Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just a reminder....

chico2
September 13th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Just a reminder of what's to come....check the temperature :(

heeler's rock!
September 13th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Noooooooo!!!! :mad: Chico nooooooo!!!!! :mad: I don't want any snow!!! That's it. I'm movin to California!!!!!!! :cool:

Writing4Fun
September 13th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Urg!!! :p Did you have to do that, Chico?! I mean, I prefer the temps to be a little on the cool side ... but not THAT cool!! :eek: (although privately I'm looking forward to seeing Phoebe's reaction to that first snowfall - teehee!)

iRONKNiGHT
September 13th, 2004, 10:35 AM
ohh my i need to find a picture of "REX" while i was growing up ..was taken in the 80's? "REX" in lottttttt's of snow back of our house!!..i'll keep looking for it :) .. ohh and for you WIMPS! i LOVEEEE THE ICE .. COLD YEAHH!!!
and SNOWWWWWWW :)))))) gimmie all year round!!

Writing4Fun
September 13th, 2004, 10:44 AM
WIMPS?! Who are you calling a WIMP?!?! I'll have you know that I spent 7 gawd-awful days with no power during the Great Québec Ice Storm, thank you very much!! :eek: I think I've filled my ice & snow quota for a while, don't you? (So I left the Ice Storm and moved to Ontario's Snow Belt - sucker for punishment, that's me! :D ) Let me guess - you're a skiier, right? :p

krdahmer
September 13th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Ok that was just mean....mean mean mean!!!! :p SNOW! YICK!!!!!

Luba
September 13th, 2004, 12:48 PM
ANITA you are gonna get a spanking!!! STOP THAT!!

I do NOT want winter to come, last year it was sooo long I hated it!!!

I wanna throw a tantrum right now!

Sneaky2006
September 13th, 2004, 01:55 PM
I think I saw on another thread that you have winter for like 6-9 months a year. Is that right or was the person exaggerating? If that is right, what's it like the other 3-6 months? And what months are what season?

Luba
September 13th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Winter doesn't officially start until December but in November it pretty much IS winter...cold and yicky with snow sometimes and it goes all the way to March.

IT SUCKS!

Sneaky2006
September 13th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Oh ok, not much different than here. It's only supposed to be Dec, Jan, and Feb but it does start in Nov and go till March sometimes, even April although it doesn't last.
We got a blizzard here on my Birthday in March already.
Now, don't throw anything at me... But I love winter!! It looks so pretty outside when it snows, there's nothing else like it.

Cinnabear
September 13th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Ours start in October to end of April. But that was not nice picture. Brrrrrrrrrrr. :(

glasslass
September 13th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Being in Sunny California, OMG!!!! Are those squirrels real?? They look like they're really, really cold!

chico2
September 13th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Yeah,GlassLass,they are real,the grey one is"my"FiFi... :D
We sometimes don't even have snow for Christmas,but i kind of like snow,it's the cold I am not crazy about.
I love going out walking one evening,all bundled up,big snowflakes falling as long as it is not -20C.Or being inside with the fireplace blazing and a snowstorm outside..oh well,I am just an old romantic at heart :D
Of course I prefer summer,but we live in Canada after all and come spring it's like a re-birth and it makes you feel soooo good seing the first Robin returning!

BigDog
September 13th, 2004, 05:53 PM
winter isn't so bad - we can skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :) ;) :p
look! it's Quebec

iRONKNiGHT
September 13th, 2004, 08:35 PM
WIMPS?! Who are you calling a WIMP?!?! I'll have you know that I spent 7 gawd-awful days with no power during the Great Québec Ice Storm, thank you very much!! :eek:

ohh GOSH a Full WEEK awww i feel so bad poor you LOL.... only problem is i lived it!!

Let me guess - you're a skiier, right? :p

i'd say more of a Bodsleder and Speedskater so what i love the winter games! :)

my first job after a week i turned 16 was for Canada Post...
can you imagine running up and down ICY stairs in the city in -22 to -31 plus windchill factor...

Writing4Fun
September 13th, 2004, 11:03 PM
ohh GOSH a Full WEEK awww i feel so bad poor you LOL.... only problem is i lived it!!
Ha,ha, very funny pal! :p OK, I get it - no sympathy from you!
i'd say more of a Bodsleder and Speedskater so what i love the winter games! :)
I figured as much. ;) Bobsleds and speedskating, huh? A speed junky? Are you a Formula1 fan too?
my first job after a week i turned 16 was for Canada Post...can you imagine running up and down ICY stairs in the city in -22 to -31 plus windchill factor...
Oh, I SO can imagine it! You brought back A LOT of childhood memories (visiting relatives at Christmas and having to carry huge, steaming pans of lasagna up those stairs)! :) Thanks for the trip down memory lane! :rolleyes:

melanie
September 13th, 2004, 11:51 PM
hate to rub it in (yeah right :rolleyes: ) but i say goodby winter, i have never liked you and you torment me so, ahhhh.
but i welcome the coming summer with such delight, oh frolicking in the paddock in the hot hot sun, yummmmmmo, just love it. goin to the beach with charlie, oh yeeeeeeah beach babies, and to the river oh yeeeeeah cant wait, i have my hat hanging near the door in preperation wooooohooooo :D :D :D . its a comin, i can feel it in me waters :D :D

iRONKNiGHT
September 14th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Oh, I SO can imagine it! You brought back A LOT of childhood memories (visiting relatives at Christmas and having to carry huge, steaming pans of lasagna up those stairs)! :) Thanks for the trip down memory lane! :rolleyes:

i think i'd enjoy eating at your house LOL..

krdahmer
September 14th, 2004, 04:45 PM
For me here, the seasons are as follows....

Winter- AKA SLUSH/ CAR REPAIR season
Spring- AKA SNEEZE season
Summer- AKA RASH, BURN & SNEEZE season/~also Ahhhh FILTERED A/C season
Fall- AKA SNIFFLY, ITCHY EYES & SNEEZE season

And I've said it once, I'll say it a hundred times.... TG for Singulair!!!! :D (or I'd be livin in a bubble....with no kitties! :eek: :(

Jackie467
September 14th, 2004, 04:49 PM
I miss snow so much. I'm from around Pittsburgh PA and now in Houston, talk about a climate change. of course we don't have snow like you guys in canada but just enough. I miss it so much, you guys are making me home sick lol. Here in Houston there is no such thing as winter it's perpetual heat (at least compared to -15 in PA when it only gets 52 here :rolleyes: ). You should see the people down here it's 65 and their walking around in parkas like it's freezing, meanwhile i'm walking around in a t-shirt because it's like spring. :D

TalonsMa
September 15th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Oh Chico :( Thanks for the reminder....I HATE winter!

chico2
September 15th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Talonsma,I do sympathize with you in Alberta,my son lives in Vermillion,just east of Edmonton and they have terrible winters and loooong :(
Our's here in southern Ontario are not that bad,but it seems to be getting colder every year...
This is taken from my livingroom window one Christmas....pretty though,eh!!

TalonsMa
September 15th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Your right! It sure looks pretty :) Until you step outside and it's 40 below...LOL
We already had snow this month, I'm sure winter is coming early this year :S

iRONKNiGHT
September 15th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Winter Winter Winter!
Montreal's Winter..enjoy!