Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

But I Like A Hard Bed

shannon1233A
September 27th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Well, Keeper has a huge dog bed, you know the ones that are over $100 at PetSmart. She also has a comforter in her kennel, and she's tried our Loveseat. But I guess she prefers a hard mattress. No accounting for taste! pffft!

http://www.pets.ca/forum/picture.php?albumid=526&pictureid=3795

http://www.pets.ca/forum/picture.php?albumid=526&pic

http://www.pets.ca/forum/picture.php?albumid=526&pictureid=3797

http://www.pets.ca/forum/picture.php?albumid=526&pictureid=3796

cell
September 27th, 2010, 10:52 AM
great photo's ! :laughing:

Frenchy
September 27th, 2010, 10:57 AM
:laughing: why buy doggy bed when you have a "nice comfy" coffee table ! :laughing:

Love4himies
September 27th, 2010, 11:09 AM
:eek::laughing::laughing::laughing:OMG, that is too funny.

14+kitties
September 27th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Oh My!!!!!!!! :cloud9::cloud9: What a gorgeous baby!! :cloud9:
I have had a lot of kitties and a dog who preferred to sleep on a coffee table. Go figure. Maybe they have back issues and the hard surface helps. :D

PS - LOVE your blue collection. I have one saucer left over from my childhood. It brings back a few good memories of my mom. :cloud9:

Chris21711
September 27th, 2010, 12:05 PM
As long as she doesn't knock drinks off of the table, I see no problemos :cloud9:

Good eye on the "Blue Collectioon" 14k...I have a few pieces myself.

14+kitties
September 27th, 2010, 12:06 PM
As long as she doesn't knock drinks off of the table, I see no problemos :cloud9:

Good eye on the "Blue Collectioon" 14k...I have a few pieces myself.

I know hon! I've salivated over them, remember? :o

Chris21711
September 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I know hon! I've salivated over them, remember? :o

So that's how those goobers got on them :laughing:

14+kitties
September 27th, 2010, 01:07 PM
So that's how those goobers got on them :laughing:

Why yes, that is exactly why. :D
My favourite still remains the one with the eloping couple running over the bridge with her father in hot pursuit. I believe it originates in China.

shannon - sorry to threadjack so badly! But it's your fault for having such gorgeous pieces!! :p:o

ancientgirl
September 27th, 2010, 02:42 PM
She's certainly a beauty. I'll never understand why they prefer to sleep in the most uncomfortable of places.:rolleyes:

Rgeurts
September 27th, 2010, 02:48 PM
LOL, that has to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen! DH and I both had a good laugh over it! Of all the dogs I've had in my life, I have never had one that slept on a coffee table :laughing:

Too cute :cloud9::lovestruck::D

Jumajum
September 27th, 2010, 03:46 PM
OMG, that's too freaking cute:sleepy::laughing:

Dog Dancer
September 27th, 2010, 04:04 PM
That's just too cute! I've never had a dog that slept on the table either. I had one who used to sit on the kitchen table to look out the window, but never one who just chose to sleep on the table... Too sweet.

shannon1233A
September 28th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks everyone! I've had dogs all my life, and have never seen anything like it. What you don't see, is the floral arrangement normally kept on the table, that she knocks off so she can climb up. You can tell she's not comfortable on the love seat, she's tried every position lol

As for the blue collection, we used to collect antiques, it's called Flow Blue. It was "invented" ( some believe it was an accident during the 2nd firing) by Josiah Wedgewood in his Staffordshire pottery house in the 1820's. There's now 3 glass shelves in that cabinet, all full, used to be 4, but one of the glass shelves broke under the weight of the china I had put on it, ugggg. Broke a dozen plates and all the cups and saucers except the 1 you see grrrrrr.. Those porcelain pieces are worth a small fortune now, so hold on to any pieces you have :) Now I've thread jacked my own thread lol

14+kitties
September 28th, 2010, 09:44 AM
:sorry::offtopic:Yikes!! :eek: Poor plates!! Poor you losing them. :grouphug:
I can remember (a millennium ago) using a blue set for every day dishes at home. I have the one saucer that survived but it has a few chips in it. :( I also have a large platter with lots of crazing. It is never used but unfortunately at the moment I don't have a spot to display it either. I don't believe it's antique but I am afraid I don't know near enough about antiques.

Ok....... back to your regularily scheduled thread......... :laughing:

TeriM
September 30th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Now how can that possibly be comfortable :eek:.

Hilarious pictures :laughing:.

rainbow
October 2nd, 2010, 03:26 PM
:laughing: That is hilarious .......at least you don't have to dust it. :D

Sylvie
October 2nd, 2010, 04:43 PM
That is too funny. In all my years with dogs, I have never seen one on a coffee table. :laughing: