Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rocky,my love 1996-2010

chico2
September 7th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I love you,like I have never loved another cat,you sensed when I had a heavy heart,tried to comfort me,we had our trials and problems,but they only made you more special.
Although you were very sick and I was crying,crying because I knew what I had to do,you meowed and crawled up on my lap,trying to comfort me.
Well,I need you now,my heart is broken...but you are not here anymore.
I'll love you forever,I will never forget you,my little Tabby-boy

shirley1011
September 7th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Chico2 so sorry.....rip Rocky

Dog Dancer
September 7th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Chico2, I'm so sorry for you, my heart hurts with yours. RIP sweet Rocky, you left knowing how much you were loved. Run swiftly to the bridge.

SIL
September 7th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Chico2...my deepest condolences :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:rip:Rocky:candle:

mastifflover
September 7th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I am so sorry Chico there are really no words that will make it better. RIP sweet Rocky

chico2
September 7th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Thank you everyone,it is very,very difficult,but you all know that..

BenMax
September 7th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I am so very sorry Chico2:(

RIP Rocky. You are a loved little man.:angel:

Love4himies
September 7th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Oh Chico, I am soooooo, soooooo sorry :cry::cry::cry::cry: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

He is now pain free. Hopefully Snowball was there to greet him and take him under his wing and show him around.

Winston
September 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Chico I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Rocky! I am a mess again and it just brings everything back so much!

I am sure Bomber, Snowball and many other kitties were there to welcome him across! You will see your beautiful boy again that I am sure!

It hurts so much I know!! We are here for you mf! I know how hard it is to watch them deteriorate right in front of you.

Run free to the bridge sweet Rocky!!

:candle:

mikischo
September 7th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Chico, I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy.:( I understand what you are going through.:grouphug:

You provided him with a wonderful life, and he left this world knowing he was very much loved.

:candle: Run free, sweet :angel2: Rocky :cat: :candle:

chico2
September 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Thank you everyone,I knew I could count on you all:grouphug:
Right now,it's like my whole world fell apart,OMG,I already miss him so much,but I know he is ok now,my beautiful boy..

14+kitties
September 7th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Chico - You know the tears are flowing for Rocky and for you mf. :grouphug:
I knew you had made the decision. I know how hard the decision is. Peace be with you my friend. You know where I am if you want a hug.
:candle: :rip: sweet sweet Rocky :candle: You will be missed so much.

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

-- Unknown

breeze
September 7th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I'm so sorry Chico :grouphug::grouphug:

run free little one :candle:

Chris21711
September 7th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I'm so sad to hear that Chico :(, you did the very best for Rocky, of that you can be proud. He knew how much you loved and cherished him.

:candle: Sweet Rocky

Rgeurts
September 7th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I am SO very sorry, Chico!! My heart hurts for you :cry::cry:. I guess maybe I shouldn't have read this at work, but at least I have my own office.

I know how hard it is, and will keep you in my thoughts. Rest in knowing you gave him a wonderful life, mf :grouphug::grouphug:

:rip:Rocky:angel2::candle:

the gang
September 7th, 2010, 04:22 PM
:candle: so sorry to hear your news god speed :rip:, brenda and the pins

BusterBoo
September 7th, 2010, 04:23 PM
:sorry: My heart hurts for you.....

RIP sweet Rocky..... :pray:

luckypenny
September 7th, 2010, 04:34 PM
What sad news, Chico :(. I'm so, so very sorry :grouphug:.

RIP Rocky :candle:

CarolynInPEI
September 7th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

:rip: sweet Rocky :angel2:

Sylvie
September 7th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Oh Chico I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you. :grouphug:

:rip: Rocky

chico2
September 7th, 2010, 05:05 PM
You girls are all wonderful,thank you:grouphug:

14+,thank you for that poem,even though I've read it many times and cried often,this time it really hits home.
Yes,I held Rocky until he was gone,kissed his head and told him I love him and always will:cry:

Sylvie
September 7th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Oh Chico, I am in tears.:( I ask myself why do we love them so much, but I would not want to miss any of the time we had together.

Again, my condolences.

JennieV
September 7th, 2010, 07:35 PM
:grouphug::grouphug:
No amount of tears or pain would make me stop having pets in my life. They are such pure hearts and souls... Chico, it will hurt always, but with time, you will be able to remember and smile, rather than cry... and then there will still be times that you will cry for him.. Its normal, he was such a special boy... Each one of our furkids are special and hold a place in our hearts...
:rip: Rocky :candle:

Frenchy
September 7th, 2010, 07:42 PM
:( I am so sorry Chico2 :( Rocky was a lucky cat to have you as a mom ! I know he had a wonderful life with you. :grouphug:

RIP dear Rocky :candle:

aslan
September 7th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Chico2 both Grace and I send our heart felt sympathies to both you and hubby. Rocky is waiting for you pain free and young again, and he couldn't have been anymore loved...we're here for you if you need us my friend.:2huggers:

Longblades
September 7th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I'm so sorry. I wish you memories of the good times you had together that will keep Rocky alive in your heart forever.

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2010, 11:50 PM
omd, chico2! :grouphug: I'm so so sorry! Rocky was such a lucky boy to have found you and your husband. He felt your love all his life and took it with him when he passed over. What better gift could you give him? :2huggers:

sugarcatmom
September 8th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Oh chico2, my heart goes out to you for the pain you must feel right now. I'm so sorry to hear about Rocky. Much love to you and your family. :grouphug:
:candle:

Melinda
September 8th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I am so so sorry for your loss Chico, my heart goes out to you and your hubby.

Lukka'sma
September 8th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I am so very sorry Chico. It is so heartbreaking to have to say goodbye. RIP Rocky:rip:

chico2
September 8th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Thank's again everyone:grouphug:none of my friends understand fully..
Do I regret loving my animals and others??
No never,14yrs with my boy and all the others, is worth every single tear and the pain,of losing them.

This morning I woke up with peace in my heart,still tears,but peace for my boy,who is not suffering anymore.
I'll carry him in my heart forever,my wonderful,beautiful Tabby-Boy,Rocky.

Love4himies
September 8th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Thank's again everyone:grouphug:none of my friends understand fully..
Do I regret loving my animals and others??
No never,14yrs with my boy and all the others, is worth every single tear and the pain,of losing them.

This morning I woke up with peace in my heart,still tears,but peace for my boy,who is not suffering anymore.
I'll carry him in my heart forever,my wonderful,beautiful Tabby-Boy,Rocky.

I am so glad you found peace, that will make Rocky happy, he doesn't like to see his mom upset. :grouphug:

diandpat
September 8th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Awwwwww Chico I am so so sorry for your loss of your beautiful boy Rocky :(

Such sadness when these souls leave us. How brave and loving of you to make the horrible decision and stay with him and comfort him until he crossed to the Bridge.

May time passing bring you peace and comfort :grouphug:

Golden Girls
September 8th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Anita, I'm so sorry for your loss :( my heart goes out to you, your husband, Chico and Vinnie :2huggers:

:candle: Tabby-Boy Rocky :candle:

May I Go?

May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days
and endless lonely nights?

I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?

I didn't want to go at first,
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now
to a warm and loving light.

I want to go. I really do.
It's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can
to live just one more day.

To give you time to care for me
and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid,
because I see your tears.

I'll not be far, I promise that,
and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go.

Thank you so for loving me.
You know I love you, too.
That's why it's hard to say goodbye
and end this life with you.

So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me,
you'll let me go today.

~Susan A. Jackson~

Sew-sew-steve
September 8th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Sorry for your loss.

otter
September 8th, 2010, 02:04 PM
My tears join the river already flowing :cry:

When the pain subsides there will be so may joyfull memories of your sweet boy :lovestruck: hang in there...

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: :grouphug:

:candle: Rocky
Hope he's updating all those who've gone before him as to the goings on in their loved ones's lives :cat::dog:

TeriM
September 8th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I am so sorry Chico :grouphug:.

Rocky :candle:.

ancientgirl
September 8th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Chico, I cannot begin to tell you how heartbroken I am for you. I was thinking this morning about you and your boy.

I don't have any words of comfort for you other than I am sorry from the bottom of my heart. I know how very special Rocky was to you.

I'm so very profoundly sorry.:grouphug:

:rip:Rocky

krdahmer
September 8th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Oh Chico....:cry::grouphug: there just are no words. :cry: I'm crying along with you this morning. I feel very fortunate to have got to meet Rocky, such a sweet, handsome, loving tabby boy. God Speed Rocky:pray:, we'll meet again someday.:candle::rip:

Winston
September 8th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Chico I saw this today and felt that it was so moving.....I hope you dont mind if I share it with you.

Your Pets In Heaven
by Ken D. Conover

To have loved and then said farewell, is better than to have never loved at all.
For all of the times that you have stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.

I ask that you not grieve for the loss, but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each others lives. My life was fuller because you were there, not as a master/owner, but as my FRIEND.

Today I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the Sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures.
I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.

We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever.
You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are so rare and unique.
Don't hold the love that you have within yourself. Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

Your Pets In Heaven

Be at peace MF...:grouphug:

chico2
September 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM
GG and Winston thank you very much for the beautiful poems,although they opened the flood-gates again..
I am very grateful,grateful to all of you,for thinking of me and my very special boy.:grouphug:

dmc123
September 8th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Chico, I am so sorry for your loss.

Diane

CsqU4r3d
September 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
My heart aches for you :grouphug::candle::angel2::cat:

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wonderous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful--lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

cpietra16
September 8th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Chico, I just read this thread and I crying and completely in disbelief...I am sorry for your lose, my dear friend. my condolences to You, your Hubby, and Vinnie and Chico....:rip: Rocky.

Tundra_Queen
September 8th, 2010, 11:51 PM
chico, I am so sorry for your loss. We never have enough time with our sweet furbabies no matter how long they are with us. :grouphug: to u and your family.

growler~GateKeeper
September 9th, 2010, 03:49 AM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Rocky :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

bendyfoot
September 9th, 2010, 07:57 AM
:cry: I'm so sorry to hear this, chico :rip: Rocky :angel2:

chico2
September 9th, 2010, 10:11 AM
You know,it's wonderful to have you all who understand,understand the incredible loss we feel,although I cannot read your posts without bursting in to tears,I am very,very grateful to have you all:grouphug: Thank you!

rainbow
September 10th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I am so very sorry to hear about Rocky ......we all know how very close you were to him. :grouphug:

chico2
September 10th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Thank you Rainbow,it still feels unreal that he's no longer with me:cry:

erykah1310
September 10th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Oh Chico, I am so sorry to read this. I know how special each of them are to you and I do not like to think that you are hurting. He will always be in your memories and all of ours too.
Deepest condolances to you and your family.

chico2
September 11th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Thank's Erykah,I miss him terribly:(

babymomma
September 11th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Im so sorry chico :(

r.i.p rocky. :(

cpietra16
September 12th, 2010, 10:04 AM
How are you doing Chico? My son sleeps with Crunchie's urn next to his bed...he feels that she should never be alone and since she always slept with him when she was alive, its only fair to have her sleep with him now:)

chico2
September 12th, 2010, 10:53 AM
cpietra,I am ok,but still burst out in tears at times,he had such a huge presence in my life,understood when I was sad or sick.

I have a small pic of him in my heart-locket.
I have 5 cats buried in my back-yard,but somehow I could not do that to Rocky,I'll get him home this week and he'll have a special spot in my bed-room.
I'll more than likely be talking to him...but then I am a bit weird:cat:
I feel the same as your son,what a wonderful boy he must be:grouphug:

Winston
September 12th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Chico mf..your not crazy...I talk to Bomber everyday! he is exactly where I can see him at all times...:grouphug::grouphug:

Cindy

Sylvie
September 12th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Chico, hubby has Greta's urn on his bedside table with her collar and her favourite ball. He misses her so much. I truly understand what you are going through. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
September 12th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Chico, I'm with Winston, you are no crazy. I think our loved ones, be they human or furry, are always watching over us. They hear us when we speak to them.

How are Vinnie and Chico coping?

NoahGrey
September 12th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Sorry to hear about Rocky Chico. He knew he had a great, healthy and much loved life

Dee-O-Gee
September 12th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Oh no Chico2! I just got back from vacation and saw this. I'm so sorry to read this sad news. :(

Rockie was such a good little boy and was truly blessed to have you and your hubby in his life.

Be strong Chico2. :grouphug:

:candle: Sweet Rockie. :(

chico2
September 12th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Ok Girls,now you got me crying again:cry:
There are friends of mine I have not even told,because I don't want any remarks about Rocky being "just a cat"then,I would probably explode.

AG,Chico actually seems to resent Vinnie more than before,but there is no fighting,Chico just hisses at Vinnie,I wish they'd become friends.
Rocky was kind of the alpha-cat,was the big brother to both of them.
I wish I knew what they are thinking,if they miss him:confused:I know,I always will..

Thank you everyone,you have all helped a lot...

ancientgirl
September 12th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Ok Girls,now you got me crying again:cry:
There are friends of mine I have not even told,because I don't want any remarks about Rocky being "just a cat"then,I would probably explode.

AG,Chico actually seems to resent Vinnie more than before,but there is no fighting,Chico just hisses at Vinnie,I wish they'd become friends.
Rocky was kind of the alpha-cat,was the big brother to both of them.
I wish I knew what they are thinking,if they miss him:confused:

Chico, I think we all have people like that in our lives. They just don't understand. But I know you as I do, have wonderful and supportive family and friends who know how much your boy meant to you.

Vinnie and Chico likely realize something is going on. Hopefully they will become friends in time.

marko
September 15th, 2010, 10:17 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss chico2 and I offer you my deepest condolences.

:rip:sweet Rocky :candle:

Toonces
September 15th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Chico I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Rocky, he was so lucky to have you as his mommy

chico2
September 15th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Thank you Marko and Toonces,I think I've come to terms with the fact he is bodily not with me anymore,but he'll always be with me in spirit,I loved him very,very much..
I picked him up today at the vet,I choose a beautiful Cedar-Box for him rather than an urn,he was a Cedar-Box,kind of boy:lovestruck:
Now,I can speak to him every day......
My vet and his staff have been wonderful,I am so happy I decided to change vet about 3-4 yrs ago and of course everyone here at our Forum,a huge help to me,Thank you all:grouphug:

Winston
September 15th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Chico your boy is home where he belongs! :grouphug: :candle:

Love4himies
September 15th, 2010, 06:24 PM
As Winston stated, he is home where he wants to be. :grouphug::grouphug:

Luvmypitgirls
September 16th, 2010, 06:37 PM
chico2, I am so very very sorry for your loss.:(
RIP Rocky:candle:
hugs to you chico2

Toonces
September 16th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Awww Chico I am so glad he is home with you I will do the same for Toonces when the time comes.

Rocky was a very lucky boy he had the best home and care with you and I am sure his life was lived to the fullest, thats all we can hope for right? I had no idea you had this going on and still you answered my pms about my concerns with Toonces and for that I love you! Take care of yourself MF and please know that Rocky is safe, loved and in the hands of god running free and playing like he should.

chico2
September 17th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Thank you all:grouphug:
Toonces,I love Brown Tabbies,always have,since my very first cat as a child..
There is something about them,I can't really explain,but something mysterious,soulful and a little bit wild.
Of course I love all cats....

Toonces is a wonderful example,I only wish my Rocky could have lived as long.

ancientgirl
September 17th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Chico, I'm so happy you have your boy home with you. Even though he is not there in the way you would have wanted. He will always be with you in spirit.

Magicwildwolf69
September 19th, 2010, 03:03 AM
i am so so sorry chico to hear about rocky. i've been away for a bit again. i'm glad you are doing better and that he is home with you. i'm crying for you as i read all the poems and the well wishes. :grouphug::grouphug: to you and the rest of the fur family. he will always be with you :)

:rip::candle: Rocky

SunnysMum
September 30th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I've been away... I was heartbroken when I read that you lost your Rocky. I don't post often, but I always loved to read about your boys and see their pictures.

:cry:

chico2
September 30th, 2010, 04:32 PM
thank you sunnysmom,i miss him very much and so does vinnie,he lost his pal.
chico will have nothing to do with vinnie:(

MamaLovesYou
October 21st, 2010, 10:04 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I'll be praying for you. I know the road isn't easy but things will get better. My baby boy will be playing with your cat at the bridge. :)