Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Archie-Neil

Archie-Neil
September 17th, 2010, 12:11 PM
We lost our sweet, sweet boy Archie-Neil June 25/97-August 15/2010. He was a beautiful flame point ragdoll/birman cross (we think) and the sweetest, yet quirkiest cat I've ever known. He loved my husband unconditionally and he loved me but only when his daddy wasn't around!! He was diagnosed with lymphoma and a mass on his bowel in June and we treated him with oral chemo and prednisone, which seemed to help for awhile. He responded well and was almost back to his old self. He started to go down hill in early August (we had planned to go on vacation out of the province) so we postponed it for a while but then had to go anyway due to family illness. We left our sweet boy in the care of a friend, and also a vet tech. They took great care of him, but the cancer was getting the better of him. We were away for a week, and we arrived home long enough to decide that we needed to let him go, so he wasn't suffering any longer, and he helped us make the decision by dying at home with us an hour after we got back. We both look at it as though he waited for us. It is very difficult to lose them but having been through this experience helped me to know that I would probably not put my pet through any of this in the future. If you love your pets, the kindest thing to do is to let them go peacefully.

BenMax
September 17th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

Peace to you and your husband.

Run pain free and wild little man.:rip:

Magicwildwolf69
September 19th, 2010, 02:08 AM
so sorry for your lost. hope your memories keep him alive in your heart always

growler~GateKeeper
September 23rd, 2010, 01:30 AM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Archie-Neil :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug: