Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Miss Lyra and Miss Loulou are in the building!!

Jumajum
September 22nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Hello everybody,

I am the proud person-momma of Loulou Poo-laz (named after the great mountaineer Loulou Boulaz) and Lyra Slobbertongue (named after Lyra Silvertongue from Phillip Pullman’s ‘His Dark Materials”).

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4089/5015245422_a9b3062890.jpg
Da girls are sisters. Their parents are top notch sled dogs, both Pointer (GSP) Cross mixes. Lyra is definitely more Pointer (she is my great huntress) and Loulou is definitely more ‘Cross-mix ‘(she has the great making and paws of a future skijoring superstar).

We got them at 9 weeks old. They’re at 13 weeks now and so far we have them socialized pretty well. They’re getting gold stars across the board for housetraining , the basics of ‘sit’ and ‘come’ and they love their crates, especially now that they have fancy schmancy doggie beds lined with fleece sheets :sleepy: . They love to go for walks and are pretty good on leash until we get to the last block before home and then their sled dog genetics kick in :rolleyes:.

We live in the arctic in a little red house with a tall wooden fence and the whole lot of wilderness for the playing and exercising in.

Looking forward to chatting with everybody!

14+kitties
September 22nd, 2010, 02:45 PM
How cute are they? :cloud9: Adorable!!

hazelrunpack
September 22nd, 2010, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the board, jumajum! What sweet little furbabies you have!!! :flirt:

Koteburo
September 23rd, 2010, 05:10 AM
Welcome!!!
I'm new here as well :D (well semi new )
Anyways I couldn't help but smile and giggle at how cute your doggies are. So cute:cloud9:

mikischo
September 23rd, 2010, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the forum, Jumajum.:)

Miss Lyra and Miss Loulou are gorgeous girls.:lovestruck:

Rgeurts
September 23rd, 2010, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the board! But I don't see a link to the piccies :(

growler~GateKeeper
September 24th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Oh my! how cute are those two :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Welcome to the forum :)

Jumajum
September 24th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks everybody. Da girls are very flattered by all the compliments.
Rgeurts, I hope you can see the link to the photo. Otherwise, you're gonna have to take my word for it that they're absolutely, over-the-top, adorable!