Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where can i get a bull terrier in MTL???

bullterrierboy
September 12th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Hi...i live in Montreal and i was wondering if anybody knows where i can get a Bull Terrier??..I would prefer a purebread..but i will take a mix with boxer or pitbull as well..

Lucky Rescue
September 12th, 2004, 12:07 PM
What kind of "bull terrier" do you mean? Staffordshire, English.....? Both of these breeds are rarely seen in shelters or rescues, and I've never seen one in Montreal.

If you're willing to go to Ontario, there are two Staffordshire bull terriers for adoption. These are probably the only purebreds you'll find.

Romeo and Juliet (http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/ON53.html)

Writing4Fun
September 13th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Hi bullterrierboy. Are you referring to this type of dog?
http://www.pets.ca/breedprofiles/a/bullterrier/b22.htm
You're not likely to find this kind of dog in a shelter or rescue. There also aren't a whole lot of breeders of these dogs, none in Québec that I could find, and most of the ones in Ontario are pretty far West of Toronto. Sorry I couldn't be of more help! :(

bullterrierboy
September 13th, 2004, 09:22 PM
ya..that is the dog but i want a tan/red and white one..thank all of you for your help..is there anyway i can get one brought here or something??.

LL1
September 13th, 2004, 09:24 PM
No - but you can apply to a rescue, get approved after a vet ref and home visit, and then travel to meet the dog.

Cflat
September 16th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Maybe give Don Cherry a call.

moontamara
September 16th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Cflat, I rarely laugh out loud when I'm alone, but I just did. Don't know why that was so freakin' funny... thanks :D

iRONKNiGHT
September 17th, 2004, 04:14 AM
LOL Cflat!! YOU'REEEEEEEEEEE FUNNNNNNNYYYYYY! lol
i understand why you had to LOL Tamara !!!
i'm adding Cflat to my buddy list he's too darn funny!

moontamara
September 17th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Is Cflat a guy? I keep assuming everyone here is female -- I guess because so many are... oops, am I highjacking??? my bad, my bad...

iRONKNiGHT
September 17th, 2004, 05:29 AM
ahem there's just as many Male's on the board as Female's Tamara...stop assuming..lol

okay so Cflat's a girl ...i guess like little sis Tamara said.. my bad.. LOL

Cflat
September 17th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Don's the only person I know with a BT and he'll have so much more free time this season!! :D

Cflat
September 17th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Try petfinder.com. I did and there were some there listed in NY and CT states. If they do out of state adoptions you may be able to get a volunteer transport team to help out.
Have you checked out your local kill shelters? You may be surprised, the love of your life may be waiting for you dressed up like a Lab or a Beagle or a Shepherd! Go for personality!

Akeeter
September 24th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Rotflmao!!