Keeping Belle on her toes

hazelrunpack
September 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM
"Thirsty now, Mom! Can we go in?"

Brier is such a boor at the water bowl.

"He's such a goob, Mom! Doesn't share with others!"

hazelrunpack
September 17th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Afterwards, of course, everyone is tired.

Time for naps:

:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

:D

Frenchy
September 17th, 2010, 06:02 PM
omg Hazel , that face shot of Lil Belle is gorgeous ! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
September 17th, 2010, 07:45 PM
She's just a gorgeous girl :flirt: (Not that hazel is biassed in any way, of course :p)

pbpatti
September 17th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Hazel, the pack look wonderful. I love the shot you got with the lip flap flying :D. They played hard so they can sleep just as hard. It must be getting close to fall trimming time so they can go with HazelDad hunting. patti

hazelrunpack
September 17th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Yep, almost trim time. Ember was getting so antsy that I trimmed his ears and everyone's toe hairs the other day, just to make him happy. :D That'll hold him for the next couple of weeks til it's time to take off the rest of the feathers. He loves this time of year! :dog:

Dee-O-Gee
September 18th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Love the sleepy time pictures! :sleepy:

Did they catch any snakes or varmints? :D

rainbow
September 18th, 2010, 02:09 PM
So are we getting pics of their "before and after cuts" before hunting season starts? :D

I love all the sleepy time pics too. :cloud9:

Love4himies
September 18th, 2010, 02:39 PM
[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][I][B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]The morning Snake Hunt and Varmint Patrol

Just like kitties :cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
September 18th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Love the sleepy time pictures! :sleepy:

Did they catch any snakes or varmints? :D

They rarely catch anything, but evidently it's the chase that's the draw! :dog: (We have to keep moving a little portable fence to give their 'chasing path' a break or the grass disappears along their usual route! :D) They tell me that the reason they don't catch anything is because their vigilance is paying off and the Varmints take their Villainy elsewhere :laughing:

They practice napping, too--they're very good at it!

So are we getting pics of their "before and after cuts" before hunting season starts? :D

If madame hazel reminds me ahead of time :o You know how our memory works....NOT! :rolleyes: But I'll try to remember.

Just like kitties :cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruck:

Setters like to wind in and out between your knees, rubbing their faces on your legs, too! :D It's not the first time we've noticed a similarity to kitties! :cat:

chico2
September 18th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Hazel,I would like just a couple of hours with all your beautiful puppers and I would be in heaven:lovestruck:
Love their very long feathered tails,just beautiful and you are a great photographer for sure:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
September 18th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Hazel,I would like just a couple of hours with all your beautiful puppers and I would be in heaven:lovestruck:

They'd feel the same way, chico! :D

Love4himies
September 18th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Setters like to wind in and out between your knees, rubbing their faces on your legs, too! :D It's not the first time we've noticed a similarity to kitties! :cat:

Now that is my kind of dog :thumbs up :laughing: unless, of course, they are drooling when they are rubbing their faces on me :p

hazelrunpack
September 18th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Just swaddle your legs with paper towelling and you won't even notice :whistle: :laughing:

TeriM
September 21st, 2010, 02:10 AM
Sigh, I do believe I am gonna need to seriously consider a setter when it is time for the next dog :).

Great pictures hazel :cloud9:.

hazelrunpack
September 21st, 2010, 02:24 AM
Thanks, Teri! It's a lovely breed...and I'm totally unbiassed :whistle: :p

growler~GateKeeper
September 21st, 2010, 02:25 AM
My goodness it's busy out at Hazel Run! So much to see & so much to do.

:laughing: Gracie has green toes in the 2nd one of her rolling :dog:

Looks like Lil Belle is looking right at the camera in the 2nd popular shot :laughing:

Lil Belle :lovestruck: Ember :lovestruck: Macie :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
September 21st, 2010, 02:28 AM
Ya, Lil Belle is a real ham! :laughing:

The HRD had just finished mowing--they all had green feet the day of the rolling fest! :p

TeriM
September 21st, 2010, 02:28 AM
Thanks, Teri! It's a lovely breed...and I'm totally unbiassed :whistle: :p

Can I order one just like Grace? I wanna little one that has lots of energy to do agility and keep up with Riley.

although ...... isn't Grace the one who hates the rain?

hazelrunpack
September 21st, 2010, 02:33 AM
Grace and Lil Belle both like to keep their feet dry! :dog: But she'd definitely do well at agility and I think she'd excel at fly ball, too. When she wasn't having uncontrolled zoomies out of sheer excitement! :D She's only a half-pint, though.

TeriM
September 21st, 2010, 02:45 AM
When she wasn't having uncontrolled zoomies out of sheer excitement! :D She's only a half-pint, though.

Sounds perfect. I kinda would like a half-pint size for the next dog cause if I have two Riley's size I will need a bigger vehicle :laughing:.

hazelrunpack
September 21st, 2010, 11:08 AM
I wish we could find more her size--she's the perfect size for a lap dog....although our bigger bruisers would beg to differ with that assessment. Even the big ones think they're the perfect size for a lap! :D

Elizabeth628
September 21st, 2010, 12:42 PM
Love the pictures Hazel! Looks like they are having SUCH a good time! Oh yes, and the nap pictures .. sweet! Unbiased?? ya right! :D

hazelrunpack
September 21st, 2010, 02:24 PM
Of course I'm unbiassed :angel:

:laughing: