Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Goodbye my sweet Ziglet

marko
September 28th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Through a wave of tears I regret to write that Ziglet went to the bridge last evening. He lost his battle with CRF. I went to Newfoundland 4 days ago and when i came home things had drastically changed and I returned to my sweet boy who looked terrible. It was his time. I didn't know it, and I got angry, ...I'm sorry for that. I thought he still had some months left in him.

But when I took him to the vet for testing, the tests had revealed the worst news possible. Heroic measures might extend his life by a month, but the quality of that life would be difficult for my already weak boy who stopped eating, drinking, and moving about with ease. We could not let him suffer further. To make me and my wife Carmy feel better the vet let us know that all the other vets in the office agreed with our decision. That did help a little bit.

I've never had to go through this before, but the procedure was very fast and done by a supportive vet with supportive colleagues. We drenched Ziglet's fur with our tears one last time and said goodbye.

This morning as a write this I'm still full of tears. My morning routine has changed, a member of my small family is gone. He's not at my leg now. He didn't meow for shower drops or treats this morning. He won't lie on my chest when I relax later this evening.

I guess the best thing to do is remember the good times. Remembering how he climbed me like a tree when we first got him. How he loved it when I rubbed the top of his head with my beard. How he always used to get a kitty-woody when he sucked on his blanket. How he always seemed to think our bodies were cat-beds perfectly designed for slumbering. How he used to lead us to the mat so we would whack his sweet butt a few times (puckering) and give him a great massage. How we often did our morning business together. How often we napped together. I'll remember all this and more.

Goodbye my sweet boy, hope you met your brother Zak last night and you're feasting on all the good treats at Rainbow Bridge. You shall always be loved and your memory never forgotten.

Here are a few of fun pics that Ziglet let me take over the years. Thanks for listening everyone :( .

breeze
September 28th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I'm so sorry Marko :( :grouphug::grouphug:

run pain free Ziglet :candle: :rip:

mikischo
September 28th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Marko, Ziglet was a beautiful boy and I am so sorry for your loss. We understand your pain.:grouphug:

You gave Ziglet a good life and he left this world knowing he was very much loved. He is now free from pain.

:candle: Run free, sweet :angel2: Ziglet :cat: :candle:

Love4himies
September 28th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I am so, so sorry, Marko :cry:, kitties are just so brave and don't show us they are in pain :grouphug:.

:rip: Ziglet :candle:

SIL
September 28th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Marko...my deepest condolences to you and Carmy...:grouphug:

:candle:Ziglet:rip:

luckypenny
September 28th, 2010, 08:02 AM
My heartfelt sympathies for both you and Carmy, Marko :grouphug:. I'm so sorry :(.

:candle: Ziglet :candle:

marko
September 28th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks so much everyone, your support is always greatly appreciated :grouphug:

14+kitties
September 28th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Oh Marko, I am so very very sorry. :grouphug: for you and Carmy. It is so painful to lose a member of the family. We grieve with you.
:candle::rip: sweet sweet Ziglet :candle:

the gang
September 28th, 2010, 08:27 AM
so sorry to hear your news, :rip: little one, brenda and the pins

Frenchy
September 28th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I am so sorry Marko :( you and Carmy did the right thing , :grouphug: to let him go before he would suffer too much. :(

RIP dear Ziglet :candle: may rainbow bridge be full of cat nip , yummy treats and lots of friends to play with.

bendyfoot
September 28th, 2010, 09:11 AM
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

pbpatti
September 28th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Marko and Carmy, :( I am so sorry to read about your dear Ziglets journey to the Rainbow Bridge. Trust that you did the right thing for him and he is now free of pain.:rip: patti

aslan
September 28th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Marko i know nothing any of us say will ease your pain just know we are all here for you and Carmy and grieve along with you..run free handsome Ziglet..:rip:

Monkey68
September 28th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Dear Marko,

SO sorry for your loss; it is always so hard to bear. I am glad that you had the support of the veterinary staff to reassure you about your decision; what you did was an act of kindness.

You will always have your memories to cherish.
Let time help to heal....

Dog Dancer
September 28th, 2010, 09:57 AM
My deepest condolences to you and Carmy, Marko. We all share your pain. What a handsome boy Ziglet was. Your wonderful memories will heal your broken heart in time. Run pain free sweet Ziglet, knowing how well you were and always will be loved.

Chris21711
September 28th, 2010, 10:33 AM
So sorry to hear that Marko...what a sad time on Pets lately :(

:candle: Ziglet :candle:

marko
September 28th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Much thanks for the continued comments everyone. Today is a VERY hard day, but this type of support helps. Thx again. :grouphug:

chico2
September 28th, 2010, 10:51 AM
marko,with the loss of my boy rocky,still tearing at my heart,i sympathize with you and carmy.
i am so very sorry.
although i know i did the right thing,the pain is no less,we miss their huge presence in our lives,so very much:(
:rip:beautiful,beautiful ziglet

ps.excuse me not using caps,i have a broken right wrist..

BenMax
September 28th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Marko. Our time with our beloved pets is very short but always remember that whatever time we do have makes such a difference to them and also us.

Strength and Peace to you and your family.

RIP little Ziglet. Run pain free and whole again.:rip:

Rgeurts
September 28th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Oh Marko :cry:
I'm so very sorry for you and your wife :(
Losing a member of the family is always heartbreaking.
Ziglet was a very beautiful boy.

:rip: sweet :angel2: Ziglet :candle:

sugarcatmom
September 28th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Oh Marko, my deep condolences on the passing of Ziglet. The pain in your heart must be pretty intense right now. Let the tears flow freely, we all understand. :grouphug:

:candle::rip:Ziglet. Your puckering days on this planet may have come to an end, but your legacy lives on in the hearts of those who met you, whether in person or just "online". :angel:

rainbow
September 28th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Marko, I am so very sorry to hear about Ziglet :( and send my most sincere condolences to you and Carmy. :grouphug:

:rip: Sweet Ziglet :candle:

JennieV
September 28th, 2010, 01:01 PM
So sorry Marko! :( Ziglet will never be forgotten... :(:(

My deepest condolences...

:candle:

Kalou
September 28th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I just had to go through this a few weeks ago with my Owen and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. I am now starting to remember the great memories I had with Owen and you will too.

Sweet Ziglet will now go to the bridge with all our other loved ones.

ancientgirl
September 28th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Marko, I am so very sorry. My most profound sympathy to you and your family.

:rip:Ziglet. Run free little one.

loopoo
September 28th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I am so very sorry, he was a beautiful kitty, and very loved by his family
:rip:Ziglet

CarolynInPEI
September 28th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Marko, we are so very sorry for your loss.

dmc123
September 28th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :( Your post about Ziglet made me cry along with you and your wife.

Diane

Dee-O-Gee
September 28th, 2010, 06:02 PM
What sad news Marko. :(

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Ziglet was and will always be a handsome little fellow.

:candle: Sweet Ziglet :candle:

:grouphug:

diandpat
September 28th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Awww Marko so so sorry for you and Carmy. Love oooozes out of every word you wrote. Clearly this furkid was dearly loved and had a great life.

Hope in time that tears turn to smiles and happy memories that warm a broken heart.

:grouphug::grouphug: :goodvibes::goodvibes:

:rip: sweet Ziglet :angel2:

Masha
September 28th, 2010, 07:13 PM
:cry: I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to your and your family. Ziglet was lucky to have had such a wonderful father :grouphug:

Ziglet :candle:

marko
September 29th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Thanks again for the continued support everyone :goodvibes:

Sincerely,

Marko

mastifflover
September 29th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Marko I am sohe is sorry about Ziglet. Remember he is now pain free running at the bridge and will be watching over you

Sew-sew-steve
September 29th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Marko I'm very sorry for your loss.

Needles to say, you made ziglets life wonderful and gave him more than he could ask for. As you said, it was his time. .. Luckily for him it was in the arms of his beloved caretakers. You did the best you could and I commend you for that.

Wish you the best in life,

Ibrahim

krdahmer
September 29th, 2010, 10:43 AM
:cry: Oh Marko, I am so sorry to hear about your Ziglet, he was a very handsome boy and sooo patient to let you take all those very cute and amusing pictures to share with all of us! :lovestruck:

:rip: Dear Kitty :candle:

:grouphug:

Sylvie
September 29th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Oh Marko, I am so sorry to hear about your Ziglet. There is a lot of sadness these days. :grouphug::grouphug: to you and your wife, I truly understand what you are going through.

:rip: Ziglet

Longblades
September 29th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I'm so sorry.

Shaykeija
September 29th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. A candle lit here and at home to help guide your cat over the bridge....

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w67/ms_cordero/376.gif

Winston
September 29th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Marko I am so sorry to hear of Ziglets passing. It has taken me a couple of days to actually get on here to right this to you. As the pain is so fresh in my heart and many others on this board I can say we truly know how you and your family must be feeling. I hope you will be able to draw some peace from knowing you have loved Ziglet and he loved you!! and we also loved him as well.....:cry:

Run free little boy! :candle::cat:

marko
September 29th, 2010, 03:49 PM
aw man...just when i think I'm having a dry millisecond, i go and read another comment... Thanks so much Winston and others for your comments and support.

It's just so obvious how much we pet lovers love our furkids. Maybe because Carmy and i have chosen not to have 2 legged kids, that this is so hard for us....we don't have enough distractions. When Zak passed, we still had Ziglet but now all i hear around the house is silence, echoes and phantom cat sounds.
Everything reminds me of him and I'm still instinctively attuned to all the normal house sounds that were paired with his presence.

Ziglet was a constant in my life for SO long, he was part of my everyday ...I miss him so much.

Thanks again tear provokers :) :grouphug:

Winston
September 29th, 2010, 03:57 PM
So you and Carmy are DINKS too! (i hope you know what that stands for...:D)

marko
September 29th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Yup, we are Dinks....Dinks in love :D

14+kitties
September 29th, 2010, 04:04 PM
:grouphug: Marko
It does not matter if you have one or one hundred. When you lose one the pain is unbearable. They are such an integral part of our life. They wind their way into each facet that is us. My Brownie passed the end of April. I still cry many tears for him. :grouphug:

THE CAT BED IN THE SKY
Anon

I thought that you might like to know I got here safe and sound
Though you must feel rather strange not having me around;
Of course, I am not really gone, I've just moved out of sight,
And I don't need that old body, things had stopped working right.
Sometimes I'm sorely tempted, to pop back down and see,
Just how you are managing, without any help from me,
But I'm sure that you will understand I can't come back to stay,
Though I have it on good authority that we'll meet again some day.

The chow up here's delicious - Ambrosia brand, it's named,
Once you've tasted this stuff, Friskies won't taste the same,
And where do they get this nectar, which thick and creamy comes,
It's not like other dairy products cos it don't give me the runs.
I haven't found the litter tray, and THIS perplexes me,
That however much I wolf down, I never have to pee.
But there are other plus points, which cannot be ignored,
My claws have all come back again and there are drapes here to be clawed.

Another little oddity, that leaves me quite astounded,
Underneath my tail end are two lumps, furry and rounded -
I can't remember having them, when I lived down there with you,
And up here, all I can say - I've not sussed out their use.
Oh yes - I've got a comfy bed, just like mine down there at home,
So things here are quite adequate, I cannot gripe or groan;
But while I'm up here waiting, in my cat bed in the sky,
I'll regularly look in on you, and keep a watchful eye.

hazelrunpack
September 29th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of little Ziglet, Marko :grouphug:

I know just what you mean about the phantom cat sounds. For weeks after our dogs have passed, I hear phantom tags jingling in the silence and catch glimpses of phantom tails disappearing round the corner to the hall. I always welcome those incidents as signs that they're checking up on us, making sure we're okay. When those signs stop, I know that they've decided we're strong enough for them to cross to the Bridge.

All my best to you and Carmy. May your hearts heal quickly and the memories make you smile soon. :grouphug:

:candle: Ziglet

Dracko
September 29th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Marko I can relate. I had to put my Mochie down earlier this year due to CRF. It was like it happened overnight. I haven't even been able to post about it. Your Ziglet reminds me of my Mochie so it was very bittersweet to read this thread. Was her fur soft like a bunny rabbit? Mochie's was and their fur looks similar.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3888/mochie.png (http://img705.imageshack.us/i/mochie.png/)

TeriM
September 29th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I'm so sorry Marko :cry:. Cats really do make a house a home and I'm sure yours is feeling very lonely right now. Hugs to you and Carmy :grouphug: :grouphug:.

Run free and easy at the bridge Ziglet :candle:.

binkybuff
September 30th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Marko, my sypmathies to you and your family on the loss of you Ziglet :rip:.

Having gone through the same thing a few years ago, I do know the pain, anguish that you are going through at this time. Although tough, you did the right thing.

take care
binky

growler~GateKeeper
October 9th, 2010, 02:54 AM
:( I'm so sorry Marko & Carmy :2huggers:

:rip: sweet :angel2: Ziglet :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug: