- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

Spider identification help?

September 14th, 2010, 12:18 PM
anyone know what this is?

September 14th, 2010, 01:08 PM
anyone know what this is?

Some kind of orb-weaver...hard to tell from the big was it and where do you live? Where did you find it?

(And don't worry, it's not dangerous or anything)

September 14th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I live in southwestern Ontario Canada. The spider was approx. 2-2.5" toe to toe. Didn't want to get to close or try to relocate without first identifying it. Don't want to end up with a doctors visit. ;)

September 14th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I'll have to snoop a bit for a better ID, but there are no dangerous spiders in Ontario (and it's neither of the two southern species which sometimes wind up up here). Unless you have a freak allergy to spider bites, at the worst you'll get an uncomfortable pinch and mild local reaction to a bite.

September 14th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Holy crap ! :eek: I usually like spiders but this one ... :yuck: looks a bit too much like a tarentula ! :o

June 20th, 2011, 11:45 PM granddaughter just got bit yesterday by a spider.

Poor little baby has a swollen arm and face, here in Ohio we have the brown recluse she had to have a quick ER visit.

After Antibiotics and Steroids she looks a little better.

June 21st, 2011, 12:14 AM
:yuck: why oh why did I look. ewwwww I hate those things

June 21st, 2011, 10:46 PM
I don't know what kind of spider it is, but I wouldn't mess with it. I got bit two weeks ago, possibly by a brown recluse, and didn't know a spider could do that much damage. From now on, I'm going to be leery of all spiders . Never did like them, but definately scared of them now.