to figure out how to post you privately but didn't see any access. I am the organizer of the Memorial and Blessing of Animals. It it building up to be quite a day. Between the Memorial for the 102 animals, the Blessing plus the emotion, the fun of the animals and entertainment of the star attraction it is going to be terrific. It is all free but I would ask anyone who wishes to have the pet(s) blessed they register through the website. Again, there is no charge it just helps us keep control of the plans.
I hope if you are able to join us you will seek me out and introduce yourself.

Thank you again. - Lynn

Chris21711
October 20th, 2010, 10:06 AM
I would like to thank you Chris for posting this message. I tried to figure out how to post you privately but didn't see any access. I am the organizer of the Memorial and Blessing of Animals. It it building up to be quite a day. Between the Memorial for the 102 animals, the Blessing plus the emotion, the fun of the animals and entertainment of the star attraction it is going to be terrific. It is all free but I would ask anyone who wishes to have the pet(s) blessed they register through the website. Again, there is no charge it just helps us keep control of the plans.
I hope if you are able to join us you will seek me out and introduce yourself.

Thank you again. - Lynn

Since you are a new member I believe you have to have more posts to private message....Marko the site owner can arrange for you to message me privately.

Chris21711
October 24th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Here are a few pics from Saturday's event:

Chris21711
October 24th, 2010, 01:08 PM
A couple more....it was estimated that approx 50 people attended. I really should have gone since I only live 20 mins from Newmarket :o

hazelrunpack
October 24th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Who took the pics if you didn't go, Chris? Looks like the weather cooperated!

luckypenny
October 24th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Lovely photos. I especially like the one with the Berners and the Chi :cloud9:. I imagine it must take quite the bit of organizing to get 50 dogs in together in one place.

Chris21711
October 26th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Who took the pics if you didn't go, Chris? Looks like the weather cooperated!

One of the event orgainizers Hazel.....the day weatherwise was superb :thumbs up

Lovely photos. I especially like the one with the Berners and the Chi :cloud9:. I imagine it must take quite the bit of organizing to get 50 dogs in together in one place.

And One Horse :D....Prince the Horsie :cloud9: