Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oh Hai!

Koteburo
September 13th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Hey, I'm in Calgary :ca:. I found these forums when I found a lost kitty. I explored and I'm liking it :D
I really like and love animals. I have a cat, white with gray/tabby head and tail called Scully.
Ever since I was a kid I adopted cats, dogs and learned from my mom to rescue birdies that fall of their nest when rainy :cloud9:

My legacy to my parents are a bunch of cats (9 :cat: :S Lots) . But they live in a big house with a terrace and a big garden, and my parents are very caring people.

Well I'm glad I found forums for pet and animal lovers like myself we can share tips, stories, advice.

Hello to everyone.

pbpatti
September 16th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Welcome to pets. koteburo, hope you enjoy your time here. If you have any pics!!!! please share. 9 kitties in your home you should have some pics. patti

Koteburo
September 17th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Yay! Thanks :3
Oh believe me I have a collection of them.
Well how about to begin the reason of my name

Once I found a black kitty cat and I named him Mr.Kitten but as he grew he got a million nicknames that ended up in Kotesu
Then I found another kitty cat, with a tail as fluffy as a fox and long hair and I named him Savu, but again, He ended up being Boo or Saburo.
That's why my forum name is Kotesu and Saburo = Koteburo

And here they are!
Mr.Kitten alias Kotesu, Kotten, Kotense, etc. He's a serious cat and he likes to patrol and guard my parents place. He likes to sneak on your bed but only if you're sleeping and not too annoying to him. He has a guard job and that's serious business to him. I love my Kotesu <3
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4823/kotense.jpg

And here's Saburo, Savu, Boo, Bureaucrat, etc <3 He's uber loving, with big innocent eyes that make everyone fall under his spell. The house keeper at my parents (a girl that's almost like a part of the family now) says he's an enchanted prince with a spell of cat form. (I laughed so much, but that's so cute)Unlike Kotesu he doesn't have a job but only to be pretty and give lots of wub.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1158/bumagnifico.jpg

And here a super corny pic I made of them on Valentine's day of 2009 XD
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/979/valentinecats001ko1.jpg

hazelrunpack
September 17th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Very pretty kitties, Koteburo! :flirt:

Koteburo
September 17th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks! :cloud9:

14+kitties
September 17th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Welcome Koteburo although we have "talked" before. I'm sure the more you look around the site you will learn all about the rest of us crazy folks who are very passionate about our pets. How about posting a pic of your own kitty now? :thumbs up Love your "guarder". I have a big black kitty who thinks he is the ruler of the catuary too. :laughing:

Koteburo
September 17th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Count me in among the crazy folks passionate about their pets :laughing: I'm just like that for sure :thumbs up
Well here she is:
Meet Scully !
Usual attitude neutral, she's loving when you need her. She likes to lie on people's bellies and not surprising at all to find her curled up in the morning next to me in bed. She's very clean, well behaved, except when she's hungry she starts pawing/scratching everything like "Hey! It's my foodie time you bum!"
White all over except for half of the head and tail. Her tail is bent in the tip. I adopted her when she was almost 1 year (she's turning 2 on Sept 26, since they only calculated 1 year and I was asked to give her a bday I decided to share mine with her) and she already had it bent. She also has an extra boob, so she has 9 :laughing: I love my girl Scully. And yes, she's named after the character on the X-Files :rolleyes:

Here with her harness/leash
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6183/snapshot201008215.jpg

Here in her bed (she doesn't like it anymore)
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8865/scullybday.jpg

P.S. @14+ XD Maybe it's a black kitty thing when they live in Catuaries, there's also a beautiful black female there, with long hair and big round eyes. Catuaries for the win!

14+kitties
September 17th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Scully is a very pretty girl. :cloud9: It's wonderful you take her outside on a harness and leash. I am all for cats having fresh air as long as they are safe doing so.
I didn't know you had a catuary too. ;) In fact I thought I was the one who made up that word. :D You have a sanctuary or you call your parent's place a sanctuary?
Actually, I have four black cats and one tuxedo kitty among my gang. I love them. They have a personality all of their own. :cloud9: Even the youngest at 5 months has a very distinct personality.

Koteburo
September 17th, 2010, 11:51 PM
My parents own the Catuary, they have a big house and terrace. Since very young I felt compelled to rescue strays and they put up with me providing the patience, the money, I took care of them and with time (not that they weren't before) they became super sensitized about them. They love them tons. Now it's their Catuary there was a time we had 14+ kitties like you we had a terrible incident of someone sneaking in a putting poison that took the life of our dog (that we rescued from the streets 10 years before at that time) and lots of the kitties. It was brutal, my parents and brother (who were there at that time) had to witness everything.
Anyway after that natural causes also. But the Queen of the Catuary is Hilda also known as "the goddess" long hair, she has the same colors as Scully, she's stunning 15 years old now. And Kotesu, Saburo, Fibrizo (tuxedo medium long), Latis, Yoshimi, Misty, Etienne (he's so handsome and cuddly), Rui (they're worried he ran away) and the youngest one Paye (I found him on a sidewalk when he was probably around 5 weeks old at the most).

I've also fostered Sarnie <3 a puppie I took care of him, gave him medical attention, deworming, and every day walks until a nice group of students that used to help animals found a good family for him.

I found Peanut another doggy I loved him dearly but he had a mysterious immunologic disorder and after 3 months and endless attempts, and staying at the vet hospital he couldn't fight anymore. That was a couple of years ago and I just can't remember that without tears.

Gremlin the other doggy that was guardian of the Catuary and loved pet (the one that got poisoned)

And my sister took Miranda, our crazy blondie she also fell victim of the cruelty of people's poison.

There have been others before the goddess generation but I would never finish posting. I guess my family and me are "rescue rangers" :laughing:

Here a short video of Yoshimi and Miranda (Miranda already crossed the rainbow bridge) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QC4iiLXqYA

pbpatti
September 18th, 2010, 09:52 AM
What a beautiful fur family you have. Thanks for sharing them with us. They are absolutly beautiful. patti

Koteburo
September 19th, 2010, 03:08 AM
What a beautiful fur family you have. Thanks for sharing them with us. They are absolutly beautiful. patti

Aw thanks! That's so nice http://www.anikaos.com/041-msn_red_fox_smilies/msn_red_fox_smilies-10.gif