Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Way to go Calgary Animal Services!

TeriM
October 3rd, 2010, 09:05 PM
It appears that Calgary's animal services and policies are beginning to impress others south of our border. It has been noted many times on this forum how progressive and successful their animal control policies are and now they will be presenting at the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary "No More Homeless Pets" conferance in Las Vegas.

http://blogs.bestfriends.org/index.php/2010/09/30/no-more-homeless-pets-conference-spotlight-on-bill-bruce/

Etown_Chick
October 3rd, 2010, 09:16 PM
Whoohooo!
Lots of good stories coming from the Calgary shelter. And I do love Best Friends (the DogTown people).
THanks for the good news update.

cassiek
October 4th, 2010, 12:54 AM
That is great news! :thumbs up

Calgary sure sets the bar high... can not believe some of the #'s I read in that link! WTG, Calgary! :highfive: :grouphug: :)

kathryn
October 4th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Didn't even realize the conference was coming up. My friend just moved out to Vegas a few months ago and recently got a job with I think it's the Las Vegas Animal Services (or something similar) and she's an adoption counselor :thumbs up So I'm going to see if she is going and maybe we can get the scoop on what goes on there.

AnneCS
October 4th, 2010, 09:53 AM
For those that haven't seen his fantastic presentation, here is Bill Bruce of Calgary's Animal Services presenting to County of Santa Barbara:

http://sbcounty.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=5&clip_id=766&publish_id&event_id=%2F%2F

Chris21711
October 4th, 2010, 11:10 AM
He was at the THS advising them recently. Hopefully they do learn from him.

It would be nice if the OSPCA would take the opportunity to learn from him, instead of turning to people in the US for advice.

Koteburo
October 7th, 2010, 04:37 AM
I, myself had an experience with Calgary Animal Services with a happy ending. They helped me find Luna's original owners. A kitty cat I found, I gave my name for adoption if no one claimed but they kept trying and found her owners. I was sad to say goodbye but very happy she went back home.

marko
October 7th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Awesome Calgary! Way to go! :highfive:

mastifflover
October 7th, 2010, 10:03 AM
He was at the THS advising them recently. Hopefully they do learn from him.

It would be nice if the OSPCA would take the opportunity to learn from him, instead of turning to people in the US for advice.

That would be great why go south of the border when we have a great model right here in Canada. Three cheers for Calgary

Jumajum
October 7th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Way to go Calgary! I am so happy people are finally recognizing that this pro-active approach.

Cheers!