Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Conor's Mom AKA Kira's MoM

Shaykeija
September 11th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Hi everyone..I would like you to meet Conor.....I think he will help Kira's Mom heal and bring laughter back into her life. Please say hello to him at...

http://conorskorner.blogspot.com/2010/09/so-ive-been-thinking.html

diandpat
September 11th, 2010, 12:49 PM
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: definitely looks like he could heal a broken heart.

What a sweet sweet story. She drove all the way to the States to get him...that is internet love for sure :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
September 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: definitely looks like he could heal a broken heart.

What a sweet sweet story. She drove all the way to the States to get him...that is internet love for sure :thumbs up
Argh!!! You're seeing a part of the story that I can't find!! So Conor is with Kira's mom now? :highfive:

I'm so happy for them both!!!! :goodvibes:

Where did you see pics? :o The link only gets me to the blog entry where she heard about 'Bumper' (and I do like the name Conor much better! :D)

rainbow
September 11th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Awww, he is such a handsome little dude. :lovestruck:

Congratulations to them both and thanks to Kira's Mom :grouphug: for for giving Conor his forever home ......he couldn't have found a better one. :cloud9:

rainbow
September 11th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Where did you see pics? :o The link only gets me to the blog entry where she heard about 'Bumper' (and I do like the name Conor much better! :D)

Try this link, Hazel ....

http://conorskorner.blogspot.com/

Shaykeija
September 11th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Not bad lookin' for a Rescue dog, eh?

About Me
Conor's Mom
On September 1, 2010 my sweet little muppethead, KiraDog, died. She was diagnosed with Cushings disease in November 2009 and it finally gave way to heart disease and liver failure. Oh how I cried :-( . . I knew I needed another dog to fill the void in my heart and my home so I worked with Furbaby Rescue (where Kira came from) and saw a dog named Bumper. I thought Bumper was a dumb name so I started calling him Conor (before I even met him!!) . . This is his story.
View my complete profile

About Me (and really, when you think about it, it IS all about ME):
Hi everyone!

My name is Conor. Well, it used to be Bumper but my mom thought it was as dumb name (and in a way, so did I) for a grown-up puppy so she re-named me Conor. Conor, now that's a good strong manly-man Irish name, don't you think? I'm quite proud of it myself :-)

Anyway, I'm a "Liver" coloured Shih Tzu and I'm about 2 years old. I have allergies and am currently recovering from a pretty nasty flea infestation so I'm not quite at my optimum level of goodness. A few doggy classes and medicine will take care of that!

Characters in my life:
Willy: (aka SirWillyCat): 17 year old black and white tuxedo cat adopted January 7, 1994, when he was 5-6 months old, from the Edmonton, Alberta SPCA.
VetLady: Dr. I. Elizabeth Borgmann, founder of the Whatcom Road Veterinary Clinic
Miss Eleni: Founder of Furbaby Rescue
Aunt Diane: Mom's friend and (retired) co-worker. Aunt Diane lives a few doors away from us and we sometimes go to her place for a visit.
Friday, September 10, 2010I'm HOME!!!

Bumper, now known as Conor!

Hey Ev'ry1!

I'm CONOR!!!! Ain't I one helluva handsome devil?

So there I was, minding my own business, following Miss Eleni around the house hoping for a treat, then WHAMMO! My whole world got shaken up (again?) and now I have a new mom! Here's what happened:

This lady shows up at Miss Eleni's house and announces that she's taking me home - pretty damn presumptuous, if'n you ask me! I mean, don't I have a say in the matter? OK, so I ran up to her and sniffed, then I barked a little (well, the others were barking tooooo!) And yeah, I did lick her hand...and :sigh: I did let her snorgle me a little...and yeah, when one of the other dogs started to muscle in, I stayed between the lady and the other dog.

Aw shucks...I s'pose we could try this living together thing for a while. Y'know, just to see if I like you an' all...

Next thing I know, Miss Eleni whips out some paperwork, teaches mom how to look after me (I had a flea infestation and need special care for a while yet), and then puts on my snappy new (?) car harness. I waited patiently while mom yapped with Miss Eleni some more then off we went. I was sad and confused for a few minutes, not wanting to say good-bye to Miss Eleni, but also wanting to start my new adventure. So I admit, in a not so manly way, that I whimpered for a few minutes in the car. Then mom reached back to give me some scritches said it was going to be so much fun when we got to her place, so I settled down and just lay in the backseat until the car ride ended.

We drove for about an hour then mom said those magic words so many lost and lonely doggies want to hear: "We're HOME!!!"

After a tour of this new house, I followed mom upstairs to meet someone called Willy. Willy is mom's cat and he didn't look too happy to see me. So I tried to be friendly by hopping up on the bed from where he was surveying his domain.

That didn't go over well for either of us :-(

I'm going to try and convince Willy that I'm not a mean doggie and I won't try to bully him so he doesn't have to hiss and spit at me. Not sure how successful I'll be, but I'm still gonna try.

Anyway, mom unpacked My Stuff and laid my blanket on the couch. Now I'm just going to settle down and take a nap while I get used to all the new noises and smells in MY NEW HOUSE!
Posted by Conor's Mom at 23:49 1 comments:
Vanja said...
Snort, You love the little fart already, I can tell..lol

11 September, 2010 10:41

Shaykeija
September 11th, 2010, 02:31 PM
There you go Hazel

hazelrunpack
September 11th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks, Shay! :highfive: That second link worked, too, rainbow, so I could see the pics! :thumbs up

They're going to be so happy together! :flirt:

Tundra_Queen
September 12th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Awww that is great! Concor and Mom are going to be so happy!! Way to go Shay!!