Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Goodbye Briar (1997 -2010)

Sylvie
September 30th, 2010, 10:57 PM
We had to say goodbye to our :angel: Briar yesterday. The last few weeks were filled with hope and despair. When we got home Tuesday night our boy would not get up. Hubby carried him outside.

When he came in all he wanted to do was sleep. His little feet were so cold. His circulation was getting really bad. We had no choice but to let him go.

Briar was always happy being outside looking around at everything. This picture was taken a few years ago when he could still see. Even though he was blind, he would still walk around the yard up until last weekend.

Rgeurts
September 30th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Oh Sylvie :cry::(:grouphug:
I'm so sorry. He was such a sweet :angel2:
I know there isn't much anyone can say to ease the pain, but I know you loved him and gave him a wonderful life.

I'm so, so sorry for you and your family.

:rip: sweet boy :candle:

loopoo
September 30th, 2010, 11:08 PM
i am so sorry my condolences to you and your family, what a beautiful soulful boy...
:rip: Briar
:angel2:

diandpat
September 30th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Oh Sylvie, heartbreak hotel :( I am truly so so sorry for you. You all certainly tried your best to give him every chance. Sooner or later their little bodies just can't go on :( He was really such a beauty (tho I am partial to senior goldens :cloud9:) :grouphug: to you and your family

:rip: sweet Briar running young whole and healthy again at the Bridge watching down on your loving family :cry:

:goodvibes::grouphug:

14+kitties
September 30th, 2010, 11:40 PM
:candle::rip: Briar :candle:
I am so sorry for your loss Sylvie. :grouphug: Again, we cry along with you.

Winston
October 1st, 2010, 05:27 AM
Goodbye sweetheart Briar! I can honestly say that Briar was a soulful dog! He had this way of making you laugh and smile! All I had to do was look at him and it would always bring a smile to my face. :cry:

He is gone but will NEVER be forgotten. Always remember you saved his life. I am so sorry for such a large amount of loss you and DH have faced this year. It has been very sad.

I will remember your precious boys face and his roo roo's.

Run free of pain precious boy! I hope your brothers and sisters greeted you at the bridge and that you are now romping around free of pain and whole again!

MF you know where I am ! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

RIP BRIAR :candle::dog:

Love4himies
October 1st, 2010, 06:34 AM
Oh Sylvie, I am so sorry, my heart goes out to you. :cry::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:rip: Briar, although I have never met you, your pic shows the kindness in you. :candle:

mastifflover
October 1st, 2010, 06:51 AM
I am so sorry for your loss What a beautiful boy. Briar is now pain free and back to the dog he was before he got sick. He will be watching over you.

luckypenny
October 1st, 2010, 07:08 AM
My deepest sympathies to you and dh, Sylvie. I'm so very sorry :(.

RIP Sweet Briar :candle:

BenMax
October 1st, 2010, 07:21 AM
So sorry to read.

My deepest condolences Sylvie to you and your DH. May you find peace and strength during this time.

Bless you Briar. Run free and rejuvenated dear boy.:rip:

breeze
October 1st, 2010, 07:22 AM
I'm so sorry Sylvie :(:grouphug:

run free sweet Briar :candle::rip:

Chris21711
October 1st, 2010, 08:57 AM
I'm so very saddened to hear of Briar's passing Sylvie. Losing two of your soul mates in such a short period of time, you must be devastated....:grouphug:

:candle: Sweet Briar :candle:

Frenchy
October 1st, 2010, 09:01 AM
I am so sorry Sylvie :( :grouphug: I know Briar had a wonderful life thanks to you.

rip dear Briar :candle:

marko
October 1st, 2010, 09:31 AM
I'm SO sorry for your loss Sylvie and so many of us know exactly what you are going through. We feel your pain and understand the devastation. :sorry:

What a beautiful picture of Briar.

:rip: sweet Briar :candle:

Sincerely Marko

JennieV
October 1st, 2010, 10:44 AM
:( what sad news.. :grouphug::grouphug:
So sorry Sylvie, may you both be comforted and know that you are not alone, that we all think of you at this dificult time.

:candle::rip: Briar

hazelrunpack
October 1st, 2010, 03:25 PM
Oh, Sylvie, I was hoping for a better outcome :cry: I'm so sorry for your loss of Briar :2huggers:

Rest easy, Briar, and wait with Greta and the others at Bridge.

:candle: Briar

Dog Dancer
October 1st, 2010, 03:35 PM
Sylvie so sorry to hear of your loss. Briar will be running pain free at the Bridge now until you are reunited. RIP sweet Briar knowing you were so truly loved.

quincymycat
October 1st, 2010, 03:36 PM
I'm so very, very sorry Sylvie.
:rip: :candle: Briar

Winston
October 1st, 2010, 03:39 PM
On my last visit in August I took some pics of the gang.. Here are a couple of Briar. Sylvie I know you wont mind.

hazelrunpack
October 1st, 2010, 03:43 PM
He's such a handsome, sweet boy! :angel: Oh, Sylvie, I know how much you miss him. My heart aches for you.

CsqU4r3d
October 1st, 2010, 03:50 PM
I am so sorry to read this post...one look at Briar's photos and you knew he was a kind loving soul...I know he will be sorely missed..my sympathy is with you and yours...:cry::candle::angel2::pawprint:

Frenchy
October 1st, 2010, 06:29 PM
On my last visit in August I took some pics of the gang.. Here are a couple of Briar.

Wow , he was such a beautiful boy ! Those older goldens have a special place in my heart.

aslan
October 1st, 2010, 06:56 PM
Sylvie i'm soooo terribly sorry to hear about your loss of Briar..Your heart must be just shattered..
:rip: Briar..

Sylvie
October 2nd, 2010, 07:26 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind and helpful comments. I am so glad I have this site to come to as I know most of you have gone through the same thing. I know you all know what I am going through.

Hubby is doing a Timmie Run and all I think of is that Briar won't be getting his timbit. He loved his weekend timbits.

I am comforted by the fact he is not in pain anymore. It is us who have the pain and I would rather have the pain than him. Sorry I am rambling, but I do miss him so much.

I know he is at the bridge trying to hump his sisters and his big buddy Chimo will be looking out for him. He had a funny habit of when he was happy he would put his head on one of the girls backs and start humping. He waited till they weren't looking and funnily enough none of them minded. They must have known he was harmless. :laughing:

Sylvie
October 2nd, 2010, 07:28 AM
HAZEL, I am so sorry that things are not going well with your FIL:(

I will say a prayer for you and your family.

rainbow
October 2nd, 2010, 01:20 PM
Oh Sylvie, I am so very sorry to hear about Briar. :2huggers:

I was really hoping that he would pull through and I know how hard this is for you to go through again so soon. :( My heartful condolences to you and your hubby. :grouphug: :candle:

the gang
October 2nd, 2010, 07:32 PM
what a beauty, my thoughts are with you in this sad time :candle: brenda and the pins

Sylvie
October 5th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Picked up Briar's remains today. He is home.

Still can't believe he is gone. :(

Love4himies
October 5th, 2010, 06:02 PM
:grouphug::cry: I am so sorry :(

Winston
October 5th, 2010, 06:19 PM
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: MF your boy is home! You will find peace...its just a matter of when

:candle:

Chaser
October 5th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Oh Sylvie I'm so sorry. He was such a sweet and memorable boy. I loved spending the day with him at Woofstock last year. :cry:

:candle:

growler~GateKeeper
October 9th, 2010, 02:48 AM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Briar :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

Sylvie
October 9th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Once again thank you everyone. I still can't believe he is gone.

rjolly1967
October 11th, 2010, 09:39 AM
:sorry: for you loss r.i.p.:candle: dear Briar