Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pics of Scarlett

SunGurl372
September 9th, 2010, 10:00 AM
As promised, here are a few pics of Scarlett. ACPS had listed her as a Shepherd mix. She's a little underweight, but she's starting to thicken up a bit now that I've got her eating some quality food.

The city sent me home with a bag of Science Diet puppy food. First two ingredients - ground corn and chicken by-product meal. Yumm-o.....NOT!

I actually intended to feed it to Scarlett for a little bit as I transitioned her to the kibble I give my older girl, as I've had bad experiences with changing Harley's food in the past. But the smell of that food when I opened the bag almost bowled me over. Just couldn't do it.

Took the bag back to ACPS, as I figured they could feed the pups there with it. Their budget is atrocious, so I suppose every little bit helps.

mastifflover
September 9th, 2010, 10:06 AM
What a cutie good call on the SD. I would rather do a hard switch then do it slow with that stuff. Well she is a very pretty girl and I am sure she will flourish in your care.

Marty11
September 9th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Nice pup you rescued. Some of that food yukkkk. It's a wonder it's even called food.

hazelrunpack
September 9th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Oh, SunGurl!! She's definitely a lovely girl! And a lucky one at that! :D Congrats on your new addition!!

And yes, I do feel better now that there are pics to oooo and ahhhh over, but don't let that stop you from posting more! :thumbs up :laughing: