Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hope this is the right to place!!!

the gang
September 9th, 2010, 10:44 PM
have contacted all my sites and rescues, sorry everybody im done!!! tonight was a night that i got kicked to the curb and said its enough!!! i have done my best, someone else needs to take over, im done!!! ill still help if i can but its enough after many yrs, ill be on the side lines, brenda and the pins

BenMax
September 10th, 2010, 06:36 AM
What are you referring to? Helping unwanted animals? If so, it's a tough life and sometimes you need to take a break and rejuvenate. I have had those moments as well, but someone here on Pets always gives me that kick in the pants...and I get re-energized and keep on ticking.

Take care.:grouphug:

the gang
September 10th, 2010, 08:33 AM
thanks ben max :)

shirley1011
September 10th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Brenda, I don't know what happened but BenMax has given some good advise...without people like you a lot more animals would be without love....I envy everything folks like you do and I know it must break your heart at times...but think of all the good you do.

Frenchy
September 10th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Breathe Brenda breathe ! As BM said , sit down and take a break. Also , nice glass of wine and a couple of pieces of cheesecake will also help ;)

there's nothing wrong with taking a break , every body needs one from time to time.

mastifflover
September 10th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Brenda the animals and us truly appreciate all you do. If you need a break take one maybe after a break you will be able to go back. But as everyone else said relax chill out do something for yourself. You are allowed to be selfish once in a while treat yourself to a massage or whatever makes you happy. And know you are appreciated even though you are not always shown that

BenMax
September 10th, 2010, 10:39 AM
You know, rescue is a nasty 'business'. Whether you are with a rescue group, work in a shelter or do it as individual citizens, there are always nasty people and critics. No one is satisfied and the bashing is part of life sadly. You can be great one day, and be crap the next. Remember that this world is unique and is an emotionally charged vocation. Sometimes it is brutal and very unfair. You just need to balance things in order to keep a cool and level head.

Just hang in and do not let people crush the goodness. I absolutely refuse to let others 'ruin my day' with their opinions, comments and sarcasm. Don't get emotional about whatever it is you are upset about if it deals with HUMAN BEINGS...because in the end it is the animals that rely on you...not them.:grouphug:

Unfortunately human nature is not as forgiving as animal nature. Remember that.

mastifflover
September 10th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Unfortunately human nature is not as forgiving as animal nature. Remember that.

So True

Frenchy
September 10th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Brenda , just an example that just popped into my head (a bad memory I should say !)

I fostered this one dog a few years ago , for a rescue that I heard bad things about but , I really wanted to help this dog. I did "pay" for it ... dog wasn't evaluated first , and many other things that I don't care to talk about anymore but , in the end , I was accused of being a bad foster mom. I was accused of making the dog worse. And believe me , I did not ! The dog did get better over the month "it" was at my house. But still ... I got totally trashed by this rescue person. I can't describe how that made me feel , as I also felt so much for this dog. But then I told myself that other rescues did like and trust me , so I didn't let this ONE person bring me down. :shrug:

BenMax
September 10th, 2010, 10:59 AM
It happens to all of us Frenchy in rescue unfortunately. Heck - you should hear what was said to me when a dog tried to attack another dog and I corrected the dog at an adoption facility. Had I not corrected immediately, the other dog would have been seriously injured or worse....yet other rescues disagreed with what I did. So yeah - I ignored their stupid attitude and continued on my way. We all get our knocks.

Dog Dancer
September 10th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Brenda :grouphug:. You are certainly allowed to walk away when it gets to be too much. You my friend are only human. You will know if and when you are ready to take on these challenges again, but you should never feel guilty about your decision. All the good you have done cannot be undone.:angel2:

the gang
September 10th, 2010, 02:25 PM
thank you everybody :grouphug: brenda and the pins

chico2
September 10th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Awww,Brenda I am so sorry you feel that way,whatever happened must have been really hurtful.
I admire anyone involved in rescue and fostering and I can sooo understand when things get to be too much,heck,I am not even involved in anything like that.
I would say,screw the people(ooops,maybe I cannot say that),it's the animals that are important,but take a rest from everything,get recharged and you might look at things different:grouphug: