Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

as if sept has not been bad enough....

chico2
September 29th, 2010, 08:40 AM
yesterday,just by chance,while brushing vinnie i discovered little black thingies at the end of his tailbone,sure enough,it's flea-poop:yell:
i have not seen any live fleas and vinnie is white,should be easy to see,but i sent hubby to get some advantage for the cats..
i cannot wait for this terrible month to be over...first my boy rocky,then my broken wrist and now fleas:frustrated:

diandpat
September 29th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Oy, when it rains it pours, that's for sure :( Poor you Chico2...enough is enough. That is three for you so the bad luck is over. October will bring better times, I am sure :goodvibes:

Love4himies
September 29th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Oh no :grouphug::grouphug:. Hopefully you caught them early. Of course fleas also can mean tapeworm :yuck:

Hopefully this is it and next month will filled with nothing but good news :pray:

ancientgirl
September 29th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Oh man. Chico, I really hope this is it for the bad stuff. It's been such a difficult month. Hopefully, you caught the flea issue quickly and there aren't too many around. :pray:

Sylvie
September 29th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Aw Chico will it ever stop. Here's to you getting rid of the fleas in a hurry.

Next month is almost here. :goodvibes: for you.

krdahmer
September 29th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Stinkin fleas....they have a way of showing up at the worst possible times!:yuck: I too hope this is it for you for a while!:goodvibes:

14+kitties
September 29th, 2010, 10:46 AM
:grouphug::grouphug: Things will get better mf. :grouphug:
I have some Melbamax here if you want to treat for worms too. I can pop a couple into the mail for you.

chico2
September 29th, 2010, 11:02 AM
oh,i did not know about tapeworm and fleas:frustrated:
vinnie has been scooting for a while,i thought because of the fleas:wall:but maybe he has worms too... how do i know if has has worms,check the poop:confused:
i've never had a cat with tape-worm..
14+i don't want to bother you with that,you have enough on your plate,but thank's:grouphug:a

Love4himies
September 29th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Yup, check the fresh poop :yuck:. Jasper gets tape worm as soon as a flea lands on him :frustrated:.

Rgeurts
September 29th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Awww chico, I'm sorry! Seems everyone here has had more than a fair share of bad turns lately :(

heres hoping it turns around for you and there are no tapeworms! :pray: :goodvibes: :grouphug:

14+kitties
September 29th, 2010, 12:13 PM
It's no problem chico. I am heading out the door right now and will be going right past a mail box. Envelope is signed and sealed. Expect them in a few days. One pill each to your big boys. :thumbs up

Shaykeija
September 29th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Yep I feel for you. I found 1 stinking flea on Quincy so everyone here has to be treated.

chico2
September 29th, 2010, 03:39 PM
well,hubby picked up the advantage,the kitties were not very happy getting that stuff on them:cat:
14+,do i go to the vet to get some more,or is one pill enough?
thank you mf:grouphug:
i am hoping october will be a better month:pray:but the worst thing that happened in sept,was losing my soul-mate rocky:(

14+kitties
September 29th, 2010, 03:52 PM
well,hubby picked up the advantage,the kitties were not very happy getting that stuff on them:cat:
14+,do i go to the vet to get some more,or is one pill enough?
thank you mf:grouphug:
i am hoping october will be a better month:pray:but the worst thing that happened in sept,was losing my soul-mate rocky:(

Only one pill is necessary. It's in the mail. With the Advantage you shouldn't have to worry too much.
Things have to get better mf. :grouphug:

chico2
September 29th, 2010, 04:21 PM
thank you:grouphug:
things just have to get better from now on,for you and little benni too:pray:

chico2
October 2nd, 2010, 04:33 PM
thank you 14+got the pills friday:grouphug:
chico took his,no problem vinnie is another story:cat:
is there anything i can expect,like the runs or something like that:confused:

Winston
October 2nd, 2010, 06:03 PM
Chico I am so sorry your going through this...as for the tapeworm I do have experience with this and you will know if you see things on the bum area. This will be too much info I am sure :D but it will look like sesame seeds around the bum. As the worm exits is breaks into tiny segments. The kitty will begin to have a feroucious appetite but it will be very obvious if they have them.

Tabitha and Bomber had that when I first got them as kittens. The vet gave them one needle each to kill the worm and they were fine after.

Good luck mf.

Cindy

krdahmer
October 2nd, 2010, 09:38 PM
don't forget to treat the house too....those stupid flea eggs can lay dormant for something ridiculous like 7 months!!! (i myself learned that one the hard way)