Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lucky's Submissive Smile

luckypenny
September 28th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I've been trying for years to get a photo of this smile of his. It happens less frequently as time goes on but I managed this shot with Auntie Frenchy's help today.

I'll never forget the first day I returned from work after adopting him. This is how he greeted me at the top of the stairs :eek:. I won't tell you what was going through my mind at the time but, needless to say, am I ever glad I learned about submissive smiles :D.

(Btw, happy belated 4th gotcha day Lucky :cloud9:.)

chico2
September 28th, 2010, 05:27 PM
aaawww,lp,that 'smile'would scare the heck out of me:yell:
HAPPY FOURTH GOTCHA DAY,LUCKY:thumbs up

14+kitties
September 28th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Yep, that would do it for me!! :eek:
HAPPY FOURTH GOTCHA' DAY LUCKY BOY!!!

luckypenny
September 28th, 2010, 05:34 PM
that 'smile'would scare the heck out of me:yell:

:laughing: I nearly peed myself when I saw it the first time :o. Our old home had a split entrance so, when I walked in, he was level with my head.

Frenchy
September 28th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I managed this shot with Auntie Frenchy's help today.

yep , right after he bit my arm off :eek:

:laughing: naa , just kidding :p I still have my arm , just needed a couple of stitches :shrug:

:laugh: just kidding again :D

he comes to you wiggling his bum and smiling this way , it's really too funny :lovestruck:

happy belated gotcha day Lucky !

Love4himies
September 28th, 2010, 06:16 PM
HAPPY BELATED GOTCHA DAY, LUCKY

You are one lucky boy to end up in the LP household :lovestruck:

Winston
September 28th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Lucky Boy!

What a beautiful smile! :eek:

Tundra_Queen
September 29th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Oh my! Yep that would of freaked me out too LP. Glad it's just a smile. :D

diandpat
September 29th, 2010, 09:47 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: That Lucky!!!! Too funny. What a character.

Happy Gotcha Day you Lucky Boy!!!! Keep on smilin'!!!!

Marty11
September 29th, 2010, 11:56 AM
That's too funny. I had a dobe that did this, try and explain to people that he was happy????

Sylvie
September 29th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Too cute :laughing:

Happy Gotcha Day Lucky

and also Happy Luckpenny Got Lucky Day. Now say that 5 times fast :laughing:

BenMax
September 29th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Has it been 4 years LP? Wow - time goes by quickly.

You know LP - I knew that this was a match made in heaven.:D

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY LUCKY (you played the pathetic dog syndrome that day to a tee! Great Job!!!!:thumbs up

luckypenny
September 29th, 2010, 03:08 PM
yep , right after he bit my arm off :eek:

You're hilarious :laughing:.

You are one lucky boy to end up in the LP household :lovestruck:

I'm just as lucky :cloud9:.

That's too funny. I had a dobe that did this, try and explain to people that he was happy????

Lucky's only ever smiled at me that way and yesterday was the first time he's done it to someone else ie. Frenchy. If I saw that look on his face with a stranger, I'd tell them to run :eek: :D.

and also Happy Luckpenny Got Lucky Day. Now say that 5 times fast :laughing:

I couldn't get past three times :D.

luckypenny
September 29th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Has it been 4 years LP? Wow - time goes by quickly.

Does it ever.

You know LP - I knew that this was a match made in heaven.:D

Aw shucks...you're just saying that cuz I forgot to wash the "sucker" off my forehead that day :D.

(you played the pathetic dog syndrome that day to a tee! Great Job!!!!:thumbs up

:laughing:

Despite all his issues at the time, I wouldn't have traded him in for the world :lovestruck:.

BenMax
September 29th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Does it ever.

Aw shucks...you're just saying that cuz I forgot to wash the "sucker" off my forehead that day :D.

:laughing:

Despite all his issues at the time, I wouldn't have traded him in for the world :lovestruck:.

Big hug to you LP. :grouphug: While many would have given up..you never blinked an eye. Wuv you lots kiddo!:)

JennieV
September 29th, 2010, 07:09 PM
awwwwww what a stunning smile... in more ways than one.... I would be stunned to my spot if I saw him coming at me like that... LOL

Happy Lucky Day! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
September 29th, 2010, 09:52 PM
:laughing: Our first setter, Gauge, would smile like that, too! Brings back memories :cloud9: I always wanted a pic, but never was fast enough to capture it on film!

Lucky, congratulations on your 4th Gotcha Day from hazel and the Pack! :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :D And may you have many, many more!! :goodvibes:

luckypenny
September 29th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I always wanted a pic, but never was fast enough to capture it on film!

Lucky says he's glad he brought back a fond memory for you :). I was just thinking I should have taken of video of that instead. I don't like what the flash did; if his eyes weren't neon green, it would have been easier to tell how soft they are when he's smiling. His ears are flat against his head but his whole body wags with his tail :cloud9:.

TeriM
September 29th, 2010, 11:20 PM
:laughing: Love that pic :lovestruck:.

The first real submissive smile I ever saw was when I met my friend's pitbull :eek:. Kinda made my heart lurch a bit until she told me what it is and since then I find it hilarious and actually quite endearing :D.

rainbow
October 2nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
We used to have a dog that did that as well. :cloud9: I never knew it was called a submissive smile .....just thought it was too cute. :D

Belated Happy Gotcha Day !!!