Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Back to the vet for Angus......

CarolynInPEI
September 13th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I HAD an appointment booked for this coming Thursday to have Angus' stitches removed (that would be 2 weeks from the surgery date).

Well....I have to take him in first thing in the morning to get his stitches looked at (again) and possibly removed. His eye looks terrible, like the stitches possibly migrated or let go or something.

He did manage to scratch them again yesterday....I had to take the cone off to take his pic and the second I turned my back, he scratched and there was blood everywhere. But when I cleaned him up, it didn't look any different...until this afternoon. That's when we really could notice that it didn't look right.

I can't really explain what it looks like.....and since I'm not a vet I don't know what it should look like at this stage in the healing process. But I do know that it just looks off (and very uncomfortable).

I called my vet and he said to bring him in in the morning. I'm REALLY hoping all goes well and we won't be needing another surgery!

And I'm hoping we will be able to get rid of the cone soon....Angus is like a wrecking ball around the house with that thing on!

I will add the pic that I was trying to get when he scratched his eye.....yesterday was Grandparents Day and we were making cards......

14+kitties
September 13th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Awww poor Angus. He's been through the wringer, hasn't he? Sending lots of :goodvibes: his way.
Love the pic!:cloud9:

mastifflover
September 13th, 2010, 06:53 PM
How is Mr Handsome doing? Hope all goes well at the vet. Let us know

Love4himies
September 13th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Poor Angus :(. I hope it isn't serious :pray:

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I hope the vet visit goes well! :goodvibes:

Dee-O-Gee
September 13th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Oh poor little guy. :(

My heart melts for him and hope it will clear up soon. He looks so happy with this card and baby Brier!

:grouphug::grouphug:

CarolynInPEI
September 14th, 2010, 10:23 AM
And now I have a very groggy puppy! Angus got his stitches removed this AM while at the vet and that part looks better....

BUT the area below now has a huge gash and it looks awful. We have to wait and let it heal. It will either heal and look ok or it will heal and end up pulling the eye lid down (which will not be good).

I'm really hoping that it heals fine....I don't want my baby to have to go through another surgery.:fingerscr

My vet is concerned that it is going to pull the lid out and we will end up with another problem that will need to be corrected :(

But we have to wait and see how it heals. So poor Angus will be stuck with the cone for a few more days....

He's asleep on the floor by my feet right now, he had to be sedated to get the stitches out and now he's super tired.

I'm praying for a full and speedy recovery....he's had a tough 2 weeks.

Here's the gash.....

Rgeurts
September 14th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Awww... poor guy :(
:pray: :fingerscr that he mends well and doesn't require more surgery.

:grouphug: to you and the handsome guy!

rainbow
September 14th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Poor Angus :( :grouphug:

I missed the thread about his first surgery but hope there are no more complications and that the gash heals well and no more surgery will be required.

Speedy healing Angus. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Sylvie
September 14th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Oh Angus how could you :laughing::laughing:

:fingerscr that everything works out for your handsome boy. I love the picture :lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee
September 14th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Angus!!!! You have to listen to your mommy and not scratch anymore! :frustrated:

Poor sweet guy. :(

Sure hope he recovers quickly and future surgery is only a thought. :pray:

luckypenny
September 14th, 2010, 10:06 PM
:goodvibes: for speedy healing, Angus!!

rainbow
September 16th, 2010, 03:04 PM
How is Angus doing? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

loopoo
September 16th, 2010, 03:18 PM
best wishes for angus to heal up quickly and for no more surgery what a sweet smiling face he has...

CarolynInPEI
September 16th, 2010, 04:03 PM
How is Angus doing? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Angus is feeling better and has gotten rid of his cone......he actually ended up destroying the cone but he doesn't need it now anyways!

We just have to wait and see how his new cut heals before we know if he will need another surgery.

He had a pretty rough day on Tuesday when he got his stitches out.....he was so dopey from the sedatives the dr used to put him out! He was stumbling around the house and moaning and crying all day and evening. I felt so bad for him.

BUT he is back to his old self again.....and without that cone he's as happy as ever! And he's absolutely crazy and a complete terror now that he's feeling fine. It's good to have him back to normal though!

chico2
September 16th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Caroline,that sounds good,hopefully it will heal nicely and no more problems:fingerscr

the gang
September 16th, 2010, 08:15 PM
fingers crossed, brenda and the pins :thumbs up

rainbow
September 17th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the happy update :goodvibes: and I hope Angus will not require yet another surgery. :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
September 17th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Glad he doesn't need the dreaded cone anymore! :highfive:

Now heal up quickly and cleanly and don't worry your mommy anymore, Angus! :goodvibes: