Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

October 2010 photo challenge - Remembering pets that have passed on

14+kitties
September 28th, 2010, 03:42 PM
In light of all of our losses, recent and past, I would like to propose a slight twist to the monthly challenge. I would like us to post pics of our gone, but never forgotten, furries. I feel it is a fitting tribute at this time. :cloud9:

What a great idea.

What a wonderful idea :thumbs up

great idea

14+ great idea BUT I cant seem to do it right now...my eyes are flooded with tears!

14+ great idea BUT I cant seem to do it right now...my eyes are flooded with tears!

:grouphug: It's ok Winston. It isn't Oct yet and this has to be approved by Marko. I know what you mean. I have been thinking a lot lately about my boy and Bandit and Li'l Momma too with all the other losses. I thought this may be a fitting tribute to so many we have loved and lost. :grouphug:

14+ only did this so she could see us all cry again! I'm with you Winston, I get teary eyed very easily these days. But I have great memories of my old babies.

It has been a difficult past few months for many members here but, I think it's a wonderful idea to honor and share the memories of our past companions.

Oh I dont disagree at all I am just too emotional.....it is a fitting tribute!

Exactly what Winston said....tears flooding eyes, but it's a wonderful idea....and I will participate.

If it is the idea with the most support (and i hope it is) it will become October's challenge.

Even for those members that have not lost a pet, they could post pics of pets that were meaningful to them that belonged to other people (so long as they have their permission).

Thx for the wonderful suggestion 14+

14+,good idea,i was just thinking today,that i would like to post some pics of my rocky,from kitten-hood,to the end.
sure i'll cry,cry for all the babies we lost in the last while
but it will be a way to honor their memory and the good times.

Exactly what Winston said....tears flooding eyes, but it's a wonderful idea....and I will participate.

If it is the idea with the most support (and i hope it is) it will become October's challenge.

Even for those members that have not lost a pet, they could post pics of pets that were meaningful to them that belonged to other people (so long as they have their permission).

Thx for the wonderful suggestion 14+

Thank you Marko. I in no way wanted to hurt anyone. I feel along with the pain there is healing. For all of us.

I agree. It will be painful for some (including myself) but it might also be cathartic and it will be a wonderful tribute to many many pets and hopefully bring back some loving memories. (Just call me Mr. mush today )

Again, beautiful suggestion 14+.

(Just call me Mr. mush today

with good reason Marko , this is still so soon for you. :grouphug:

I think it's a wonderful idea 14+.

And isn't October call the month of the deads ? To celebrate them ? I think I heard that somewhere .... because of how Halloween came to be a "holiday".

14+ great idea BUT I cant seem to do it right now...my eyes are flooded with tears! :candle:

Oh Winston :cry:

I think it's a great idea and would love to participate in the October challenge. Count me in.

And isn't October call the month of the deads ? To celebrate them ? I think I heard that somewhere .... because of how Halloween came to be a "holiday".

Halloween=All Hallows Eve. There are many different versions, one is this:

It is commonly linked to the Feast of Samhain (the end of summer) on Oct. 31, to honor the dead

It's my favorite holiday.

I too think it's a great idea,,Winston and anyone else that it might be abit too much for right now,,if you'd like let me or one of the others know and we can find a picture and post it for you..

Halloween=All Hallows Eve. There are many different versions, one is this:

It is commonly linked to the Feast of Samhain (the end of summer) on Oct. 31, to honor the dead

It's my favorite holiday.

Thanks Rgeurts :thumbs up then this challenge is perfect timing !

That's what I figured but Rgeurts explained it so much better than me. :o

Great idea, I'm in.

I too agree it would be a good idea.

I love all my past and present babies so much. It would be great to put up a picture of them.

Thanks for the suggestion 14+.

Yes it is!!

That's what I figured but Rgeurts explained it so much better than me. :o

You explained it perfectly:

"I would like us to post pics of our gone, but never forgotten, furries. I feel it is a fitting tribute at this time."

I would be honored to participate :).

Through remembering there is healing. :grouphug:

Very well said 14+. :grouphug:

Thanks for the amazing suggestion 14+ and I see you have already posted first. beautiful memories :)

14+kitties
October 1st, 2010, 10:00 AM
Well, it seems this challenge has a lot of support. :cloud9: I sincerely thank all of the members who expressed support. Through remembering there is healing. :grouphug:
May I please be the first to post pics? Believe me, going through my pictures to find some of kitties that were a very important part of my life was painful. Even now I am choked up.
But this thread does not have to be a sad one. We can celebrate their lives and rejoice in the fact we got to share it with them; no matter for how long.

Bandit - my sweet little baby who loved to lie beside me at the computer and sleep. I adopted him to a new home early November of 2008. In January I was told the very distressing news that he had been pts on Christmas Eve. :( I often wonder what his outcome would have been had I not let him go. :rip: baby
And my Brownie boy. That marvelous nose of his earned him his name. I lost him this past April to liver disease. He was not quite 3. He was, as the vets called him, the mystery cat. No reason found for his liver issues. I tried for a long time to "make him better". I couldn't.
This picture was actually a malfunction on my camera but I like the effect. It looks like he is looking down at me from above. :cloud9:
One of my favourite memories of my sweetie. He loved that chair in the Catuary.
I am still looking for one of Li'l Momma. I know I have a few of her. Not many. She was a very fast little feral. :cloud9:

JennieV
October 1st, 2010, 02:03 PM
This is a wonderful idea... I am doing this with a bitter-sweet taste in my mouth, but I am at peace now. I know I did the right thing by letting him go.

Here's my buddy of 16 years, who's been there through it all, who moved to Canada with me bravely flying for 12 hours in a cage under my feet, who remained a gentleman till the last days of his life; dignified, loved by all; happy.

Tarzan, you've been gone for 2 years, but I will hold you in my heart forever. You'd like Sparky alot too, I know.

ancientgirl
October 1st, 2010, 02:20 PM
This is going to be a beautiful thread, and sad.

Love4himies
October 1st, 2010, 02:28 PM
Snowball, my precious boy who was my kitty soul mate for 14 years. No kitty will ever replace you, I miss you so much

Snowball as a kitten. We got him from Kingston Humane Society, he fit in my hand :cloud9:. They were doing an adoptathon at the local mall and he was one of the last kittens left :(. The volunteer opened the cage and he ran down the mall :eek:, this wee 6 week old kitten. DD said, mommy that's the kitten I want.
From the first night he came home until the last night :cry:, he slept beside me, both times struggling to climb up the bed. :cry:

Snowball at about 6 years old with Puddles. Puddles loved her boy :cloud9:

My beautiful boy :cloud9:

Love4himies
October 1st, 2010, 02:34 PM
Just one more of Snowball :o

Sweet Grizzly. I was ignorant to the dangers of allowing my cats outside to roam. You passed so young, I am so sorry.

I have had one dog in my life. Got him at a pet store before Puppymills were ever mentioned in the news. Tippy would like to keep all the children rounded up like they were sheep, lol.

Frenchy
October 1st, 2010, 03:44 PM
JennieV , Tarzan makes me think of my Chloe :lovestruck: L4H , that family picture is so cute !

Ok , my turn. :( I never regretted adopting 4 seniors , but to have lost them all in a short period of time was extremely hard. I still think of them every day , and miss them so much. These dogs have made me a better person. :o they were all rescues and are the reason I started fostering.

Unfortunately , their pictures are mostly in my old computer that I never was able to put on a disc , I did keep the old computer , so that one day , someone can help me transferring those pics . These pictures of Daisy , Bailey and Sam are on my fridge.

Frenchy
October 1st, 2010, 03:49 PM
My little Chloe .... she was an "accident" :p I agreed to take this 12 yr old girl as a foster , based on a picture. They said she was a golden mix ... more of a Cocker she was. I fell in love with her the minute I saw her , and within 24 hours , she had already become a foster failure , she wasn't going anywhere ! I only had her for one year , she had developed Cushing's disease. I had to get up at 3-4 am every night to let her out to pee , cleaned pee incidents inside the house every day. And I would do it all over again if I could have her back.

14+kitties
October 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM
:cloud9: Beautiful pics! Just beautiful! :cloud9:

Dog Dancer
October 1st, 2010, 04:39 PM
What lovely pics. I will have to see if I can get any of my past loved furries pics scanned.

luckypenny
October 1st, 2010, 05:17 PM
Our perfect little Peanut, whom we inherited from my late FIL. Hope Grandpa Dee finds bbq chicken for you at Rainbow Bridge sweetheart :cloud9:. I miss you both.

My Matty. I would gladly go to hell and back for a second chance.

Sweet Toby, who was abandoned by his lifelong owner at his greatest time of need. It was my deepest pleasure to love you.

Love4himies
October 1st, 2010, 05:23 PM
What beautiful pics everybody :cloud9::lovestruck:. Oh how lucky we were to have such love in our lives :lovestruck:

Kalou
October 1st, 2010, 06:02 PM
These pictures are amazing and it's so nice to see everyone's fond memories of their loved ones.

ancientgirl
October 1st, 2010, 06:37 PM
What wonderful photos. The smiles on their faces are so beautiful. They all looked so happy and loved.

Frenchy, I love that photo of Chloe with the little coat.

Shaykeija
October 1st, 2010, 10:39 PM
Shayker..2001-2002 Renal failure

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n158/Shaykeija/177_9.jpg

Akeija 1988 to 2002 Old age..I miss my girl

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n158/Shaykeija/109_1.jpg

Sophie 1998 -2006 heart failure

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n158/Shaykeija/001_1.jpg

Dallas 1998 to 2004 Colon cancer

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n158/Shaykeija/156_18.jpg

Salsa..? 1998 killed by dog attack

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n158/Shaykeija/104_4.jpg

Charlie ? - 2002 went missing

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n158/Shaykeija/162_24.jpg

14+kitties
October 1st, 2010, 11:39 PM
Awww so sweet. Every single one of them. :cloud9:

chico2
October 2nd, 2010, 12:12 PM
what a wonderful tribute to so many beautiful companions we have loved and lost,they were all fortunate to have been loved by wonderful people,even if for some,it was only a short time.
i feel very teary right now,but i will pick some pics of my boy rocky..:(

erykah1310
October 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Bailey, we had for 2 years. I learnt a lot from him and I am so happy that he got to spend his golden years having fun as a dog
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/mar105.jpg

Puppy Man, another that we only had the pleasure to be with for 2 years. He had many health problems and despite our best efforts he lost his battle with HD
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Nikon/chewpup.jpg

Sandy, my first "rescue" of sorts. I had paid 2 beers for her at a bar off an alcoholic who would tie her outside the bar and sit inside drinking all day and night. He was abusive to her as well. After getting everything in writing and the bartender being witness to the sale I left with Sandy.
She was a great little girl and proved way too much for a college student. I had placed her with a very nice elderly gentleman who had just lost his Cocker Spaniel and begged to have her. He had her right up until the day she was put down due to heart failure. The nice old man had passed shortly after and a picture of his 2 cockers are on his tombstone.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/past%20pets/sandy.jpg

I cant find a picture of Max my lab mix, but I will dig one up...

Here is my first dog Petty, she was a stray that I spend 2 whole days playing with and my dad finally felt bad for both of us so said we could keep her until we found her home. She was our dog for 16 years. Quite possibly the best dog ever that walked this planet. I miss this girl so much still it isnt even funny.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/past%20pets/Petty.jpg

krdahmer
October 2nd, 2010, 12:42 PM
this thread is so beautiful....so many happy, very loved pets...:cry::lovestruck:

I have been fortunate to not have lost many, but those I have, well you know there's always that little spot of sorrow....

My first pet, a bunny named Thumper, I lost him when he was 11 (pts-very traumatic), he was an awesome boy....he'd let me cradle him in my arms and if i sang xmas carols he'd even fall asleep like that! :cloud9:

And Smoke's brother Ashes...he was only with us for two short short weeks, distemper:(. I loved him the moment I saw him...and still wish we had done more to try to help him. :rip:

krdahmer
October 2nd, 2010, 12:48 PM
This is Ebony, my in-laws boy, we lost him last winter to cancer...I was so upset, he had a lot of issues with people, but he'd let me brush him, and he gave the most adorable head butts! (we lost his brother Ben too the year before to the road outside their house- he used to drool on my lap while being petted! :lovestruck:- he looked just like Eb only smaller)

And I was so fortunate to have met Chico's Rocky:cry:...such a sweet sweet handsome boy.... :lovestruck:

chico2
October 2nd, 2010, 12:55 PM
i hope you excuse me,but i must have hundreds of pis of my cats it was hard to chose..
it was strange,i went in to the kitchen after looking at many pics of rocky and for a second i saw him laying on his favorite chair,but of course he was not.
well,here is my sweet boy,whom i lost less than a month ago,to thyroid-cancer.
he lived life to the fullest,loved to come outside with us,he was my soulmate,my comfort and i loved and miss him very much...

i have lost many animals over the years,but rocky was very special

chico2
October 2nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
a couple more.....

Kalou
October 2nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Here's a picture of my Owen who left us way to early but we love him so much and we are glad he is out of pain now.

Rgeurts
October 2nd, 2010, 06:18 PM
I don't have any pics to add to this thread, the pics of all my lost loves are back at my house in the states. But looking at all these beautiful, happy little faces just brings tears to my eyes. Such lucky little babies to have had such wonderful homes. :cloud9::lovestruck:

Goldfields
October 2nd, 2010, 10:05 PM
I started breeding Australian Cattle Dogs back in the 70's so here are some of my early ones, gone to God.
Blue-Boy, determined to protect me with his life. I cried for a week after we lost him, I couldn't go near his grave till the grass grew back over it, and I still get teary thinking about him. A pretty dog with a coat like a seal. Miss him like he only died yesterday instead of in 1979.

Goldfields
October 2nd, 2010, 10:20 PM
This is Snoopy, the best ACD girl in the world. Also answered to "Lovie". Daughter of the first Aust. Obedience Ch. for this breed and it showed. Super intelligent, a brilliant worker on cattle or poultry - we used to let her put the chickens away each night - she was a wonderful guard dog, a smiler, a pacifist - we can't recall her ever being aggressive to other dogs and she used to try and stop fights between others here - we always thought she was worth her weight in gold. She was here for 14 1/2 happy years, how could you not miss her.:(

Rgeurts
October 2nd, 2010, 10:25 PM
Kalou, what a darling little piggy he was :lovestruck:
I see how easy it would be to fall in love :)

Lukka'sma
October 2nd, 2010, 10:28 PM
My angel, Lukka
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/DSC_0435.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/lukka013.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/P1010222.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/04280029.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/2006_1220Lukka0030.jpg

Goldfields
October 2nd, 2010, 10:34 PM
My first lovely red boy, Rusty. A bit more dingo in this dog than there should have been I suspect and it showed in his temperament. He was a top notch personal guard dog, an excellent worker but he bit hard, a dog you needed to respect even as his owner, while strangers would be bitten if they didn't wait for him to decide when he wanted to let them touch him. All in all though , it was a pleasure to have in in our lives for nearly 10 years, poor lad had to be pts due to cancer.

14+kitties
October 2nd, 2010, 10:52 PM
Oh Lukka'sma, how you must miss her. :( I get teary eyed looking at her gorgeous face and remembering her. :cloud9: I don't know how you do it. She was one of a kind. :grouphug:

Goldfields
October 2nd, 2010, 11:09 PM
Wow, wasn't Lukka a beautiful and impressive dog!

I can hurry this along where mine are concerned by showing 3 together now. Candy on the left, Shady on the right, and Beejay behind them. Candy was another pacifist, not a fighter and doted on our little Chihuahua, BUT blotted her copybook somewhat by being a potential cat killer. If cats were on the ground beside her she was watchful but okay, if you picked one up she'd want to kill it. Still earnt herself the nickname of Dolly Dog and was much loved.

Shady was my heart dog, I adored her and grieved for her for years after we had her pts at over 15 years of age due to a stroke. My first Ch. in the showring, never bred from after having had Parvo as a pup(despite the 6 and 12 week injection). A bit enthusiastic about guarding, and a bit of a troublemaker :D but on the other hand if she met a young pup she would make milk overnight, and she did once try to adopt a lamb. Best girl I've seen for making pups behave themselves , short of harming them.

Beejay, Candy's daughter. Another lovely natured girl, so much that she ended up with a string of crazy nicknames. Buzzy Bee, Fuzzy Buzzy, Fuzzy Bear. :D Never bred from. Both she and her mother died at 14 . Wish I could have them all back.

Goldfields
October 2nd, 2010, 11:20 PM
Next angel is Sweetie, Candy's mum. The only ACD I ever had to obedience train just so I could live with her. Super hyper but very intelligent with it. The most wonderful mother, dare I say for such a ratty girl. :laughing: Pts at age 13 1/2 due to bladder cancer, poor darling. She's the only ACD I've owned that had no idea about working . Oops! No she's not, my 14 year old, Cuddles, hasn't a clue either. No instinct for it.Very strange.

Goldfields
October 2nd, 2010, 11:34 PM
This next beauty, a chocolate ACD that we fluked breeding, was one I bred and gave to my mother, then took him back after my mother had to go into a nursing home. She adored this dog, Milo, and was so proud of him because he was different. A very special dog for both mum and I. She lived alone, with confidence, while she had him, so he was the best present I possibly ever gave her. My sister trained him for her. It was heartbreaking to lose that link to mum, who passed away not long before he also had to leave us. I'll show this photo of Milo having his first ever hydrobath - like a spa for dogs, the water recycles via a pool pump and he thought the spray was sheer bliss.

Goldfields
October 2nd, 2010, 11:51 PM
Now, I can't think of the next boy without feeling such sadness for him. :( Trooper was given to me by a breeder who was too old to be breeding dogs and consequently she did not socialise them or care for them properly. He was locked in a shed until I got him at around a year of age, behaving, by then, like he'd suffered a nervous breakdown. Poor dog! He never fully recovered, though I know we gave him a happier life. This photo was taken the day a friend picked him up for me and she just had to wait for the dog to stop running around in circles so she could take it. I class him as a rescue and am glad he's at peace now. Bad me, but when his breeder died, my first thought was "Well, she won't traumatise another dog like that."

Twocents
October 3rd, 2010, 12:02 AM
This May, we lost Buddy to bladder cancer at age 18. He was a tiny kitten, probably too young to even be weaned, that the neighbours where we used to live left out in their back yard. We had to keep picking him up when he crawled through the fence to prevent our dogs from killing him. We did return him to them a few times. Their kids put him in their kiddie pool to watch him swim. The next time he crawled through the fence, my mom picked him up & he fell asleep in her arms, so she brought him inside. The neighbours never came looking for him. They got another kitten, probably a sister of Buddy's, that we also re-homed.

-

JennieV
October 3rd, 2010, 12:38 AM
Oh Lukka'sma, how you must miss her. :( I get teary eyed looking at her gorgeous face and remembering her. :cloud9: I don't know how you do it. She was one of a kind. :grouphug:

I was just thinking that, when I looked at the pics... Lukka was one of a kind.

Every single picture here tells of a special companion we had, and how blessed we were to have them. I feel sorry for people who grow up and live their lives without the joy of owning a pet. I wouldn't give it up, ever.

Love4himies
October 3rd, 2010, 07:06 AM
Lukka'sma. Lukka was such a beauty, I am so glad you posted on this thread. :grouphug:

Goldfields, Trooper was definitely a rescue and he was lucky to have you come to his aide. Don't feel guilty about your feelings towards that breeder, I am sure you are justified :grouphug:

Twocents: Buddy was meant to be yours, it just took a couple of hints to materialize :laughing: :lovestruck:

erykah: sounds like Sandy's life turned out very well. Thank goodness you were there. :grouphug:

Kalou
October 3rd, 2010, 02:30 PM
I think that this thread was a great idea. It was really hard to search for pictures to put up on here but it is so nice to see everyone's beautiful "children" who had such great homes and so much love given to them :)

aslan
October 3rd, 2010, 02:56 PM
Bishop....Our time together was far too short..any other pets from over the years are in photo form and my scanner isn't working.:(

TeriM
October 3rd, 2010, 09:02 PM
All of these beautiful faces were all so loved and are wonderful to see :lovestruck:.

This was my wonderful horse who guided me through my teenage years with fun and hard work. I have so many wonderful memories of our time together :lovestruck:.

TeriM
October 3rd, 2010, 09:11 PM
Our family dog "Brutus" who started me on a lifetime of loving labradors.

and my "Bud" who was the bestest cat EVER :lovestruck:.

TeriM
October 3rd, 2010, 09:18 PM
and finally my sweet girl Lucy who we just said goodbye to in August. The pain is still very fresh and I miss her so much but would never give away all our years together for anything :cloud9:.

Goldfields
October 3rd, 2010, 09:43 PM
What gorgeous animals you've had, TeriM. Your horse was beautiful and nice to see you enjoyed jumping. I loved it myself, though didn't compete. Lucy was as lovely when old as she was as a puppy, I have a big soft spot for the oldies even if they're not mine. Such a sad loss. :(

You can't help but smile at the first photo of your cat. It must have been a character. :)

TeriM
October 3rd, 2010, 10:28 PM
What gorgeous animals you've had, TeriM.
Thanks Goldfields, I can say they same about your crew. I especially love that pic of Milo :lovestruck:.

I have a big soft spot for the oldies even if they're not mine. Such a sad loss. :(

I've become quite pathetic since losing Lucy and must stop for cuddles with every old dog I see these days :o.

You can't help but smile at the first photo of your cat. It must have been a character. :)

He was a character :lovestruck:. He never met a heat source he didn't love even if it was just a warm lightbulb :laughing:.

Goldfields
October 4th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Milo was in 7th Heaven in the hydrobath, it seems to effect most dogs that way. Must be very relaxing.
Know how you feel about the oldies now. What I liked at shows was when strolling around I'd find someone who'd bought their dear old show dog from the past along for a day out. They always got so much loving from all the exhibitors, and rightly so.

That's very funny about your cat. LOL.

Marty11
October 4th, 2010, 01:56 PM
The very best nanny dog ever. Wish he was around to be a role model for all dogs.

marko
October 4th, 2010, 01:57 PM
What a beautiful beautiful thread everyone and yet so bittersweet :grouphug:

I'll try hard to post some of Zak soon and l'il Zig toward the end of the month.

Thx - Marko

mastifflover
October 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/mastifflover/Image003-1.jpg

Buddy the doggy love of my life. I miss you so much.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/mastifflover/Boo.jpg

Boo my sweet angel you got me hooked on Mastiffs

I miss you guys drool and all

We are all very lucky to have had such great dogs, cats and horses in our lives. I know my life has been better for it as I am sure you would all agree

chico2
October 4th, 2010, 04:54 PM
mastifflover,as devastating as it is losing our animals,i never,ever regret having them to love and care for.
buddy and boo were wonderful,i can so understand your love for them.

dahmer,thank you for including my boy rocky in your post:cat:

lukkas mom,lukka was one of those dogs,that made an incredible impact here on the forum,i think we will never forget beautiful lukka.

every time i check in here,i cannot help but cry,cry for all the ones we've lost:cry:

marko
October 6th, 2010, 10:35 AM
It is sad Chico2, but also nice to remember them and see their pics again.:grouphug:
Here's one of my Zak who passed just a few years ago.

Kalou
October 6th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Marco zak was such a beautiful cat, looks like he was very well taken care of :)

marko
October 6th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Thank you Kalou! Zak was such a wonderful cat, very calm and loving - I miss him terribly; thx for the comment.

marko
October 10th, 2010, 06:33 PM
here's another one of my sweet Zak. Took this one for the cats in drag challenge a few years back. What a great poser he was. :cat:

ancientgirl
October 10th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Oh Marko, he looks absolutely adorable! :laughing: He also looks like he's plotting some serious revenge.

Love4himies
October 10th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Awwww Zak what a great sport you were :cloud9:

chico2
October 11th, 2010, 09:23 AM
i think you can see in his sweet face,how patient and loving he was:cloud9:not only did he have to wear a dress and a bow,but it's pink...:cat:

marko
October 11th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the comments - he really was the sweetest cat. Although he 'looks' like this was torturing him...I recall that he purred throughout all of the costuming. He just LOVED to be near us and normally purred when he was.
Thx again!

Winston
October 16th, 2010, 07:45 AM
What wonderful pictures :thumbs up

Its taken me awhile to be able to do this but I am hoping someday I will look back and be able to smile and not cry!

Its only been 3 months since I lost my baby boy and I cannot tell you how much it hurts me every day! I miss Bomber so much its crazy.

Anyway here are 2 of my fav pics! One showing the look in his precious eyes that I loved so much. The other one of him laying down reminds me of the first day he finally felt at home enough to lay out like that with his tummy exposed. That took 9 months!

RIP my sweet boy :cat:

Cindy

Love4himies
October 16th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Awww sweet Bomber :cloud9::lovestruck:, what a beauty he was :cloud9:

chico2
October 16th, 2010, 08:50 AM
winston,i know exactly what you mean and bomber was a beauty for sure:lovestruck:
i have rockys pic as my pc-wallpaper,in my gold-locket,on the fridge and his ashes in my bed-room,where i talk to him.
i have a really hard time letting go...:(still miss him every day as i am sure you do bomber:grouphug:

ancientgirl
October 16th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Winston, that photo of Bomber waiting for his tummy to be scratched is precious.

Winston
October 16th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Chico I have Bombers pic as my wallpaper on the computer and I just cant change it...I guess it will be there forever now! I also talk to him everyday and so wish he was still here for nose kisses and fetching the ball like a dog! there will never be another like him for our family!

I keep praying that Rocky, Bomber and all the others are playing together free of all their pain!!

chico2
October 16th, 2010, 04:57 PM
same with me winston,i will never change that wallpaper,i pet the screen and his pick every time i turn the pc off,i don't think i'll ever stop missing him,he was my soulmate,it's very difficult:(

Dee-O-Gee
October 19th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Been meaning to do this for a couple weeks and finally made the time to gather pictures. Here goes.....

My mother (a very young one at that) with Great Grandma LaBute's pet skunk. His name was Pepe. Pepe LaBute!:laughing:

My brother and I with our GSD Penny. She was a beautiful watch dog.

This was Sandy. When it came to feeding time, he would carry his bowl around the house until someone stopped to feed him. My parents use to feed him those old Gainsburgers! They were individually wrapped and looked like a hamburger patty. BTW...that's mom again in the window with our cat Fluffy.

Dee-O-Gee
October 19th, 2010, 09:10 PM
This was Coco. Our beautiful Dalmation with symmetrical eyes and a couple of dalmation wannabees! :D

And last but not least, our beautiful Bailey.
:angel: She passed away last year at the age of 13. :angel:

rjolly1967
October 20th, 2010, 12:47 AM
gosh I miss my Angel so so much it still hurts so much :cry:
now you can run and play at rainbow bridge :angel2:

rjolly1967
October 20th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Some of my fav pics of her playing with her toys she use to pick them up with her paws and throw the toys in the air and catch them on her back :)

she loved to run outside on the farm,

and this is the whole family
RIP ANGEL 1996-OCT 2 -2010:candle:

shirley1011
October 25th, 2010, 09:20 PM
69925 Boots ...our funny kitty..miss you everyday!

shannon1233A
October 26th, 2010, 08:40 AM
This was shannon, some of the older members may remember as it was she who brought me to Pets.ca, and the reason I left as I used her name as my username, and it was just too painful when she passed. She then inspired me to come back with the donations offer, so we've come full circle, and even after 3 years next month, she still and will forever influence my life. We were never apart a single day in all her 14 years.

14+kitties
October 26th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Shirley - my gosh! Look at Boots! :cloud9: What a love bug!!
and Shannon - what a beauty she was. I can fully understand how much pain you feel P. :grouphug:
I have stayed away from this thread for obvious reasons :( but when I am ready would love to be able to come back in and add Demi's pictures. I don't have many because she was so very young and I only had her for three months but I would still love to honour her memory here.
Wonderful pictures everyone. This thread holds so many many memories. :cloud9:

chico2
October 26th, 2010, 05:03 PM
shannon,shannon was a beautiful pup,love her darkish face she had 14 wonderful years i am sure:grouphug:
shirley,boots looks so funny the way he sits,i am sure he was quiet a character:lovestruck:
i check in here quiet often and i think it is a wonderful way to honor the ones we've lost,but i cannot help it,i am sitting here crying,why can't our animals live as long as we do:cat::dog::pawprint:

Goldfields
October 26th, 2010, 08:05 PM
What a lucky dog, and a beautiful one Shannon was. That's a perfect life, never being a day without her owner. Even my husband, who argues against me having a GSD every time I mention it, thinks she had a lovely face.

shannon1233A
October 27th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Thank you everyone :) I chose that pic, as it's my favorite, one taken during her happiest times playing with the hose, she loved grabbing the water as it sprayed out, she was young in that pic. At the end, all the black in her face had turned gray, we turned gray together. She was still amazingly beautiful :) tears flow again. Rest in peace my beautiful baby, till we meet again.:candle:

doggy lover
October 27th, 2010, 03:27 PM
first pic is of Travis my bernese mountain dog x german shepherd, it was so heartbreaking losing him to bone cancer at 9 1/2 years old I still miss him so much every time i go to my cottage I go visit his grave...the second pic is Patches she was 14 and passed this summer after 6 years she is finally with her friend Travis again :rip:my dear friends until we meet again on Rainbow Bridge:angel::angel2:

wdawson
October 28th, 2010, 07:33 PM
George , he was 18yrs when he passed this year :(

ancientgirl
October 28th, 2010, 07:39 PM
George was definitely a handsome fellow.

Love4himies
October 28th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Nice to see you again papaD. George was certainly a beautiful dog :cloud9::lovestruck:

shirley1011
October 28th, 2010, 08:15 PM

Sable...gone but never forgotten wherever you are

Love4himies
October 28th, 2010, 08:23 PM

Sable...gone but never forgotten wherever you are

:cry: Awww, Shirley, I was always so hopeful that you would find her.

Dogastrophe
October 28th, 2010, 08:53 PM
My pal Monty. Passed away 4 years ago this month; miss him everyday. :rip:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/2005_0710Image0053.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/2005_0415Image0049.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/2005_0710Image0072.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/Dogastrophe/2005_0514Image0017.jpg

chico2
October 29th, 2010, 08:57 AM
shirley,i never gave up hope you'd one day get sable

back,so very sorry that did not happen:(
wdawson,i remember sweet old george,what a wonderful long life he had.
monty,a scruffy sweet little boy:rip:

Winston
October 29th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Awe theres beuatiful Sable! I so wished he would have made it back to you!

WD nice to see you! George looks so graceful in that first pic!

Nice pics everyone! :thumbs up

shirley1011
October 29th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks...you folks helped me thru one of the toughest times! and for that I thank you all.

14+kitties
October 31st, 2010, 10:05 AM
Today is the last day for this challenge. I just wanted to thank everyone who participated in it. Our pets deserved their moment of remembrance. :cloud9:

It has been two weeks today, in fact almost to the minute, since I lost Demi so unexpectedly during her spay surgery. She may have only been with me for a few months but still I feel her loss so much. :( I'm sorry I can't bring myself to look for pictures of her to post. :candle::rip: baby Demi :candle:

Thank you again everyone for posting in this thread. I think it is amazing. :cloud9::grouphug:

diandpat
October 31st, 2010, 10:32 AM
I did not want to post in this thread earlier as with a 16 yr old dog you just never know what tomorrow holds. Luckily she is still here today so I thought I would honor two of the dogs that got me over my intense fear of dogs and actually made bringing Ginger into our lives possible.

The husky is Tanya (Tantan). It was Pat's family dog when we first met and boy was she jealous of me LOL She used to jump on my shoulders when we were kissing goodnight and I would freeze. I slowly started brushing her and we would take her for walks after dinner and before you knew it we were in love with each other. Seems impossible that I could ever have been afraid of her. She died about 15 yrs ago of generalized cancer :( at only ten years old. We often comment on how Ginger has some of her personality. Still miss her to this day :cloud9:

The bichon was my sister's dog Keeper. Could never have been afraid of him...he loved me too much from the get go (pig's ears helped too :D ) He was THE sweetest dog...loved a party and being around the family. He went to the Bridge 2 1/2 yrs ago (on Ginger's bday) at 16 yrs old and we all still miss him like crazy.

This has been such a beautiful thread and has brought many tears to my eyes hearing everyone describe their beautiful furkids. :lovestruck:

I do believe there is a Bridge and I know they are all looking down on their families smiling and knowing that everyone will be together again some day :angel2:

exkalibur
October 31st, 2010, 02:42 PM
Duke, faithfull long time companion :left us 6 years ago.

Patches : She was the Queen of the house for 16 years. She's still keeping Duke in line.....

chico2
October 31st, 2010, 04:46 PM
this has been a wonderful thread,although i cry for all the lost loved ones,i keep checking in here,thank's 14+for coming up with this very thoughtful idea for october.