Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cats are loved in my house!!

Archie-Neil
September 17th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone, I am the owner of a 15 1/2 yr old female brown tabby named Muffin, and until recently the owner of a fantastic 13 yr old male (ragdoll/birman cross) named Archie-Neil. We lost him August 15/2010 to lymphoma. He was a fantastic boy and we miss him very much. I am coping a little better with this than I expected but my husband is not. He has lost his "boy" and he's feeling a little lost himself. I know it will get easier for him.

I'm just starting to feel a little better about losing him, but now my tabby girl is showing signs of illness. She has blood in her stool, but she started on a new medication recently and I'm hoping she is just allergic to it and it is causing her some bowel irritation. I'm going to keep an eye on her stools for a day or so and if no improvement, off to the vet again.

I hope it's nothing serious cause I'm not sure I could handle losing them both so close together.

BenMax
September 17th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. There never seems to be enough time with our beloved companions. Your grief and that of your husband's will, in time, be wonderful memories and a celebration of life. We all deal with it differently, but in the end we move forward but we never forget...and nor should we.

I hope your other kitty recovers. Keep the faith, remain optimistic as animals can sense our feelings more than we give them credit for. Keep your cat in good spirits by you remaining in good spirit. The power of healing is when we are whole and in good mental state. This is passed on to humans and to animals as well.

Best to you. Hang in there and I wish you strength.:grouphug:

Archie-Neil
September 17th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Archie Neil

14+kitties
September 17th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby. It is never easy to lose a beloved pet. :candle::rip:sweet angel :candle:
Welcome to the site Archie-Neil. Have you thought about posting your other kitties' health issue in the health forum? We have a few cat gurus who know quite a bit about cat health as well as a vet who volunteers his time to help here as much as he can. :cloud9: Maybe we can come up with something your vet hasn't.

chico2
September 17th, 2010, 03:02 PM
What a stunning cat,Archie-Neil was,I am so sorry for your loss:(
I lost my 14yr old Rocky,just a little more than a week ago and it is very difficult,I did not think I would ever stop crying,but I am ok now..
All the members on this Forum are wonderful caring animal-lovers and I am sure you will find an answer to your other kitties problem.
Oh,and Welcome to our Forum:thumbs up