-->

Spider identification help?

derez
September 14th, 2010, 11:18 AM
anyone know what this is?

bendyfoot
September 14th, 2010, 12:08 PM
anyone know what this is?

Some kind of orb-weaver...hard to tell from the photo...how big was it and where do you live? Where did you find it?

(And don't worry, it's not dangerous or anything)

derez
September 14th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I live in southwestern Ontario Canada. The spider was approx. 2-2.5" toe to toe. Didn't want to get to close or try to relocate without first identifying it. Don't want to end up with a doctors visit. ;)

bendyfoot
September 14th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I'll have to snoop a bit for a better ID, but there are no dangerous spiders in Ontario (and it's neither of the two southern species which sometimes wind up up here). Unless you have a freak allergy to spider bites, at the worst you'll get an uncomfortable pinch and mild local reaction to a bite.

Frenchy
September 14th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Holy crap ! :eek: I usually like spiders but this one ... :yuck: looks a bit too much like a tarentula ! :o

Claudia36oh
June 20th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Yuck...my granddaughter just got bit yesterday by a spider.

Poor little baby has a swollen arm and face, here in Ohio we have the brown recluse spider...so she had to have a quick ER visit.

After Antibiotics and Steroids she looks a little better.

dogcatharmony
June 20th, 2011, 11:14 PM
:yuck: why oh why did I look. ewwwww I hate those things

lindapalm
June 21st, 2011, 09:46 PM
I don't know what kind of spider it is, but I wouldn't mess with it. I got bit two weeks ago, possibly by a brown recluse, and didn't know a spider could do that much damage. From now on, I'm going to be leery of all spiders . Never did like them, but definately scared of them now.